Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTION RE "BALANCING" BETWEEN COINTRACKING & MY DASHBOARDS AT COINBASE / GDAX  (Read 132 times)
crypto4smp (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:04:56 AM

3 weeks of "experience" here...and I say that loosely...

Currently, my COINBASE dashboard shows me holding "x" number of LTC.  My GDAX dashboard shows me holding "y" number of LTC.

If I look at the two dashboards and add them together (x + y), I should see that total in my COINTRACKING summary...correct?Huh  (note:  I am excluding the very slight rounding errors in this question).  Unless:

*  I made an entry error in entering a transaction someplace.
*  or...the "rounding error" is VERY significant
*  or...as I always entered the time based on "HR:MIN:SEC" with seconds = 00 (matching my receipts) and this is problematic given the second to second fluctuation in coin pricing.

Basically, I am trying to use COINBASE to "balance my COINBASE and GDAX checkbook."  And I am off by 1.42 LTC at the moment...which bothers me...

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions/comments?

Thanks for the help to the "newb"       Undecided

Regards,

crypto4smp
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxxDrCarlxxx

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:45:26 AM

Following...
I have all kinds of errors - probably user errors.
If I can get this software working for taxes AND trade balances and details, it will be awesome
I see I have 42 pages to read for clues - lol?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: