Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:19:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell are Crypto kitties?  (Read 29791 times)
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:35:02 PM

Crypto kitties show us that Ethereum needs more imrovements with their speed of transactions. Hope they make it better.
As the first dapps and it gives a lot of the information to another project too and not the only ethereum. to run the dapps with million supporters seems to be a difficult choice. As you can see how many people are interested to play the game in dapps.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:29:10 AM

ahah, still didn't get what is was but made me laugh a lot !!!!

Me too. It's like a PokemonGo craze that is happening. I want to rejoice that crypto is getting popular because of this but it's creating delays and blocking Eth transactions and it affects my tradings so it's gives me frustrations.
ethbringer

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:35:08 AM

This maybe the reason that eth price stand in place while btc growing all the way, VB should make efforts to solve the busy network, otherwise it will be replaced by eos easily

VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:24:22 AM

They finally showed the world how bad ethereum is Cheesy
Kryptowolf512 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:46:26 AM

Ethereum is bad? Compared to bitcoin and other stuff.... Ethereum is right now the king just saying. They had 800k transactions ongoing only on 1 day!!!
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:51:29 AM

Cryptokitties is the game in which unique cats will be generated in the blockchain securely. These unique cats will be sold at a higher price if anybody wants. Recently one cryptokitty sold at $ 114000.

VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:04:52 AM

Ethereum is bad? Compared to bitcoin and other stuff.... Ethereum is right now the king just saying. They had 800k transactions ongoing only on 1 day!!!

still
if they cant serve 1 game, they are not good enough
there are projects who will seek for other platforms

and yes ethereum is bad i am confident about it before the kitties
ok you know what, not good enough is the right term
alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:08:35 AM

I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?

I just heard this. I'm not sure what everyone says about the slow ethereum due to this cat. I think it's the nonsense that everyone talks about.
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:19:32 AM

Yeah god damn game is breaking the Internet. Eh Ethereum network. Vitalik better get his ETH 2.0 up and running real quick. How is it that one ETH game causes everything to become slow and expensive?

And now I know for sure we have a lot of rich young people online. Selling digital cats for 250 ETH? Even now I see the cheapest one is 0.7 ETH. I don't even spend this much money to buy games.

Ok I admit, I am playing the game, but the cost is too much for me so I withdraw. I think.

I couldnt agree any more. This Cat app is too much right now. Transactions in the Eth Network are slow and people are getting agitated.
youdacapt

Activity: 1834
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 10:39:58 AM

Yeah god damn game is breaking the Internet. Eh Ethereum network. Vitalik better get his ETH 2.0 up and running real quick. How is it that one ETH game causes everything to become slow and expensive?

And now I know for sure we have a lot of rich young people online. Selling digital cats for 250 ETH? Even now I see the cheapest one is 0.7 ETH. I don't even spend this much money to buy games.

Ok I admit, I am playing the game, but the cost is too much for me so I withdraw. I think.

I couldnt agree any more. This Cat app is too much right now. Transactions in the Eth Network are slow and people are getting agitated.

There needs to be an increase in the system because this game has been phenomenal, it turns out that many people who want a crypto business in the game and continue their past hobby as a cat lover. Larger things will happen if the eth is connected with pokemon go or mobile legend. The traffic is a problem but I'm sure Vitalic can fix it quickly.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
wixord

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:52:48 AM

crypto kitty project is booming, I am pretty sure many more will follow not sure what happen with ether network if the hype continue on.
JohnJacobA

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

I don't really get that, 250 for a kitty?
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:59:45 AM

I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?
if from as far as I am CryptoKitties is a game developed from blockchain and the first of its kind and very Similar to Tamagochi where you will buy digital kitties to be bred and collected. What sets it apart from traditional pets games is that you can breed two CryptoKitties to create unique cats that can not be imitated, stolen, or destroyed. Because these tradable Kitties can be bought or sold, the ultimate goal is to create a rare cat species that will be valuable and on demand that you can sell for a higher price. This creates a hype for many people because of its effective marketing campaign, because its first game is made from crypto technology, many people support it because it is good and many gamers play it
JLCoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:19:24 AM

its a game where you buy kitties and then you can breed and sell them

https://www.cryptokitties.co/
So and how do I start there? Do I need to pay something?

idk but you need to sign up for sure

Yes, you pay ether for them. You can either buy two to start breeding, or you can buy one and then pay less than it would cost to buy a cat to have someone else's cat breed with yours and you get the baby. Parents cannot breed with babies. Then, you can either sell it or keep it to breed with another one. Different generations have different ether values, as do cats with rarer qualities. The generations start at zero '0'. Two zero cats would have a gen 1 baby. Two gen 1's would have a gen 2, and so on. You can breed between generations, but it lowers the value of your kitten, because it will be a lower gen cat.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:23:36 AM

Cryptokitties are blockin the blockchain of ethereum. And i wonder why this is not effecting to ethereum price.
too many transactions on blockchain but price is not rising. this is really weired.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:25:43 AM

Had a look and have to say kind of addicted now to breeding these cats and trying to get the right trait, the rarer the better Smiley
This is a good test for the network and shows that it cannot cope with this level of transactions, hopefully this will prompt the next generation of ETH.
JHED1221

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:32:47 AM

Cyptokitties are breeding game many people addicted to it they said it eay to earn money by breeding the cats and sell the other one but the rarer the better. Some people said CryptoKitties is the problem of slow transaction in eth so you need to higher you gas

5b0f36bf3df41
cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:37:36 AM

Its a game that ethereum released yesterday its a D-app game which you are required to buy kitties to breed which costs a lot of ETH i heard it was 246ETH.

Tryam93

Activity: 532
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:03:14 PM

This should soon be over! Too much time was spent on the entire network of detachment so that it was abandoned so simply! I think weeks 2 kittens will live a maximum!
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:12:54 PM

I have no clue what it is, but I am 100% sure it is the reason why the Ethereum network is bery slow at the moment. I need to pay 50 Gwei in order to have a normal speed transaction. Even with that Etherdelta is giving errors.

You are right, this game devours 15% of the ether network, and already as the second day the ether network got up. I can not imagine if we allow several such projects to be launched simultaneously, we will bury the ether forever.

Mean the project make etherium very slow? Oh my good. 50 gwei? Such bad idea to increase become 50 gwei.
I think this happen in last 3 days. It happen to my transaction in etherdelta and in myetherwallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: