Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:29:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G3220 Pentium 4th Gen. (on H81) for mining  (Read 167 times)
rizabbasi (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:03:28 AM

Hi,

I have G3220 Pentium 4th Gen. CPU that I intend to use on H81 PRO BTC R2.0.

I need confirmation that this CPU will work for mining. I read that there is >4-6 GPUs detection issue in some processors. Would it give pain in detecting the GPUs?

Shipping beats perfection. So "ship" and then improve (that 1%).
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:09:08 AM

Hi,

I have G3220 Pentium 4th Gen. CPU that I intend to use on H81 PRO BTC R2.0.

I need confirmation that this CPU will work for mining. I read that there is >4-6 GPUs detection issue in some processors. Would it give pain in detecting the GPUs?

I use that cpu on any intel mobo that supports it that's used on a mining rig, great cpu as long as its the skylake version and not the kabylake

its able to process anything that's tossed at the cpu, which isn't much its mostly just performance IE faster booting things like that, which is what I would think miners would need compared to using the Celeron which is just crap in terms of being able to boot and process data decently

from what ive learned from others in the very recent past is the kabylake intel Pentium dual core cpu cannot do more than 4 gpus. it is possible its been fixed since but prolly not, it doesn't seem to detect any more than that, skylake g3220 intel Pentium dual core cpu is just fine at doing 6 gpus

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Min3r2049r

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:58:23 AM

from what ive learned from others in the very recent past is the kabylake intel Pentium dual core cpu cannot do more than 4 gpus. it is possible its been fixed since but prolly not, it doesn't seem to detect any more than that, skylake g3220 intel Pentium dual core cpu is just fine at doing 6 gpus

I have rigs with g3930 Kaby Lake and haven't had any problems with 6 GPUs
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:02:21 AM

I have rigs with g3930 Kaby Lake and haven't had any problems with 6 GPUs

what GHZ cpu though, I believe it was a specific ghz that had issues I think it was around 3.0ghz, your sounds like its higher than 3.0ghz but like I did mention it might have been fixed lol
as far as I know it was the same cpu as the g3220 skylake which I think is 3.0ghz but the kabylake version that's also 3.0ghz had issues detecting any thing more than 4 gpus, it was a very brief period a number of months ago I seen posts pop up for a little while of some people having issues with a version of the kaby lake microarchitecture, then those same posts disappeared as fast as they popped up

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Min3r2049r

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:08:41 AM

mine is 2.9Ghz idk, maybe I got lucky but never had any problems
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: