Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining Bitcoins Anonymously in The USA  (Read 717 times)
cdog (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:53:19 PM

So I went to buy some cheap $65 BTC yesterday at Bitinstant, as I had done in the past. Sure Im paying a decent fee but its straight cash to BTC. I did this a bunch in the past. Now I see they have a formal ID verification process, like Im applying for a freaking home loan or something. Basically, they fully complied with the feds because it was that or fold up shop. So, you cant buy BTC anonymously through any type of company as a USA resident because they need to comply with FinCEN and AML laws.

So as far as I know, you can only get anonymous bitcoins:

1. Mining (the grinders game - "slow and low, that is the tempo, unless you gots, a jalapeno" [R.I.P Adam Yauch])
2. Person to person $ for BTC transactions (face to face or over the net)
3. Selling products or services for BTC (probably the fastest and most secure way, but you needs good margins/markup on what you sell)
4. Win them gambling (Seals With Clubs etc - this is how I got the bulk of mine)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kamikazee

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:54:17 PM

This is no problem with btc-e.com
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:55:18 PM

I agree.  Off the grid is the only way to go.
cdog (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:57:02 PM

I guess you can buy a prepaid Visa card and send $ to BTC-e that way? I think they sell $500 cards, I hadnt considered that.
Driice

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:57:08 PM

I guess you can buy a prepaid Visa card and send $ to BTC-e that way? I think they sell $500 cards, I hadnt considered that.

Do they still use liqpay? When I tried to use that program on my phone it gave me some error in Russian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: