Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:44:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 50% correction on BTC possible?  (Read 2025 times)
tryer12

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:04:33 PM

I think you should expect around 30% correction when one is occuring.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:10:36 PM

With growing numbers of bitcoin investors, it really affect the growth of bitcoin market price. And it could be possible to have any corrections in the coming days but having 50% corrections is to much. I think everyone should be positive as corrections happen will in favor to the community and not destroying the image.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:18:42 PM

I don't see it happenings soon, because the attention to Bitcoin is exponentially growing every day. I don't think this increase of attention will suddenly stop, the only thing that could possibly slow it down is if a influential person or company would publish strong evidence that there is something wrong with Bitcoin. But I don't think that is going to happen as Bitcoin is very well build and nonsense wouldn't damage Bitcoin too much, like J.P. Morgan did.
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:20:04 PM

50% is too much)20-30% is more possible

mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:21:19 PM

I wish, but it would only happens if major governments will ban crypto or if aliens attack Earth ) But I hope for slight price correction, want to buy little bit more of bitcoins.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Jeric_

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:21:38 PM

A correction that big is really possible in any market, especially in a very volatile market with no visible fundamentals of the investments such as the case of cryptocurrency.
Having said such,it all depends on the sentiment of the market on whether greed or fear will dominate.
saidlik

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Czech altcoin newbie

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:22:24 PM

I believe about 20% is possible now. But i dont see the correction any time soon. Maybe in few weeks when BTC is going to hit 15K hard.

John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:59:22 PM

anything is possible and with bitcoin drops like that are possible and it has happened to near that amount of drop too in the past. something around 40-42% if i am not mistaken, ignoring the 2013 fake Mt Gox pump.

I checked the chart. In 2013 the highest price was about $1300. In 2015 it was below $200. You're right, the 2013 chart is crazy. At the beginning of November 2013 the price was $200, at the end of the same month it was $1200. +500% in 30 days.
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:34:36 PM

Everything is constantly conceivable with Bitcoin however I don't think this will happen now. Try not to perceive any components that could impact Bitcoin cost in such negative path right now. Amendment will happen eventualy and it's not avoided that it may occur before the year's over yet I don't hope to be in such degree and half would nearly speak to crash not simply redress. In any case, after each adjustment Bitcoin value recoups soon and on long haul I'm not stressed over the cost.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:38:16 PM

Hi,

You are asking for a forecast about a possible correction in an unexpected situation regarding a currency with no reliable economic model, is that right? (I don't say that bitcoin is not reliable, just that economists don't fully understand it and its carateristics yet)

How do you expect us to come up with such thing?

I doubt there will be such a correction. It would make no good I think.. But who knows? Did anybody knew about btc reaching the current rates? Nope! 'Cause we cannot make accurate forecasts on such matter!  Wink

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:04:44 PM

I don't think that a correction that leads bitcoin to less than 8k dollars because it's simply a line that can't be down crossed again by bitcoin especially after it spread all around the world and people have known , adopted and believed in it !
So bitcoin has made such a progress and scored achievements to a point it can't go backwards any more .
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:13:06 PM

It is not a correction but called a dump of holders or a fluctuation that is caused by some FUD that end up people believing in it.
I believe that could happen. As new investors will come who dont know what happened in the past. Those inexperience one will have a probability to panic and dump it causing a big waves and we might be washed with it making a larger loss in bitcoin value.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

I think a 50% of decrease in bitcoin's price is possible but not likely to happen anytime soon. Most investors have just started from $10k level and more will continue to invest. If ever the downfall of bitcoin's price to 50% happen, there will be a lot of people who will grab this opportunity to buy at a discounted price and accumulate more bitcoins.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:26:03 PM

I think the price rise which we are seeing in bitcoin this time is supported by corresponding market cap. If you see the doubling in price since last two months have been connected with the market cap. The market cap too has doubled to reach around 180 Billion USD. I am not really seeing any correction until the forks are over. Moreover 50% is just way too much.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:43:12 PM

With the current continuing rise of Bitcoin price, we expect a correction coming soon. Do you it can reach around 50%? Give us your thought and own prediction.
Did that correction happened last week? I'm expecting that it will be bullish now up to $15,000 at the end of the year. And by that time, the correction that you are expecting is about to come. I don't wanna say that 50% correction can't happen but it can and I can't give a chance or any percentage on it's possibility to happen. The same correction can come like when we reached $11,000 it went back to $8,600.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:46:44 PM

With the current continuing rise of Bitcoin price, we expect a correction coming soon. Do you it can reach around 50%? Give us your thought and own prediction.

Never could it be 50% at the stage of publicity and market cap.

Totally agree, it has grown too much and being worth the half of its current price would be ridiculous, however it could go down to 10k at least, with the upcoming events this month it will be higher and higher, it would not surprise me if it would be damn 20k and january, bitcoin is not something one can predict, specially on short term.

SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:55:43 PM

Anything is possible in crypto-world.
But still I don't think it will happen....seeing the trend and popularity i am not even expecting the correction to $10,000 in near future. I feel $10000 is the strong base for BTC for now. BTC Market cap is increasing day by day so new users are entering in this market or old players are investing more. In both cases, faith and popularity increases, hence acceptability inc. So no chance of 50% down.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:14:39 PM

with bitcoin, every time there is a hint of a correction its never hits the floor and is scooped up by hungry buyers. Even when there is a $1000 correction you see a lot of panic threads started yet within a couple of days the bulls eat it up.
The only predictable thing about bitcoin is its unpredictability. Just hodl is my advice.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:30:41 PM

Anything can happen in bitcoin especially now that it became so much active in the market. Bitcoin continue to fluctuates either it go up or down but if ever a correction takes place I am confident the value will end up with a more appreciative value that investors would love. can't wait to see bitcoin reaching $15000 soon.
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:43:36 PM

I think it's hard to think bitcoin will be more than 50% correction if you look at the bitcoin movement and the moment that will happen with bitcoin.  many of forks makes bitcoin prices rise too fast, not impossible for correction, but it will happen even though it will not drop 50% .. if I predict it will probably drop from 15-25%. difficult to correction to 50%...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: