Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin is the most powerfull in the next 2 year  (Read 1402 times)
mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:47:18 AM

Bitcoin.

Most adopted, most protected against double spending with new ASIC-enforced mining infrastructure.

Maybe PPCoin will rise too, because it is now 3rd widely recognised and PoS makes it resistant to 51% attack.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Fedrico

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:25:08 PM

BitCoin and LiteCoin.
dirtscience

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:28:53 PM

LTC ( litecoin ) in my opinion
cix888

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:11:28 PM

1) Bitcoin
2) Litecoin
3) Primecoin (might even surpass all others)

azenor

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:50:57 PM

BitCoin and LiteCoin (I hope  Cheesy)
SirMintALot

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:15:29 PM

Copper Lark - there is a big chance of becoming one of the major coins.
Could you provide some details why you belive that ...

I've looked around, but there wasn't much english info aviable. It uses a new hash algo, but that's all I found out and just a different algorithm wouldn't make it worth mentioning at all.
There is much progression (from CPU solomining to GPU poolmining in a short time, traded on two exchanges after a very short time) and it's a very profitable coin ATM.

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
SirMintALot

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:36:37 PM

YACoin - probably the most ASIC proof coin. This means you can mine it on CPU or GPU for a very long time. I guess it will be mined by lots of people in the future (because of the rising difficulty of Litecoin and all SHA256 coins), which means it will become interresting for shops and exchanges.
Why should it be interesting for shops, when a lot of people mine it?
Those want to get rid of the coins for money, but you need people that want the coin.
Because people spend their mined coins in cryptocoin shops. I buy stuff from bitcoinpride or bitmit with my mined bitcoins, but when the difficulty gets to high I can't mine a useable amount anymore without buying ASICS (which I won't do, as I never could reach ROI). That's why lots of people are now mining Litecoins instead. But it is too much trouble to mine Litecoins, transfer it to an exchange, trade them for bitcoins, pay a fee for transactions, transfer it back to your wallet just to buy a shirt at bitcoinpride. With the reducing number of bitcoin miners, the number of customers in the shops will go down. That's why more and more shops also accept Litecoins now. And if you are a smart trader then you add Yacoin too, as it will always be mineable on CPU for everyone (GPU mining is a bit nerdish for Yacoin, you have to try a lot to find the right parameters).

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
dualsmp

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:14:53 PM

Bitcoin will probably be the strongest in 2 years, but I'm thinking LTC could start to gain value since there are so many GPU miners out there.
BTCHazeller

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:51:23 PM

I think LTC will be The cryptocoin after BTC, I also have more Litecoin than bitcoin (in fiat money)
Hope Gox will accept it soon!

I also have some namecoins, since I think that's the most promising after BTC and LTC, but what do I know :-)
rigelugh

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:11:44 PM

I think LTC may give BTC a good competition. Whoever wins that may be dethroned by an unknown contender.

We may end up with many different crypto currencies each with a strong enough network of support to outlast our individual lives.

Different cryptos excel in differing areas like anonymity, speed, security, stability, usefulness of "work" etc. We have hardly scraped the surface of possibility.
Shatteredzen

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:33:24 PM

I think Bitcoin will have some ups and downs but it will remain on top, point in case is if you look at alot of the transactions for other virtual currencies it is apparent that people are shuffling their other odd currencies "up" into BTC for holding.

Litecoin is great, I think the best analogy I heard was comparing bitcoins to "gold" and Litecoin to "silver" more volatile, but still valuable.

Feathercoin impresses me but it almost looks like the "wave" of people chasing the next big thing has moved there, upping the difficulty and thereby decreasing rewards.

I'm interested in some of the smaller currencies, it will be interesting to see if any "businesses" create their own currency, the Amazon coin announcement made me think for a second, until it became obvious it was just a token system. A large operation like Amazon could further legitimize the currency model and would have a large enough selection of saleable goods to make it work for the general public.
sd1973

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:54:43 PM

NVC has been a steady riser these past months while most other alt's have been fluctuating wildly, it's my dark horse pick.
St.Bit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:57:03 PM

I'm interested in some of the smaller currencies, it will be interesting to see if any "businesses" create their own currency, the Amazon coin announcement made me think for a second, until it became obvious it was just a token system. A large operation like Amazon could further legitimize the currency model and would have a large enough selection of saleable goods to make it work for the general public.
I really doubt that we will see a coperate crypto at all.

They could easily launch a coupon system, but a crypto currency would need to be defented in an expensive lawsuit. Bitcoin can't be sued just outlawed, but that company would be an easy target. There is no benefits for a company in comparison so why take the huge risks and a guranteed lawsuit. In my jurisdiction they can devalue coupons after 3years and that is a nice additional reward since some people are idiots and forget about them.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:57:36 PM

Bitcoin will be the most powerful I expect.

BTC Long.
Shatteredzen

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

[/quote]
I really doubt that we will see a coperate crypto at all.

They could easily launch a coupon system, but a crypto currency would need to be defented in an expensive lawsuit. Bitcoin can't be sued just outlawed, but that company would be an easy target. There is no benefits for a company in comparison so why take the huge risks and a guranteed lawsuit. In my jurisdiction they can devalue coupons after 3years and that is a nice additional reward since some people are idiots and forget about them.
[/quote]

Good point, I guess part of what is making this whole thing "work" is the distributed nature of the architecture, a single company would incur a ton of liability if the currency "crashed" or was manipulated.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: