Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell your house for investment in btc.  (Read 9100 times)
Kesecer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:21:27 PM

I think nothing special in selling house. House is a possive. You could turn it to an active. One friend of mine lended house and sold his Lexus in May. He returned it in September and made x2 in dollars. So it depends on you.

Exactly my point. You will be better off making the smallest down payment and then getting a 30 year mortgage and keeping the rest in bitcoin.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Usine

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:21:50 PM

I think nothing special in selling house. House is a possive. You could turn it to an active. One friend of mine lended house and sold his Lexus in May. He returned it in September and made x2 in dollars. So it depends on you.

Exactly my point. You will be better off making the smallest down payment and then getting a 30 year mortgage and keeping the rest in bitcoin.

I know it's old fashioned but I like the idea of just owning it outright from the start.
Renr

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:22:08 PM

I know it's old fashioned but I like the idea of just owning it outright from the start.

Nothing like the security of owning your own place outright. Congrats bro!
Stianyd

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:22:44 PM

I second that. Your Housing is not an investment. Own it bro.
Giric

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:23:07 PM

I halfheartedly disagree. Can you say you really own something when you need to keep paying for it every year?
In OP's case, he'll need to pay at least a thousand dollar a year every year until he sells it, or until it gets repossessed for not paying.
As to whether or not it's an investment, that depends a lot on where his house is. But even with flat property prices for many years, the current low interest rates, and widely predicted upcoming higher interest rates create an arbitrage opportunity, and a mortgage on a primary home is one of the easiest ways to make that play.
Aneelal

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:23:33 PM

I think you're getting a little too philosophical with this one.
General rule of thumb - if it's your problem to fix, you own it.
Legally speaking, you own it when you hold that deed... Unless you get divorced. Then it's going to your cunt whore of an ex wife Fuck you Tammy you lying cheating whore! (I've never been married.)
But even with flat property prices for many years, the current low interest rates, and widely pre
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:35:19 PM

No way I would do that. Though I have been very optimistic about the future of bitcoins, I’d rather invest whatever is a available at my disposal. Nor would I make a loan to invest in cryptocurrency.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:45:16 PM

I grew up really poor but saved a lot of the money I made in high school. I invested 10,000$ into btc when it was at 220 / coin, just sold for 75Gs. Buying a property for me to live in, first one in my family Cheesy
edit: I'll look into paying the dang capital gains tax, jeez.
Edit 2: Also sorry guys the price tanked when I sold Sad

Should have only sold as much as needed for minimal down payment. You will do better holding bitcoin than dumping it into a house.
He already sold everything I guess, but you are right if he just sell some to pay for the down payment and let his bitcoin as it is, he should have a lots of money right now, but he made a mistake and he admit that that's why he said it but its still a good profits for him making some good fortune using this
system.
_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:58:24 PM

If it is only part of your property, then go for it. But if it your ONLY property, don't do it. It is a big risk especially the value of bitcoin is not stable. But if you are willing to take the risk, why not.
Etherlevis128

Activity: 149
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:00:07 PM

I grew up really poor but saved a lot of the money I made in high school. I invested 10,000$ into btc when it was at 220 / coin, just sold for 75Gs. Buying a property for me to live in, first one in my family Cheesy

Should have only sold as much as needed for minimal down payment. You will do better holding bitcoin than dumping it into a house.
That will be risking to another level. The idea of living in the street is scary for me. I will use another strategy may be sell the hose and use small part of the money and invest while the remaining part will be used to get a temporary accommodation.
lucas.zimmer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:03:08 PM

That will be risking to another level. The idea of living in the street is scary for me. I will use another strategy may be sell the hose and use small part of the money and invest while the remaining part will be used to get a temporary accommodation.

I really don't think that is a good idea. First of all we need to learn doing risk management. If you lose everything then what will you do without home?

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:05:27 PM

Just imagine selling your $259,900 house for 43BTC and 2 Months in street.

and after just 2 months sell 43BTC for $498198.

Again buying the previous also you will be in profit of $472298.

would you try this technique.

What will happen if the price of Bitcoin will go down? LOL. Don't make Bitcoin as a gamble of your daily life.

It will turn he’s house into nothing LOL but if the price also goes up then he will rich now. Its funny to imagine but if this man is telling the truth and sell he’s house before he posted this few months ago then he probably become rich by now as the price already goes up and up.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:09:40 PM

Just imagine selling your $259,900 house for 43BTC and 2 Months in street.

and after just 2 months sell 43BTC for $498198.

Again buying the previous also you will be in profit of $472298.

would you try this technique.

Too risky. What if the price bitcoin suddenly burst down. You will live on the streets. Don't gamble away your properties just for the sake of profit. You can lose more than earn more.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:11:15 PM

There would be a risk if we will do this but as we all know everything has a risk that's why there's a chance that this will work (however, what if BTC will go down?). I have a family and I want to make sure their security and I will not risk their lives living in the streets for 2 months. Well, we all have our own way in order for us to earn but for me, this is not a good plan.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:11:57 PM

The idea was great, if you have many property to sell, but risking your whole property especially if that is youronly property, is way too crazy, as what the experts say, sell only spare assets not the whole assets. And you have to consider the exchange rate that is not fixed.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
xhoondilan

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:15:13 PM

For me thats a big risk to make, i just wanted to take bitcoin slow because you dont know the consequences on that technique and you might lost all your profit or your house just for bitcoin, you can have another option then rather than selling your house for btc.
petrov trevor

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:16:22 PM

better to sell these BTC to buy a house no? haha
genesis53

Activity: 522

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:34:40 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 03:11:23 PM by genesis53

It makes sense in some way but selling your only house is very risky and not a wise move. Our house is one of the important and valuable properties we own and all the sentimental value, those great memories and not so good memories are priceless. I would consider other sources but not a house
cherry yu

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:03:29 PM

why should i gumble my properties in order to buy bitcoin. what if bitcoin price will dump i lost my house and money, thats very funny. we use this forum to earn and to have properties not to sell properties.   

Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:10:00 PM

No. Just, no. It's a huge risk, and if it happens to go down, you might as well be doomed. I mean, it's not even a good idea to begin with. Maybe if you have an extra property that is undesirable, then that's probably okay.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: