Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:52:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in a hosting service? And what would you pay? $0 electricity costs  (Read 1228 times)
LimKopi (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:24:11 PM

I have access to "free" electricity. Living in a dorm, high speed internet campus wide and my dorm is airconditioned 24/7.

Would anyone be interested in a ASIC miner hosted service? No power outages so UPS shouldnt be needed. I'm trying to get a group buy up and I'm planning to charge just 4% of each month's generated volume. Would anyone be interested in having their ASIC miners hosted?

(Currently run a tiny jalapeno on a raspberry pi system)
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:25:37 PM

I have access to "free" electricity. Living in a dorm, high speed internet campus wide and my dorm is airconditioned 24/7.

Would anyone be interested in a hosted service? No power outages so UPS shouldnt be needed. I'm trying to get a group buy up and I'm planning to charge just 4% of each month's generated volume. Would anyone be interested in having their ASIC miners hosted?

You want to host them in your dorms room? This wont last long

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
LimKopi (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:27:48 PM

Would anyone be interested in a hosted service? No power outages so UPS shouldnt be needed. I'm trying to get a group buy up and I'm planning to charge just 4% of each month's generated volume. Would anyone be interested in having their ASIC miners hosted?

You want to host them in your dorms room? This wont last long

Why would you think that?

Obviously I'm not looking at hosting like 40 machines. I think just 5-10 would be managable.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:47:57 PM

You dont even have the electricity to host more than 3-4 machines, let alone cool them, you probably have 1 20amp breaker for the whole room.

Let alone the fact that the machines will probably get a beer bong spilled on them, and will have to be shut down during your vacations...

Just use it for yourself, get a couple LTC mining rigs...
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:35:44 AM

"Hosting" in a dorm room. LOL.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
flipper

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:31:15 AM

Why not setup and use your own rig? You'll be more profitable that way.
daserpent1

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:12:37 PM

The idea isnt bad but i would be worried about you stealing the miner. What guarantees that you wont just steal the miner and be on your merry way.

Since there is no such guarantee, i think i would be better off paying the electricity bills instead of having sleepless nights.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: