Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need more BTC forks?  (Read 895 times)
cryptomaster420

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:33:02 AM

Bitcoin cash had a big community even before the fork, so that I understand, but the rest are total scams and I'm sad I miss the right time to dump them

engrawaz

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:14:55 AM

Depends on to whom you direct your question to. Bitcoin core simply upgrades and tweaks bitcoin sometimes with hard forks.
Other forks come from who ever decides to fork bitcoin it is not based on our need, but the people that decide to fork bitcoin, this is the beauty of decentralized and open source world.
Some forks will have its use cases, but most are done by greedy people willing to increase their stash.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:22:26 AM

When it comes to bitcoin forks I can't really complain because its like "free bitcoin dividends." On the other hand, my worry is that having all these bitcoin forks might look shady to new comers in the cryptocurrency scene. Most will probably not understand and see it as a very "fake" way of generating money. I do hope it doesn't negatively affect bitcoin value.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:54:12 PM

I'm holding BTC for long time. I like forks) Easy money from nothing) just bonus for patient)
Forks are not free money, forks are stealing from the value of bitcoin and from the brand, don't you think it is funny that not a single one of the forks has excluded bitcoin from its name, because they know that without that no one will buy their useless coins.
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:55:46 PM

Copies have only strengthened the original so far. You do not have to be more fork. I think he is creating inflation.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:29:33 AM

I think so. We reached an enormous growth because of these btc imitations from forks that drives a lot of people to buy bulks of btc just for the free money. Who doesn't want free money right?
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:56:39 AM

I'm holding BTC for long time. I like forks) Easy money from nothing) just bonus for patient)
Forks are not free money, forks are stealing from the value of bitcoin and from the brand, don't you think it is funny that not a single one of the forks has excluded bitcoin from its name, because they know that without that no one will buy their useless coins.

Yes, everybody is thinking through forks we are getting free money but it is completely wrong and many people want to divert their money into other BTC clones. Even though they are from hard forks but trading in terms of BTC only.
dagon666

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:54:11 AM

I wouldn't mind, why say no to free coins?  especially since they pay the bills.  I just wish I held on to my free BCH now !!
jomarthegreat89

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:56:05 AM

I seriously doubt that another fork or any fork , for that matter would help improve BTC in any way. It needs to improve itself internally and doesn't need to fork.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

I have the opinion that there should not be more forks that occur because I have a fear if too many forks are happening then btc will get more shaky.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1510

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:00:43 PM

We don't need any BTC forks, we need BTC upgrade with consensus. Anybody can fork the chain, even you can choose your own path and fork it. But if nobody follow your path then it won't have any value. People give value to money. That's why most forks are trash already. I don't think Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold can survive longer.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:39:42 PM

We don't need any BTC forks, we need BTC upgrade with consensus. Anybody can fork the chain, even you can choose your own path and fork it. But if nobody follow your path then it won't have any value. People give value to money. That's why most forks are trash already. I don't think Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold can survive longer.

That is what the next segregated witness gonna do. They will increase the block size and number of confirmations will increasew because of this effect. When the block size increase you will find the time to take confirmation will be reduced.
I am not use what is the name of splitting coin. I am eager to know about if. If anyone knows please share about it.
But this effect will be good for bitcoin and everyone will find the big bump in the chart.
neocoinholder01

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:47:41 PM

Maybe... If there are changes in our world where blockchains must be able to be adoptable.. at the moment i think we have got enough forks already and i dont think we need that.
Bessta

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:58:38 PM

I don't see any need for btc forks if only to improve btc. I humbly opine that internal upgrading and improvement is what should be done. I believe btc forks creates clones.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Bessta

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:28:51 AM

I don't see any need for btc forks if only to improve btc. I humbly opine that internal upgrading and improvement is what should be done. I believe btc forks creates clones.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Ward

Activity: 522
Merit: 257

XETHER - BET ON HONESTY !!!

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:06:19 PM

We need less bitcoin forks. When Satoshi made a bitcoin he doesn't think that will be so much chinese forks

▄▄██████████▄▄     
     ▄████████████████▄   
   ▄████████████████████▄ 
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████████████████▄
▐██████████████████████████▌
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████████▀
   ▀████████████████████▀ 
     ▀████████████████▀   
       ▀▀██████████▀▀     

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███  █████▀▀▀██  █  ███
███  ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███  ███
███  ██▀ █████ ▀██  ███
███  ██▄ █████ ▄██  ███
███  ████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
███  █████▄▄▄█████  ███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 ▀███████████████████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slowlii

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:15:49 PM

That is what the next segregated witness gonna do. They will increase the block size and number of confirmations will increasew because of this effect. When the block size increase you will find the time to take confirmation will be reduced.
I am not use what is the name of splitting coin. I am eager to know about if. If anyone knows please share about it.
But this effect will be good for bitcoin and everyone will find the big bump in the chart.

We really don't need more. Besided, bitcoin should be improved by the coders. Getting new forked ones doesn't help the community. They all say lies to us and they don't do anything in bitcoin forks.
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:44:26 PM

Yes, Because I am holding Bitcoin. After each fork I can receive free coins. lol.... but to be honest, I think that there are too many forks now and it does not help anything to original Bitcoin. it can not improve the weaknesses of Bitcoin.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:39:24 PM

Seriously, if we just look at how many hardforks bitcoin will get this month. Will that have a positive or negative impact on bitcoin?

I can imagine, now that bitcoin becomes more and more mainstream, that more forks will follow next year. However does a negative hardfork impact bitcoin in the future?
personally actually i do not really need more fork anymore because it can make the price become unstable. indeed a fork could have made a positive effect but it would still be an early fear.

tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:43:39 PM

These hardforks are needed for price correction and so investors could jump in the bandwagon. And most people who are holding bitcoin would benefit from these hardforks as well and some altcoins too.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: