Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Announcing Galaxycoin - GLX, the new PoW/PoS coin, no premine!  (Read 100384 times)
JDDev

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:38:54 AM

This is the same thing that happened to cosmoscoin. The same kind of fix can likely be used.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frank1892

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:56:05 AM

This is the same thing that happened to cosmoscoin. The same kind of fix can likely be used.
Could you please post step how to do? I try search cosmoscoin stuck post, but I can't find. Thanks.
cosmoscoin-dev

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:21:18 AM

Any one who can't sync please replace your GLX client with this:
http://sdrv.ms/1bqHmHd

And add addnode=117.80.146.175 in your galaxycoin.conf

GLX is not our coin, we only have CosmosCoin, so please come to CMC.
arlington (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:25:17 AM

Sorry guys, this is a bug in the code and it is fixed now. Many thanks to cosmoscoin to point out the issue to me.

Please download version 1.1 of the client. The download links are updated.

cosmoscoin, please PM me with your GLX wallet address, I will send you 5000 GLX I mined as bounty (there's no premine of this coin).
cosmoscoin-dev

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:32:08 AM

Any one who can't sync please replace your GLX client with this:
http://sdrv.ms/1bqHmHd

And add addnode=117.80.146.175 in your galaxycoin.conf

GLX is not our coin, we only have CosmosCoin, so please come to CMC.

GLX is okay now, just because of the wrong checkpoints for stake block.

just delete the codes in kernel.cpp,
The following code will be okay now:
Code:
// Hard checkpoints of stake modifiers to ensure they are deterministic
static std::map<int, unsigned int> mapStakeModifierCheckpoints =
    boost::assign::map_list_of
        ( 0, 0x0e00670bu )
    ;
cosmoscoin-dev

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:33:34 AM

Sorry guys, this is a bug in the code and it is fixed now. Many thanks to cosmoscoin to point out the issue to me.

cosmoscoin, please PM me with your GLX wallet address, I will send you 5000 GLX I mined as bounty (there's no premine of this coin).

Great thanks to you arlington, my address is:

ga42DAnQCfvXQrK4c6UcvnAL6fM426SWKs

And please addnode=117.80.146.175, this is a temp node and it will be closed in 24 hours, seems it's enough time for GLX to be ok.
arlington (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:46:42 AM

Thanks again cosmoscoin-dev, really appreciate your help. Smiley
cosmoscoin-dev

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:47:59 AM

Hey Bro,
I received your 5k GLX, you are really a good guy.

How about working together to make CosmosCoin and GalaxyCoin to be very successful? Maybe we can merge our dev team together.
arlington (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:50:35 AM

yes that's a very good idea!
cosmoscoin-dev

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:51:30 AM

yes that's a very good idea!

It's so kind of you.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:13:48 PM

This is a good coin, mining it now Wink

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:46:45 PM

Hey Bro,
I received your 5k GLX, you are really a good guy.

How about working together to make CosmosCoin and GalaxyCoin to be very successful? Maybe we can merge our dev team together.

CosmosCoin and GalaxyCoin, do you both know how to program or did you guys pay programmers to help launch you coin.  I see no issue with that, I'm an economist but im curious.

The real sign of a great developer is delegations and relentless support for his coin.  Programming talent can be hired while honesty, integrity and creativity is much harder to find in most people.

Thanks in advance.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:54:06 PM

Can somebody Explain the benefit or going with both PoW and PoS?

Des that make it 51% attack proof?  Can it be implemented for both Scrypt and SHA256 of just Scrypt.

Can one copy the benefits for PPcoin since that seems one of few innovative coins and would that cost a lot to do?

Finally, how the security on the ultra fast 30 second blocks and only 3 confirmations.  Some on here say those both will lead to security issues.  Are you seeing or expecting any issues.  Cause I do love a fast coin for numerous reasons but I'm wondering why then the genius Satoshi would go with 10 minutes which is so slow by comparison.

Answers Much appreciated.  TIA!

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:44:14 AM

Got about 50k of these for trade if anyone is interested. Hit me up in a PM or on here. LTC or BTC preferred, but will consider any other coin if it's a decent offer

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:44:49 AM

Des that make it 51% attack proof?  Can it be implemented for both Scrypt and SHA256 of just Scrypt.

Can one copy the benefits for PPcoin since that seems one of few innovative coins and would that cost a lot to do?

Finally, how the security on the ultra fast 30 second blocks and only 3 confirmations.  Some on here say those both will lead to security issues.  Are you seeing or expecting any issues.  Cause I do love a fast coin for numerous reasons but I'm wondering why then the genius Satoshi would go with 10 minutes which is so slow by comparison.

It takes you longer to keep typing your posts as a novel than it would for you to google the answers

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:30:11 AM

It takes you longer to keep typing your posts as a novel than it would for you to google the answers

Problem is google gives general info and if you know little about software then its pretty pointless.

Last I checked these forums were for learning from each other.  I help newbies where i can and one actually paid me today which was unexpected, and never cut them down. 

I've noticed your attitude is generally dark, selfish and self centered.  You're sabotaging yourself and don't even realize it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and good luck to you.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:32:03 AM

Problem is google gives general info and if you know little about software then its pretty pointless.

Last I checked these forums were for learning from each other.  I help newbies where i can and one actually paid me today which was unexpected, and never cut them down. 

I've noticed your attitude is generally dark, selfish and self centered.  You're sabotaging yourself and don't even realize it.

Lol, maybe I'll start praying to be saved

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:33:20 AM

Got about 50k of these for trade if anyone is interested. Hit me up in a PM or on here. LTC or BTC preferred, but will consider any other coin if it's a decent offer

Did you really mine 50K GLX that fast?  Amazing - I wish I Knew how to mine new coins.  It's a bit too high tech for me.

You mind if I ask, did you use CPU, GPU or what and how much hashing power did you have?  Thanks in advance.

PS.  I may trade you some devcoin for your galaxy coin depending on the trade.  I paid $.0041 and then $.0021 so I'm down quite a bit so the offer would have to be pretty good for a trade for me to take such a loss on them.

Let me know, bro.

Thanks!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:37:28 AM

!

Lol, maybe I'll start praying to be saved

Hey, that's actually a great idea if only you were serious.  If you do only pray to the Father in heaven.  No middle man between you and God. 

But until you're serious maybe a small attitude adjustment would go a long way.  There's lots to be lost from a poor attitude as most people won't ever tell you these things they'll just decide to not work with you.

So seriously, what do you want to trade for?  And is GLX on any exchanges yet?  Let me know.  Thanks.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:39:18 AM

Did you really mine 50K GLX that fast?  Amazing - I wish I Knew how to mine new coins.  It's a bit too high tech for me.

You mind if I ask, did you use CPU, GPU or what and how much hashing power did you have?  Thanks in advance.

PS.  I may trade you some devcoin for your galaxy coin depending on the trade.  I paid $.0041 and then $.0021 so I'm down quite a bit so the offer would have to be pretty good for a trade for me to take such a loss on them.

Let me know, bro.

Thanks!

I've got around 68 mHash running at our store and I had switched them to this one pretty quick after it was launched and let them run for about 18 hours. I got the 50k before the new client had to fix that problem, haven't mined much since.

Devcoin is pretty all over the place when it comes to pricing, so if you wanted to use those, it would have to be pretty enticing.  PM me or just post how many Galaxycoin you're looking to trade and what rate you're interested in them at per 100, 1000, 10000, whatever

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: