Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIPS, Payment Service Provider (PSP) for Merchants  (Read 75352 times)
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:42:48 PM

BIPS IS A RIP OFF. THEY CHARGE MORE FEES THAN MY NORMAL BANK ACCOUNT WOULD

PRODUCT COST $5k

THROUGH BIPS IT COSTS roughly $5200

200 fee WTF??

My bank transfer charged me $20 they are an embarrassment to BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:28:54 PM

BIPS IS A RIP OFF. THEY CHARGE MORE FEES THAN MY NORMAL BANK ACCOUNT WOULD

PRODUCT COST $5k

THROUGH BIPS IT COSTS roughly $5200

200 fee WTF??

My bank transfer charged me $20 they are an embarrassment to BTC

You missed my earlier warnings, bips is a fraud, they also used to run a wallet and stole all the bitcoins

Bitpay is the only one to use

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:31:20 PM

Although I won't go as far as bitpop I would certainly say "don't use them" as their fees (charged to the *buyer*) are simply ridiculous.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
DiamanteGaroto

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:42:30 PM

WHAT HELL ! Angry Angry

I got a lot of invoices opened without confirmations on BIPS.ME

http://imgur.com/Og5nzgb

3 TICKETS OPENED ON THEIR HELPDESK SINCE 24 HOURS AGO!!!

OKF-220-79798
EOI-273-90817
OYM-951-64613

HURRY MAN!

SOMEONE WITH THIS SAME TROUBLE?
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:13:13 PM

Sorry for necro bumbing this thread, but I feel it is necessary.

The stolen bitcoins are on the move after sitting idle at 1LuG91tcSQxKj32BsCoRkX7yQLfj9LtkCs for 1.5 years:

https://blockchain.info/address/1LuG91tcSQxKj32BsCoRkX7yQLfj9LtkCs

Looks like they are being mixed.
I think all the victims need to know that their stolen coins are being moved.
mstr

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:56:43 PM

Bitcoins will never worth the investment thanks to people like BIPS. They simple waited until we forgot. THis kind of situations defeates the "good intention" and the "faierness" of the Bitcoinds. BIPS a$$%@les. And now our personal information leaked from this forum. The web is not the best place to handle your finance and your personal info lately.
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:02:11 PM

Bitcoins will never worth the investment thanks to people like BIPS. They simple waited until we forgot. THis kind of situations defeates the "good intention" and the "faierness" of the Bitcoinds. BIPS a$$%@les. And now our personal information leaked from this forum. The web is not the best place to handle your finance and your personal info lately.

Interesting that not more people have reacted to this necro bumb.
It seams like in this business, then is 1.5 years enough time to hide away the cash and dig them back up and start spendin.... and all is forgotten. wow.
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:58:29 AM

I have not forgotten

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:38:22 PM

An open letter to Kris Henriksen:

As someone who used to be associated with BIPS and whose reputation has taken a hit as a result of the website's hack, I ask for transparency on behalf of the public and myself. You have provided the public no concrete details about what was exploited nor how access was gained. ~1300 BTC of user funds were taken and not repaid to this day: A tragedy which is hard to stomach given the once sterling reputation of the business. When I left BIPS in the summer of 2013 there were no known security issues and a sizable profit sitting in the wallet. Having handled customer support, I did not see a single security flaw reported up until my departure.

Until you provide technical proof of the hack beyond the address which Bitcoins were sent to I have very serious concerns about what happened. Anyone could have discovered this address using the block chain and I refuse to believe you have no more details than that. Providing the full technical details of this hack to the public may help in apprehending the suspect and give hope to those who have lost coins. As far as I can tell BIPS is long gone and not coming back - there is nothing to lose by releasing information about the hack.

The stolen coins were on the move last summer until the public took note; so whoever took them still has access and in theory could return them. If the hacker has a heart, they will give the Bitcoins back to someone who can give them back to the users. I want nothing to do with the process but I propose BitPay, BitStamp or some other reputable member of the community provide an address which funds can be sent to. My relationship with BIPS officially ended July 2013 and I want nothing to do with it after how things ended.

To the hacker: You will never be able to spend those coins, so why don't you just return them? Any attempts to spend them will result in your identity being revealed and you being caught.

Kris: You owe it to the public to provide every technical detail to the public including the server logs. The missing ~1300 BTC is almost $1 million Canadian today and silence on the issue is unacceptable. The public needs to know I am not okay with this and you should not be either.

Sincerely,
Adam Harding
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:06:15 PM

An open letter to Kris Henriksen:

As someone who used to be associated with BIPS and whose reputation has taken a hit as a result of the website's hack, I ask for transparency on behalf of the public and myself. You have provided the public no concrete details about what was exploited nor how access was gained. ~1300 BTC of user funds were taken and not repaid to this day: A tragedy which is hard to stomach given the once sterling reputation of the business. When I left BIPS in the summer of 2013 there were no known security issues and a sizable profit sitting in the wallet. Having handled customer support, I did not see a single security flaw reported up until my departure.

Until you provide technical proof of the hack beyond the address which Bitcoins were sent to I have very serious concerns about what happened. Anyone could have discovered this address using the block chain and I refuse to believe you have no more details than that. Providing the full technical details of this hack to the public may help in apprehending the suspect and give hope to those who have lost coins. As far as I can tell BIPS is long gone and not coming back - there is nothing to lose by releasing information about the hack.

The stolen coins were on the move last summer until the public took note; so whoever took them still has access and in theory could return them. If the hacker has a heart, they will give the Bitcoins back to someone who can give them back to the users. I want nothing to do with the process but I propose BitPay, BitStamp or some other reputable member of the community provide an address which funds can be sent to. My relationship with BIPS officially ended July 2013 and I want nothing to do with it after how things ended.

To the hacker: You will never be able to spend those coins, so why don't you just return them? Any attempts to spend them will result in your identity being revealed and you being caught.

Kris: You owe it to the public to provide every technical detail to the public including the server logs. The missing ~1300 BTC is almost $1 million Canadian today and silence on the issue is unacceptable. The public needs to know I am not okay with this and you should not be either.

Sincerely,
Adam Harding

I have been amazed for a long time how someone could get away with stealing 1300 BTC so easy and people just forget about just as fast.

BIPS was reorganized into a new company called coinify, Kris was in charge of "technology and security", lol. But looks like he left the company in silence, he is not to be found any where in the industry, so either he got a job at burger king or he retired early.

Last year did coinify got a huge government grand last year to develop "bitcoin technology", it was a lot of money could have covered a huge chunk of the loses. But why should they, it was BIPS he lost the coins not them, this is "new" company.

The funds are already being spend, but slowly, so far is 30 BTC been cashed out:
https://blockchain.info/address/1HpwmCt8LE6uA6gMDowMiYAFjqAa5BNrzg

You cannot just sell 1300 BTC on bitstamp, it would cause you problems, he is selling them slowly over time.

The account "Kris" was stolen hacked during the bitcointalk database hack, don't expect to see this thieve around here again, don't even think he is watching this thread anymore.

Damn sad story, so many broken dreams...
bittenbob

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:51:31 PM

The funds are already being spend, but slowly, so far is 30 BTC been cashed out:

You cannot just sell 1300 BTC on bitstamp, it would cause you problems, he is selling them slowly over time.

Except if you follow the coins to http://blockr.io/address/info/1EWTiEJ9E3vdc3vDh86WQExTRhduDKdmmd you will see that 29 BTC has not moved since that day. I believe the hacker saw the community respond to the moved coins and/or was waiting to see if they could be safely moved. Someone really needs to do a full technical analysis of where these coins have gone and set up alerts if they do move again. I believe the hacker still has access to the funds but is trying to find a way they can get away with it.

BIPS was reorganized into a new company called coinify, Kris was in charge of "technology and security", lol. But looks like he left the company in silence, he is not to be found any where in the industry...

I was not aware of this but will have to look more into the legal details of what happened. If this is the case then Coinify should attempt to do something for the customers of BIPS who lost money.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:01:21 PM

But looks like he left the company in silence, he is not to be found any where in the industry, so either he got a job at burger king or he retired early.

Any ideas on when he left the company? Without saying anything further, I am curious if there is any correlation with the timing of the first transaction on May 13, 2015.

Yes there are all the way around. I cannot describe the impact this experience has had on my well being. I do not like that ~1300 BTC were taken from a product which I promoted and had lent my credibility to. After meeting Kris in person the first time I had a grand mal seizure and have since been diagnosed with epilepsy. I believe the stress from this whole experience has contributed to my seizure disorder and truly wish everyone could get their funds back. It is also why I have remained silent for so long.
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:07:54 PM

But looks like he left the company in silence, he is not to be found any where in the industry, so either he got a job at burger king or he retired early.

Any ideas on when he left the company? Without saying anything further, I am curious if there is any correlation with the timing of the first transaction on May 13, 2015.

Yes there are all the way around. I cannot describe the impact this experience has had on my well being. I do not like that ~1300 BTC were taken from a product which I promoted and had lent my credibility to. After meeting Kris in person the first time I had a grand mal seizure and have since been diagnosed with epilepsy. I believe the stress from this whole experience has contributed to my seizure disorder and truly wish everyone could get their funds back. It is also why I have remained silent for so long.

Last time I checked coinifys staff list was in the summer 2015, kris was there, he is gone now, without a trace.
ejntaylor

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

Long time ago but I still remember.

Can see from Scamalerts posts there are two BTC addresses:

https://blockchain.info/address/1LuG91tcSQxKj32BsCoRkX7yQLfj9LtkCs

Would someone be so kind as to explain a few things to me:

- Do you think these are being monitored by any legal types?
- If so, is this BTC now tainted and cant be used. If so, whats the point of stealing it?
- Is there anything we can do to keep an eye on our stolen BTC?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: