Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connector names and models  (Read 120 times)
PontusLSE (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:13:58 AM

I need to make my own cables for my coming project, but I have a hard time to find the correct connectors.

Can someone give me part numbers or a link to a manufacturer where I can buy PCI-E 6 & 2 pin connectors?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binting

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:09:56 AM

I need to make my own cables for my coming project, but I have a hard time to find the correct connectors.

Can someone give me part numbers or a link to a manufacturer where I can buy PCI-E 6 & 2 pin connectors?
For me i want to make my own cables to connect to other connector  but its hard to found the connectors

I want to give me some information or link about that connection.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:22:19 AM

that's because its not easy to find the names and model numbers, I know because I make my own for my rigs
took me few months to find the right names, part numbers, comparing this with that, and even made a couple mistakes and ordered shit that was useless to me, someone isn't just going to hand you that list. took those of us that already know how to make those types of cables some time to sources the right information and then find the correct corresponding parts

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
PontusLSE (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:33:01 AM

that's because its not easy to find the names and model numbers, I know because I make my own for my rigs
took me few months to find the right names, part numbers, comparing this with that, and even made a couple mistakes and ordered shit that was useless to me, someone isn't just going to hand you that list. took those of us that already know how to make those types of cables some time to sources the right information and then find the correct corresponding parts
¨

Okay, I had no idea that this was some kind of secret knowledge, I just figured that my google skills was not good enough.

Anyhow. I´ll try to make a public list here whenever I manage to find something, and if anyone else wants to contribute, feel free to do so.

CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:46:35 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 09:58:20 AM by CryptoWatcher420

¨

Okay, I had no idea that this was some kind of secret knowledge, I just figured that my google skills was not good enough.

Anyhow. I´ll try to make a public list here whenever I manage to find something, and if anyone else wants to contribute, feel free to do so.

lol its not that its secret, the info is out there you have just got to find it:D
and like I previously mentioned it took me some time to find all the correct things needed, some of it was trial and error and when I say time it took, it was few months atleast

Ill start it off though, look at molex.com, they are the largest manufacture of these kinds of connectors and there corresponding terminals. eventually youll see why it took some time to make sure everything was correct that was needed, bunch of generic pictures that do repeat often even though the description of what it says was not what the picture they had up there was. oh and trying to find what the 6+2 connector is called ohh well that was fun.............not really:P again tossed me for a curve ball
but after all said and done.

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:06:38 AM

For me i want to make my own cables to connect to other connector  but its hard to found the connectors

I want to give me some information or link about that connection.

for you man! not exactly cheap but that site has all the connectors, terminals and the tool that you need to make pci express cables

https://mainframecustom.com/product-category/cable-sleeving/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: