Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've lost my two factor authentificator for Bittrex... please help!  (Read 780 times)
elissa (OP)

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:11:02 PM

Hello guys!

I've literally destroyed my phone but I had the google authentificator for the two factor authentification for bittrex. Now I don't have access to my BTC and my bittrex account because I do not have access to those 6 digits. I have installed the app on my new phone but I have to scan a bare code or to introduce some key words which I don't have them anymore or I cannot find them...

How can I solve this? I wrote to bittrex but I have no answer yet...

I don't know what to do...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elissa (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:20:01 PM

I guess my 0.5 BTC are f*cked...
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:21:55 PM

Oh dear, did you have some bitcoins or any other altcoin in there?

Now I don't have access to my BTC and my bittrex account because I do not have access to those 6 digits.

I am sorry for your loss, but you must know that the 2factor authenticator can only be recovered if you printed the MasterKey of your profile (of 2fa)

if you do not have it, then your account is lost, maybe the 2fa is one of the most safest ways to protect your account. But you should try to secure your account by any other way, specially if you live in a country in where your smartphone can be easily stolen.

Try to open your account in another device, and put that code.

Bittrex is never going to reply support tickets.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:22:01 PM

Hello guys!

I've literally destroyed my phone but I had the google authentificator for the two factor authentification for bittrex. Now I don't have access to my BTC and my bittrex account because I do not have access to those 6 digits. I have installed the app on my new phone but I have to scan a bare code or to introduce some key words which I don't have them anymore or I cannot find them...

How can I solve this? I wrote to bittrex but I have no answer yet...

I don't know what to do...
If you already contacted their support, you need to wait for the answer.
Then they will ask you to upload selfie with holding ID card/passport and sheet of paper with written word "Bittrex"

elissa (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:27:19 PM

[/quote]
Then they will ask you to upload selfie with holding ID card/passport and sheet of paper with written word "Bittrex"
[/quote]

I you sure about this? A lot of people say that they just do not reply. If they would really solve this and ask for a selfie than it is great!
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:30:27 PM

Why not you saved your secret key while putting on your 2way?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
elissa (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:31:53 PM

My account is very old. I have saved it somewhere but I am searching for hours and I cannot find it...
It is a good lesson for the future
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:35:44 PM

[/quote]

I you sure about this? A lot of people say that they just do not reply. If they would really solve this and ask for a selfie than it is great!
[/quote]
I'm talking from my own experience. After I contacted their support, I got response from Bittrex on next day and soon after uploading photo they removed 2fa from my account. It waa only month ago, I don't think that things changed on Bittrex since then.

ZainSpider

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:36:07 PM

Ooops, yes very good lesson indeed but it pains a lot. I hope you recovers it somehow, try to send bittrex a message in twitter as well. may be it can help you.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:38:12 PM

1. Don't worry.
2. Do be patient. Bittrex, like all the exchanges, is snowed under with support requests, but they are processing them. Yours is not the first case like this that they've seen. They aren't just going to seize your funds with no way to recover them.

A lesson for everyone else: You WILL DESTROY YOUR PHONE at some point. Or lose it. Or have it stolen. Or it will die a natural death. One of these things is pretty well guaranteed. So you DID record the seed that 95% of exchanges provide you when you signed up for 2FA in someplace very safe.

Right?

Right?

Because at some point you are really really going to need it.

Pro tip: Whenever you sign up for 2FA, if you have any old phones or tablets lying around that are in working order, install Google Authy and scan the barcode with them too. Then store that phone/tablet somewhere secure. When you bust or lose your main phone now you'll have a backup device with all the 2FA accounts on it. I wouldn't use this method in place of storing the seed someplace safe, but it is convenient when you need it.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
elissa (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:39:23 PM

[/quote]
I'm talking from my own experience. After I contacted their support, I got response from Bittrex on next day and soon after uploading photo they removed 2fa from my account. It waa only month ago, I don't think that things changed on Bittrex since then.
[/quote]

Thank you! If you had the same problem and you solved it this way than it is a relief for me. I would be able to recover my BTC.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:47:18 PM

Are you joking? he has more than 0.50 bitcoins in there, everybody would be worried if you are in a situation that you could be lossing more than six thousand dollars.. I would literally die in his position

1. Don't worry.

Bittrex is probably the only one exchange (and polo) that are never replying to support tickets, they just reply with a bot that does not even work, because they send the same answers once and once again.

2. Do be patient. Bittrex, like all the exchanges, is snowed under with support requests, but they are processing them. Yours is not the first case like this that they've seen. They aren't just going to seize your funds with no way to recover them.

And i lost more than 0.20 on bittrex more than four months ago, and they have not even replied my ticket.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:51:55 PM

Well first of all let me tell you that you did a serious big mistake by removing that app from your phone.
Well accidents happen and of course there are situations when you totally HAVE to reset your phone but that's why a master key file for the 2fa codes exists.

That's the file that you should always take care of very well and keep copies in multiple places. Well, in fact I was the exact situation two weeks ago but with poloniex. But luckily I had the file on my pc. So I reinstalled the app, added the barcodes back into it and I was back in action in a few minutes.

Right now, you either have to look everywhere till you find that file or contact bittrex support. But I'm telling you, they won't reply any time soon. They already take weeks to reply (but that's just when they're in normal conditions) but right now they made some limitations on unverified accounts (they can't withdraw anything) which basically means they're receiving thousands and thousands of tickets on a daily basis.

Even if looking for the file takes you a month, that will probably faster than bittrex support replying to your ticket.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:25:23 AM

Are you joking? he has more than 0.50 bitcoins in there, everybody would be worried if you are in a situation that you could be lossing more than six thousand dollars.. I would literally die in his position

1. Don't worry.

Bittrex is probably the only one exchange (and polo) that are never replying to support tickets, they just reply with a bot that does not even work, because they send the same answers once and once again.

And i lost more than 0.20 on bittrex more than four months ago, and they have not even replied my ticket.

I've had repeated contacts with Bittrex and Polo support staff the last few months. It is not true that they are unresponsive, but they are busy. OP, there are some people here that are not being the least bit helpful for you. Ignore them.

elissa (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:37:42 AM

1. Don't worry.

I've had repeated contacts with Bittrex and Polo support staff the last few months. It is not true that they are unresponsive, but they are busy. OP, there are some people here that are not being the least bit helpful for you. Ignore them.

You were right! They asked me a lot of details, transactions, etc, about my account plus a selfie of myself with my ID.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:25:46 PM

1. Don't worry.

You were right! They asked me a lot of details, transactions, etc, about my account plus a selfie of myself with my ID.

Wish we could "Like" posts here like on Reddit. Glad it is working out for you and they got in touch with you at reasonable speed.

Zahed.H

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:12:32 PM

I may have the same issue wasnt aware that phone backups dont included authenticator deets too! Hope ive saved them have to vheck at home when i get back!
EthereumPY

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:46:38 PM

unfortunately a friend of mine is under same situation, he lost his phone and didn't backed the 2fa key, he asked me to help him to restore his account since several weeks ago so far he already sent all the requested document by brittrex including selfie holding id and date, but still getting same default message from bittrex to visit a link the the procedure is looping for ever.

If any bittrex support agent is reading this the ticket number is 1252385 please help us to solve it at your sooner convenience

Ill update here when the issue is solved
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

unfortunately a friend of mine is under same situation, he lost his phone and didn't backed the 2fa key, he asked me to help him to restore his account since several weeks ago so far he already sent all the requested document by brittrex including selfie holding id and date, but still getting same default message from bittrex to visit a link the the procedure is looping for ever.

If any bittrex support agent is reading this the ticket number is 1252385 please help us to solve it at your sooner convenience

Ill update here when the issue is solved

You can try to post your issue on their official thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463202.0

If I'm not wrong, very seldom they reply message on this forum but I head that they got a slack support channel so you try to contact their for faster response. Good luck....
Ydrefjhane

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

Update for the thread starter?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: