Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Store BTC Wallet Password on KeePass for Droid Phone?  (Read 504 times)
Capitalism Prevails (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:20:52 PM

I'm starting to use KeePass to store my passwords.  I'm also thinking of using the Droid KeePass app for my smartphone.  Is it safe to store my passwords on my smartphone via KeePass?  Don't companies mine all kinds of information from our smartphones?

BTC:  1KX3MSyeHoubjvRMvkc4DXBXvEx9fr9cvV                              Strength In Numbers
LTC:  LaGawfU1ZJu33Lj6CX6NJ5WXWsfjPbLLLW                          In Cryptography We Trust
NMC:  N5EUwGbCNF1AYmZqNu9J7aYJVKxqbJoJG8          Cut Off One Node, Two More Will Take Its Place
orymh

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 09:46:10 PM

You cell phone carrier mining data from your phone is the least of your worries here. They don't care about your Bitcoins. I'd be more concerned about data-stealing malware, which continues to appear in ever-nastier forms for Android devices, or physical loss of the phone. I trust my phone for a lot of things, but not to store important passwords.

If you decide you want to try it, it's important to take steps first to secure your phone. If you haven't already done that, there's a decent Gizmodo article here that will help: http://gizmodo.com/5995254/five-simple-ways-to-keep-your-android-malware+free.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: