Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:30:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 GPU Rig issues, please double check my work!  (Read 147 times)
DigitalLemming (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:43:01 AM

I immensely appreciate it if you are reading this. I've started building my first mining rig but am having some weird power occurrences and also issues with all my cards working(the terrible code 12)

Build is as follows

Windows 10 PRO
Asrock H81 Pro BTC
Intel Pentium G3260
2x 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600
2x Rosewill CAPSTONE1000W Connected BY Add2PSU(authentic)
5X Nvidia 1080ti mixed brands
128gb SSD
6-Pack Mining Dedicated Riser USB 3.0 PCI-e Express 1X to 16X Riser Card Extender

I have the power rigged up like so. Both 1000w are connected together by the ADD2PSU. Main powersupply powers the motherboard,cpu,SSD, first two 1080tis and the 2 risers they are connected too. The other 1000w powers the other 1080tis and the 3 risers. Risers are powered buy the sata power and the gpus connected to the PSU. I'm just trying to use nice hash. I have everything running on windows 10.

Power Issues
When shutting down it will kick itself right back up again. I also had the second PSU turned off and when I plugged a PCI into the mother board from one of the GPUS connected to the powered off PSU the whole thing turned on.(This is the last thing I did and I feel it effectively fried the mobo because it will not display or post anymore) Also if the power is unplugged from the GPU's the power it gets from the PCI riser turns the card on.

Detection Issues
In device manager 2 of the 5 cards always says(code 12 not enough resources). I spent almost 12 hours doing all the "fixes". Increasing virtual memory, trying to change Bios setting, updating everything. I tested every card and updated individually so I know the Risers and cards work. This MOBO is supposed to be tuned out the box. Anyways I completely stumped and feel like I've tried everything.

All advice is welcome and assuming I need to replace the MOBO any good experiences you guys have had with other 6gpu boards let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:51:23 AM

I immensely appreciate it if you are reading this. I've started building my first mining rig but am having some weird power occurrences and also issues with all my cards working(the terrible code 12)

Build is as follows

Windows 10 PRO
Asrock H81 Pro BTC
Intel Pentium G3260
2x 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600
2x Rosewill CAPSTONE1000W Connected BY Add2PSU(authentic)
5X Nvidia 1080ti mixed brands
128gb SSD
6-Pack Mining Dedicated Riser USB 3.0 PCI-e Express 1X to 16X Riser Card Extender

I have the power rigged up like so. Both 1000w are connected together by the ADD2PSU. Main powersupply powers the motherboard,cpu,SSD, first two 1080tis and the 2 risers they are connected too. The other 1000w powers the other 1080tis and the 3 risers. Risers are powered buy the sata power and the gpus connected to the PSU. I'm just trying to use nice hash. I have everything running on windows 10.

Power Issues
When shutting down it will kick itself right back up again. I also had the second PSU turned off and when I plugged a PCI into the mother board from one of the GPUS connected to the powered off PSU the whole thing turned on.(This is the last thing I did and I feel it effectively fried the mobo because it will not display or post anymore) Also if the power is unplugged from the GPU's the power it gets from the PCI riser turns the card on.

Detection Issues
In device manager 2 of the 5 cards always says(code 12 not enough resources). I spent almost 12 hours doing all the "fixes". Increasing virtual memory, trying to change Bios setting, updating everything. I tested every card and updated individually so I know the Risers and cards work. This MOBO is supposed to be tuned out the box. Anyways I completely stumped and feel like I've tried everything.

All advice is welcome and assuming I need to replace the MOBO any good experiences you guys have had with other 6gpu boards let me know.

2 psu's is a thing of the past, grab a 2400w server psu and breakout boards from parallel miner website, youll need a pico psu for the mobo/ssd
another thing you said you did everything with the mobo but you did not mention if you set the 4g encodeing to enabled and set pci express to gen 1, not enough resources implies you've got too devices trying to use resources like memory, IRQ's ETC. disable onboard sound and or other non essential devices

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Uchiiha-madara

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:00:17 AM

I am having also a close problem to yours 
I am trying to run 5GPU gtx 1080ti  but 2 of them are having error code 43
I think its a driver related thing and I am running latest NVidia driver  388.43
so I would like to ask you if you have managed to get all 5 cards up and what NVidia drivers are you using
DigitalLemming (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:01:46 AM

another thing you said you did everything with the mobo but you did not mention if you set the 4g encodeing to enabled and set pci express to gen 1, not enough resources implies you've got too devices trying to use resources like memory, IRQ's ETC. disable onboard sound and or other non essential devices

Yeah I didn't want to type out everything I did since it was a ton. Yeah I tried switching to gen 1 and gen 2. The option for 4g encoding is not in the bios since it's supposed to be pre set and ready to go. Basically everything that solved the problems on other motherboards didn't work for this one.

Alright I'll look more into server power supplies. Considering I already have the gear though this can be ran with the 2 1000w correct? Total load is 1650W for everything.

DigitalLemming (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:05:55 AM

I am having also a close problem to yours 
I am trying to run 5GPU gtx 1080ti  but 2 of them are having error code 43
I think its a driver related thing and I am running latest NVidia driver  388.43
so I would like to ask you if you have managed to get all 5 cards up and what NVidia drivers are you using

Hopefully someone will be able to help you. I have gotten all my cards detected in the device manager however 2 of them can not be used. I used the most recent drivers on their website.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:06:27 AM

Yeah I didn't want to type out everything I did since it was a ton. Yeah I tried switching to gen 1 and gen 2. The option for 4g encoding is not in the bios since it's supposed to be pre set and ready to go. Basically everything that solved the problems on other motherboards didn't work for this one.

Alright I'll look more into server power supplies. Considering I already have the gear though this can be ran with the 2 1000w correct? Total load is 1650W for everything.

you could but the issue is the failure point is that adapter that turns on the second psu, all that needs to happen is that fails and the rest of what was plugged into that doesn't turn on and could create problems, the h81 you've got is the rev. 2.0 I assume?
ive got the first revision of the h81 and it works like a charm, I do both amd and NVidia rigs, ive currently got 3 rigs, 2 of them are amd and one is NVidia, rig1 is all sapphire tech rx 480 8gb OC gpus, second is 6x evga gtx 1070 8gb SC and SC2 gpus, third is 6x sapphire tech rx 580 8gb SE's which are on the revision 2.0 of the h81 pro btc mobo but I haven't booted it up yet lol and its been chillin for like a good month with 5x gpus already on it rdy togo while I wait for the 6th

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:13:56 AM

2 of the rigs are using server power supplies and breakout boards, the rx 480 is using an hp 1500w server psu and the NVidia rig is using a 1200w hp server psu, they run great pretty much no issues, run for weeks

DigitalLemming (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:23:44 AM

2 of the rigs are using server power supplies and breakout boards, the rx 480 is using an hp 1500w server psu and the NVidia rig is using a 1200w hp server psu, they run great pretty much no issues, run for weeks

I'm looking into server power supplies now! Yeah I have the Rev 2.0  I bought it because of the great praise they have so it's unfortunate I have had this issue.

Lastly is the way I have the risers powered fine? 3 risers and 3 gpus on one and the rest on the other. Or should all the Risers be powered by the main PSU powering the mobo along with 2 graphics cards and the other 3 graphics cards on the other?  If I had a server psu you power everything with that single power supply?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: