Cap Currency
Capcurrency <for Search
digiCaps <or variant : D
DigitalCaps < or Variant : D
eCaps <or Variant
GoldenCaps < like the tooth
TimeCaps <or Variant
CapCoin < or Variant  | :: <that's an eyeroll

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rename your poor little Caps - have a read of my ramblings - Vote > add  (Read 1571 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 01:40:19 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 04:10:56 PM by digitalindustry

*** Steve digi Jobs was responsible for the change from BOT to CAP - but i didn't really need to use much Job(s) power for that change as it was a little bit like things you don't miss , like oncoming trucks when driving on the wrong side of the road etc.... in making the decision to miss the Truck is like making the decision to change the 3 letter extension.

** I understand it will be shortened to Caps anyhow - but a currency needs to have an official name- the following is why it matters in my opinion:

OK guys without going into a white paper on psychology or sociology as it relates to humans in economic markets

let me simply explain how i designed the marketing of Caps when i came up with the idea.

It was broadly based on levels :  {i will come back around to why this matters to a degree for the name}

1. The first level of exposure was to be of course here , on a forum where we all start.

2. the I would have leveraged the "Cult of personality" that Caps has , which to a degree you are doing,

3. 3rd level would have been to try to gain exposure to the natural gaming market , also try to get sued by the Corporation. {or at least a warning}

but as we know these things only get a currency so far.

Let me explain how the society is broadly split in "modern times"

A) the TV generation - they are Assets and Capital rich.

b) the Net Generation - savvy Asset poor individuals and mostly Capital poor.

now the only way for a currency to really excel is to of course bridge that gap,(think winki dink ETF)  in some way.

now without explaining how that is done here - i'd like to explain that Generation A) is going to see a "Bottlecap" as a "Bottlecap" there will be no mistaking that fact that they have zero understanding of any of the aspects of the charm that it was meant to have.

however "Cap Currency"  subtlety says a whole different thing - first it has the word "Currency" in it and aside from the implicit icon what is a "Cap" could this mean that there is a cap on how many exist?

so is "Cap Currency" just a Currency {something that has value to me the TV generation} <this is their thoughts<  that is "Capped" {and thus rare}  

you might not fully appreciate the differences - but its in those few seconds that human decides they recognize and understand what something is .

"Bottlecaps"  < instantly descriptive and with a legacy of not high value.

"Cap Currency" <"Currency" instantly descriptive with a legacy of value, "Cap" not instantly recognizable with currency = better equation -

together

"Cap Currency"

= is a Currency that is Capped

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:45:53 PM

You weren't satisfied that I changed it from BOT to CAP already? Smiley

I have washed my hands of this project, mullick has taken the source from me to keep it 100% in house at Cryptsy. Best of luck to the BOT erm, CAPs!
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:53:27 PM

You weren't satisfied that I changed it from BOT to CAP already? Smiley

I have washed my hands of this project, mullick has taken the source from me to keep it 100% in house at Cryptsy. Best of luck to the BOT erm, CAPs!

you were the original Developer - erm, Port from Nova fork ?

that's interesting -

and if so congrats its  nice piece of work , i really mean that .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 04:05:04 PM

Bottlecaps

I'm not going to call it yet but it seems that way i think we need more voters ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:14:46 PM

bump.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:16:45 PM

bump.

Whatever it's called, more gamblers are needed to play with this great currency, thx to John Edegen for his support btw
daggerismo

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:20:35 PM

bottlecaps its right... cap currency sounds like crap currency Roll Eyes

vinne81

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:21:12 PM

Or like gangsta style, gonna bust a cap in yo ass - or is that old skool nowadays in the USA Smiley
daggerismo

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:33:00 PM

Or like gangsta style, gonna bust a cap in yo ass - or is that old skool nowadays in the USA Smiley

what tha...... LOL

coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:35:18 PM

...let me simply explain how i designed the marketing of Caps when i came up with the idea..

Man I'm getting SOO tired of this.  Your excitement was funny at first but it's old now, old.

You didn't DO it, it's not yours, staaahhhhhhhhppppp digitalindustry staaahhhhhhhhppp.

I think the only thing I've seen you post about NBL since CAP was released is a copy of the logo.

Your turning me off of both with your constant striving to get some credit or control of CAPs.

I'm not even going to bother to read what the actual OP is about. In fact most of the time my response has become "oh it's digitalindustry again" and I just unfocus my eyes and scroll on by.

Everyone who cares knows you "thought of it first" you've made damn sure of it. But you've passed the point where you look petty and resentful with this crap.

I also can't stress enough, my developing perspective is that you've completely tossed nibble aside to run around and try to be the boss of CAP.  Is that true, or not?

Let it go man, let it go.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:17:36 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 04:29:47 AM by digitalindustry

...let me simply explain how i designed the marketing of Caps when i came up with the idea..

Man I'm getting SOO tired of this.  Your excitement was funny at first but it's old now, old.

You didn't DO it, it's not yours, staaahhhhhhhhppppp digitalindustry staaahhhhhhhhppp.

I think the only thing I've seen you post about NBL since CAP was released is a copy of the logo.

Your turning me off of both with your constant striving to get some credit or control of CAPs.

I'm not even going to bother to read what the actual OP is about. In fact most of the time my response has become "oh it's digitalindustry again" and I just unfocus my eyes and scroll on by.

Everyone who cares knows you "thought of it first" you've made damn sure of it. But you've passed the point where you look petty and resentful with this crap.

I also can't stress enough, my developing perspective is that you've completely tossed nibble aside to run around and try to be the boss of CAP.  Is that true, or not?

Let it go man, let it go.

Thanks for your feedback friend.

you are obviously a child, so its always hard to deal with children.

I have lots of news coming with nibble , its just that my attention span extends further than some of you poor damaged people.

all that aside....

i couldn't care less where the credit goes from here
i already have the credit - its on the wallet.
I'm actually trying to help.

The credit goes for the Coding too {roughly in this order}:

QuantamMechanic
Sunnyking
Balthazar
Mineral
shakezula

Conception Design and Market is a different thing.

my argument of course was that in an open source environment that relates directly to human confidence , my ideas are at least as important as code, in fact Quantum had such an idea and it was put to code, he may have coded that himself , but it was his conception, without it we would not have PoS.

of course I've just wasted pixels here, but its a good reason enough to bump , also looks like Bottlecaps may have it !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:18:54 AM

Mineral is in there somewhere also Smiley
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:21:56 AM

in the same way that "Caps" sounds like "Craps" ?

i know there is a lot of text up there , but have a read of my side of the argument, at least? 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:24:40 AM

sorry for my ignorance on this aspect - can you link me to Mineral ?

he worked with Sunnyking I guess ?

oh and what am i saying , i was first introduced to PoS , by the first concept by

"Quantammechanic" - so maybe he goes at the top?

Someone should later on do an " In honor" Topic.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
shakezula

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:22:29 AM

Technically Mineral should go right above me, and right under Balthazar. To get more granular, I took NovaCoin and added the diff adjust and merkle/genesis generation from BitGem (the graded bits are in there too). I then tried unfruitfully to patch in some fancy nHeight== stuff but it didn't work the way I'd expected due to nBits and thus, my mistake became the 10 coins per block  instead of a staggered release over ~2K or so blocks. I set the diff up nice and high which compensated though and only premined block 1 and block 2 to bootstrap the network.

To put it to rest once and for all I had NO idea about Fallout whatsoever before hand. That may sound odd, but I don't play games (Ok, I play Words with Friends) and I literally found out the night of release in the Cryptsy chat box. I am the one who chose BOT (after being given the choice by the requestor of the coin, John Eden of CAP or BOT). I picked BOT because I liked it better than CAP and I had no idea about the game.

Finally, my time with BOT/CAP was nothing short of fabulous but alas, it was time for me to turn it over to the Foundation (of which I remain a member in ex officio) for long term support. For me these coins are about "how to do it" and I am off to sort the mysteries of new coins as I type this. Last word: I did not (nor did anyone) profit from the release of BOT and the coin was a gift to the Bottlecaps Foundation from me personally.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:38:15 AM

Technically Mineral should go right above me, and right under Balthazar. To get more granular, I took NovaCoin and added the diff adjust and merkle/genesis generation from BitGem (the graded bits are in there too). I then tried unfruitfully to patch in some fancy nHeight== stuff but it didn't work the way I'd expected due to nBits and thus, my mistake became the 10 coins per block  instead of a staggered release over ~2K or so blocks. I set the diff up nice and high which compensated though and only premined block 1 and block 2 to bootstrap the network.

To put it to rest once and for all I had NO idea about Fallout whatsoever before hand. That may sound odd, but I don't play games (Ok, I play Words with Friends) and I literally found out the night of release in the Cryptsy chat box. I am the one who chose BOT (after being given the choice by the requestor of the coin, John Eden of CAP or BOT). I picked BOT because I liked it better than CAP and I had no idea about the game.

Finally, my time with BOT/CAP was nothing short of fabulous but alas, it was time for me to turn it over to the Foundation (of which I remain a member in ex officio) for long term support. For me these coins are about "how to do it" and I am off to sort the mysteries of new coins as I type this. Last word: I did not (nor did anyone) profit from the release of BOT and the coin was a gift to the Bottlecaps Foundation from me personally.

Let me just say that shake is a very valuable member of this altcoin community. Thanks for the many coins you have contributed on!
shakezula

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:44:59 AM

You're most welcome! I say the same for you, the BottleCaps Foundation, and the Crytpsy team at large: all very valuable (and not to mention congenial) members of our community!  Grin Its a wonderful time to be alive.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:28:18 AM

Let me just say that shake is a very valuable member of this altcoin community. Thanks for the many coins you have contributed on!

Let me say that shake is a very valuable member of humanity , and I hope you are rewarded for this work as I'm sure you will be in the future.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:24:38 AM

hmm the names never seem to go that way?

anyhow its still a great currency !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:50:11 AM

You're most welcome! I say the same for you, the BottleCaps Foundation, and the Crytpsy team at large: all very valuable (and not to mention congenial) members of our community!  Grin Its a wonderful time to be alive.

Yes it is a wonderful time to be a member of the community

Thank you for the gift of CAPS. It great to see a developer with something other than profit on his mind. I look forward to all I will learn from maintaining CAPS and thank you for giving us a solid platform to work off of. The foundation has quite a few plans and are eager to gain feedback from the community.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: