Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:33:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many people would want a charity or religion driven coin with a lot going to charity but also profitable? Which would be the best option?  (Voting closed: July 15, 2013, 06:29:11 AM)
CatholicCoin - 5 (13.2%)
GoodSamaritanCoin - 1 (2.6%)
Both, 1 & 2 - 1 (2.6%)
None, Religion is for stupid people - 27 (71.1%)
I don't care - all of the above - 4 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching a CatholicCoin vs. a GoodSamaritanCoin or Both  (Read 687 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:29:11 AM

Please vote honestly as I want to start CatholicCoin but I'm getting blasted by religion haters.  That's understandable but I think a lot can come from such a coin as well as massive and quick adoption and profits for those who mine or buy-in early. 

Or a non-religion based GoodSamaritanCoin may be a better idea? I left out other religions like MormonCoin but obviously all of those are possible.

Thank you for voting!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:37:17 AM

None. Stop it

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:53:05 AM

It needs an extra word, no coin has a 2 letter abbreviaton. I suggest CGC
It could get popular real fast with some the right kind of marketing Wink

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:56:51 AM

but seriously i dont think any religion coin will work and people that follow those religions would find it offensive.  Imagine if they had Jesus printed on money, the Christians/Catholics would find it extremely offensive and probably start rioting.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
coinerd

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:05:25 AM

but seriously i dont think any religion coin will work and people that follow those religions would find it offensive.  Imagine if they had Jesus printed on money, the Christians/Catholics would find it extremely offensive and probably start rioting.

No that's muslims.

Christians put jesus on everything.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:13:34 AM

I agree.   I would never put Jesus or God on the money.

But I disagree.  Nearly 2 billion Christians use visual aids called icons.  Images of Mary and such.

And the Catholic Church has sold catholic coins of all kinds for a long time with actual images of saints and event Jesus.

It's taboo right now cause people don't understand it but once bitcoin gets out by next year this will be just like the Internet only bigger.

Most religions aren't that closed mined.  They would love a new clean revenue source which also helps out millions of people.

Thanks for all your input.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:14:38 AM

It needs an extra word, no coin has a 2 letter abbreviaton. I suggest CGC
It could get popular real fast with some the right kind of marketing Wink

I get it.  3 letters are cool but I tried to keep it really simple as simple is almost always better.  I'll see what feedback I get.

Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:16:55 AM

None. Stop it

Seriously, stop what?

You don't think religions aren't entitled to their own coins like their own websites?  That's closed minded.

And I'm trying to find the least offensive way.  I just bought the 2 Good Samaritan domains just for that reason.

These coins would have mass, true mass appeal and they would actually do a lot of good for society.  I can't think of much good Bitcoin has done besides Silk Road.  Seriously.  A little bit of CSR would be nice for a coin.

danystatic

Activity: 235

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:21:10 AM

I am not religious,
and
from my single point of view,   a GoodCauseCoin would surely be worth to look more into it, and if true to its name, definitely would adopt it.

PM us,  we are interested in something similar, and already have our functional development 100% done.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:28:26 AM

I am not religious,
and
from my single point of view,   a GoodCauseCoin would surely be worth to look more into it, and if true to its name, definitely would adopt it.

PM us,  we are interested in something similar, and already have our functional development 100% done.

I'm not a programmer and I have very limited funds so I'm afraid I have nothing of value to offer.  I own these domain names so I'm trying to find a programmer to work with or funding to hire a programmer.  But thanks for the offer and your input.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:34:16 AM

I am not religious,
and
from my single point of view,   a GoodCauseCoin would surely be worth to look more into it, and if true to its name, definitely would adopt it.

PM us,  we are interested in something similar, and already have our functional development 100% done.

I take that back, I have been on a domain name buying binge and I have nearly 140 coin domain names and I just checked and GoodCauseCoin is one of the coin domains I do own.

But that's the extent I can help with.

danystatic

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:16:58 PM

oh my .... you want to start a coin but you got no resources? and no programmer...   Grin

man you are good
but have no idea what it takes..... starting a coin ahahahaha
with only the domain .... hahahaha i'm sorry but this is so funny
danystatic

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:40:27 PM

for starters, having your own coin, will take you more than a couple years. full time working on it. and resources

what do you mean you have 140 coin domain names?  thats like 1,400 usd 10 usd per domain..... 
but you do not want to pay for a programmer ?   
you think programmer is going to work for free when you wasted 1,400 usd ?

but you do not want to PM me because you have nothing to offer?

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:17:49 PM

for starters, having your own coin, will take you more than a couple years. full time working on it. and resources

what do you mean you have 140 coin domain names?  thats like 1,400 usd 10 usd per domain.....  
but you do not want to pay for a programmer ?    
you think programmer is going to work for free when you wasted 1,400 usd ?

but you do not want to PM me because you have nothing to offer?

Dude, what's $1,400?  I spent $4,000 on BFL mining rigs.  A programmer to launch a coin will probably need at least $10,000.  And i haven't received any mining rigs yet cause I only ordered 2 months ago.

And of course I'm gonna get the domains first. Would be lame to talk to people about an idea without having something locked in first.  That's how you lose ideas.

At any rate, I'm struggling financially cause I have 2 kids to support.  And I do know what it takes to launch a coin and there are students out there who can program or guys from 3rd world countries and deals can be made.  No everybody who launched a coin was a programmer.

danystatic

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:17:31 PM

congratulations on your two kids Smiley

you´re probably right on everything,   I believe a strategy would suit your needs, far better than a coin.

or you could do both.

I can not offer myself to develop a coin, but profiting from doing good things? I believe I know how this could be accomplished and started this week.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:46:14 PM

how about a "gtfocoin"? Smiley

No seriously, we don't care.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:47:15 PM

congratulations on your two kids Smiley

you´re probably right on everything,   I believe a strategy would suit your needs, far better than a coin.

or you could do both.

I can not offer myself to develop a coin, but profiting from doing good things? I believe I know how this could be accomplished and started this week.

Oh? You mean the GoodCauseCoin?  But you have to launch a coin for that? Have you picked a name?  The name is crucial in my opinion.  As much as the launch and the honesty and transperancy behind the coin.

Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:48:28 PM

how about a "gtfocoin"? Smiley

No seriously, we don't care.

If that's the case you just gave me a great idea for the next coin.

WTFCoin.  I bet that would sell better than any of the Mickey Mouse coins out there right now.

danystatic

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:17:57 AM

.... The name is crucial in my opinion.  As much as the launch and the honesty and transperancy behind the coin.

Thanks.

you mean the launch is crucial?
how did bitstarter launched?
hod did bitcoin launched?
how did just-dice.com launched?

do you remember or have data regarding this launches?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: