Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL_Josh - "Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple."  (Read 4929 times)
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:05:10 AM

Josh: "Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple. If you want updates and estimates, then they will tend to be modified as time goes on. If you want 100% accurate information, then wait. There's no other option."

Josh: "So I'm curious how you know how many orders we ship per day?"

User: "How about you just tell us?"

Josh: "Because it causes more problems than it solves, so that's not going to happen either."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status-4.html#post45944

This is getting pretty absurd.
The huge "defense" of BFL that I constantly keep seeing from their fan boy army is that "no one has a right to other customer's information and what BFL is shipping." What does that have to do with numbers of how many get shipped on X day?
reg

Activity: 463

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:19:10 AM

Josh: "Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple. If you want updates and estimates, then they will tend to be modified as time goes on. If you want 100% accurate information, then wait. There's no other option."

Josh: "Because it causes more problems than it solves, so that's not going to happen either."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status-4.html#post45944

The huge "defense" of BFL that I constantly keep seeing from their fan boy army is that "no one has a right to other customer's information and what BFL is shipping." What does that have to do with numbers of how many get shipped on X day?

as a "fan boy army" member- but I prefer customer awaiting delivery. there is nothing wrong in asking for daily updates of items shipped. but there is something wrong with asking to whom and where!. also I prefer everyone to be working full time on manufacture and delivery- not on collecting shipping data!. as an aside if like me you have ordered and paid for an item there is a tendency to regard that item your own! this is clearly wrong. all equipment belongs to bfl (even in transit ) until you take delivery so all this - they are doing this and that with my unit is rubbish. reg.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:10:58 AM

October = November = December.... = June = July = August = September....

Seriously no one saw this coming? Almost 1 year ago I posted asking about how BFL could estimate their mini rigs to do 1.0 TH/s without a working prototype and yet people still threw money at them in pre-orders even before a prototype existed.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:44:29 PM

as a "fan boy army" member- but I prefer customer awaiting delivery. there is nothing wrong in asking for daily updates of items shipped. but there is something wrong with asking to whom and where!. also I prefer everyone to be working full time on manufacture and delivery- not on collecting shipping data!. as an aside if like me you have ordered and paid for an item there is a tendency to regard that item your own! this is clearly wrong. all equipment belongs to bfl (even in transit ) until you take delivery so all this - they are doing this and that with my unit is rubbish. reg.

I agree that you can't ask for where the orders are going and for whom. I don't see that being asked anywhere is the thing. People just want their position and a final eta.
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:46:23 PM

Stop asking? The magpie is the question. People will stop asking if there is an accurate eta
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:27:17 PM

BFL's motto:

"There is a sucker born every minute!"
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:06:31 PM

It should be a 5 second exercise to determine the number of units shipped since last update and post it on the forums.
Modern accounting software + a simple counter on a webpage would be another way to do it and that would take 5ms.
The question of "progress update" is such a simple and straightforward question to answer, it boggles the mind that BFL can't do it.

Unless...
BFL realizes that they are legally obligated to refund every pre-order who wants one (and hasn't had their products shipped to them yet).
And if BFL revealed things about their business it would scare folks away.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:40:31 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 11:06:38 PM by JackRabiit

If he really feels that way then they must be shipping Very Few orders each day if telling people how many are being filled would "cause more problems than it solves"
If he gave out a number, Then Anyone could goto that information, and infer for themsevles how long untill they can expect to wait baised on thier own estimate!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 09:25:58 PM

Boy am I glad I asked for and got a refund, now having money to spend to buy BTC directly.
I'll consider mining again, but only when ASICs can be bought with next day delivery.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:45:44 PM

Boy am I glad I asked for and got a refund, now having money to spend to buy BTC directly.
I'll consider mining again, but only when ASICs can be bought with next day delivery.

Here is a theory that people will soon realize is true:

If you can order a mining device immediately (i.e. not pre-order) you will never make ROI on it.

If companies already had these devices and they were profitable, they'd mine with them, not sell them. If they sell them, they will charge so much that they won't be profitable. If they charged so little such that they were profitable, everyone would buy them and difficulty would rise so that they quickly became unprofitable.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:00:19 AM

Josh answer that the reality of the situation would cause them problems

Every BFL customer has had to swallow the cool aide to do business with them

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:10:35 AM

His comments to me can only mean that very little to no shipping is happening and they have no clue when mass shipping will start.  If they were shipping 50, 100, 200, 400 units a days BFL would be very vocal about it IMO and likely our friendly neighbourhood douche bag would be in here calling people cunts to drum up more orders.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:29:43 AM

His comments to me can only mean that very little to no shipping is happening and they have no clue when mass shipping will start.  If they were shipping 50, 100, 200, 400 units a days BFL would be very vocal about it IMO and likely our friendly neighbourhood douche bag would be in here calling people cunts to drum up more orders.

They have demonstrated working examples of all the devices weeks ago. BFL stated they had all of the parts needed to clear the backlog.
But BFL has stopped shipping (or at least nobody is getting devices and BFL is not claiming to have shipped any).
The only reason would have stopped by now is a lack of parts. I see no other plausible reason to not ship.
What plausible reason could there be for a lack of parts at this late a date? Did they run out of chips?
Does everyone have to wait the 100 days it takes BFL to get a new chip order in?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:41:35 AM

Does everyone have to wait the 100 days it takes BFL to get a new chip order in?

Yup.....

We are ~40-45 days into the 90 days every unit will be shipped from the queue...

BTW i stated that i would east my ball sack if they did ship EVERY unit in that time period

I think my ball sack is pretty safe at this point

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

Yup.....

We are ~40-45 days into the 90 days every unit will be shipped from the queue...

BTW i stated that i would east my ball sack if they did ship EVERY unit in that time period

Your ball sack is safe anyway. In the Bitcoin Universe no one has to keep word.

Josh didn't commit Seppuku when BFL failed to deliver before April 2013. BFL didn't donate to charity when they failed their 1GHash/Watt promise.

Wild Wild West. Full of them cowboys.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:33:13 PM

Yup.....

Ha.
I would've bet BTC on it
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:15:00 PM

For BFL to clear their backlog before 2014 its gonna take a miracle, I could easily see them not clearing the backlog for another 8-12 months.

At which point, you will have an "option" to apply your old order to an "upgraded" V2 ASIC, for a few $ more. Will be shipping within 2 weeks. Promise.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:22:50 PM

For BFL to clear their backlog before 2014 its gonna take a miracle, I could easily see them not clearing the backlog for another 8-12 months.
At which point, you will have an "option" to apply your old order to an "upgraded" V2 ASIC, for a few $ more. Will be shipping within 2 weeks. Promise.

Taking this a bit further, I speculate that we will be taking delivery of Avalon and ASICMiner gen 2 hardware before America's favorite Bitcoin ASIC company finishes shipping their backlog of gen 1 ASIC orders on their current production schedule.
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:44:17 PM

Yup.....

Your ball sack is safe anyway. In the Bitcoin Universe no one has to keep word.

Josh didn't commit Seppuku when BFL failed to deliver before April 2013. BFL didn't donate to charity when they failed their 1GHash/Watt promise.

Wild Wild West. Full of them cowboys.

I also don't like what they are doing communication and delivery wise. However, they have founded the Bitcoin Development Fund and have filled the Fund with initial 1000 BTC. http://www.bitcoindf.org/
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:31:02 AM

I also don't like what they are doing communication and delivery wise. However, they have founded the Bitcoin Development Fund and have filled the Fund with initial 1000 BTC. http://www.bitcoindf.org/

This "Bitcoin Development Fund" isn't a charity.

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: