Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell are Crypto kitties?  (Read 29789 times)
astridplomp

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:43:06 AM

cryptokitties is messing with our ethereum platform recently, developers of this game created digital cats online based on ERC20 and sell them to us to make profit, this is a great idea but this game is slowing the platform down, makes more delay transactions.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:03:52 AM

They're the reason the ethereum network is becoming as slow and expensive as the bitcoin network right now.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:52:47 AM

This is some crazy, because of these crypto-kittens is slowed by erc20! What's happening? Why this?)

Actually, the system getting back to normal as they find ways to fix unlike previous days which the cause slowing the system. Crypto kitties is a cartoon kittens as unique digital Pokemon cards. This kitties' has unique features having DNA can lead to four billion possible genetic variations.The price of cryptoKitty is approximately $23.06 (£17.19), according to Crypto Kitty Sales. This kind of game can earn while you playing and many features that makes everyone of us enjoy and comfortable to use.
Thanks for your reply! I hope with erc20 everything will be fine, I will try to buy a pair of cats for breeding!)
Chippica

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:42:20 AM

Is there some link where I can get more info about this game? I am not referring to there official site(I read that already) but some game tips from people that are already playing.
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:24:52 PM

I am also not sure what they are, except they are collectibles which you can breed to get more beautiful or more expencive. But what I want to say I strongly beleive that not strangers really bought kitties for 250 eth or so, owners did it to attract more people and big ethereum ammounts

Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:38:38 PM

I've noticed a lot of anger, frustration, and confusion towards CryptoKitties in the daily thread over the last few days (along with plenty of joy, wonder, and excitement).

For those who don't understand and/or lack the imagination, pretend for a moment that the ERC 721 tokens which represent all the individual kitties on the blockchain didn't represent cats at all. Imagine, instead, that they represented:

loot items in World of Warcraft
rare cards in online collectible card games
plots of land in Arizona
corporate stocks from Fortune 100 companies that trade on NASDAQ or the NYSE
Does that make more sense to you now? People aren't necessarily excited about the actual cats themselves, they're excited by the endless possibilties that this demonstrates.

Go look at the online marketplace they've created. Look at the user interface. Fire up your imagination and envision a world where 'digital drawings of cats' are just one of the many, many, MANY assets being traded in the Ethereum eco-system.

THIS is precisely what gives Ether its value: the ability to create, tokenize, and trade things on the blockchain. And this is the reason that CryptoKitties was deployed to the Ethereum blockchain and NOWHERE ELSE -- not Bitcoin, not Dash, not ETC (lol ETC). If you're mad about CryptoKitties, you're missing the whole point -- this isn't a distraction from the price, this is exactly the reason that ETH rose 5000% over the past year.

Yes, it's silly and it's goofy, but it's a proof of concept. It demonstrates to the world what is currently possible, RIGHT NOW, in the Ethereum eco-system. ETHEREUM, and nowhere else. It's not about the cats, it's about the future potential of the whole protocol.

Though the Game is not very interesting to play but profitable to play, we all cannot take away the rights of everybody to be angry at that game. For which traders are affected in a worst way. Their transaction is very slow and it demands a large amount of GWEI to process normally. So in the side of traders they cannot enjoy the trades as of now, because of CryptoKitties clogging the system due to its transaction. Though they are expressing frustrations, anger, and confusion, bear with them because they can only express their feelings through posting and showing anger towards that game. So in short, I agree that hte game brings important things to ETH and boosting the value, but it also creates problems for the traders for now. But the management of ETH is fixing it now, so i guess everything will be back to normal soon.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:48:11 PM

Is this mania at least slowing down or its picking more momentum? Cant understand how can they reach such a high value.

Chippica

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:00:08 PM

I am also not sure what they are, except they are collectibles which you can breed to get more beautiful or more expencive. But what I want to say I strongly beleive that not strangers really bought kitties for 250 eth or so, owners did it to attract more people and big ethereum ammounts

I really doubt that is the case, maybe in some cases cause every transaction needs to be payed so in that way they lose money
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:05:37 PM

I have heard that it is a viral game, causing the eth network to clog, at the same time I think that no game should be able to congest a serious project like etherum on this scale.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:08:08 PM

Is this mania at least slowing down or its picking more momentum? Cant understand how can they reach such a high value.
This cryptokitties is the reason's why eth network become congested. Imagine before we can start a transactions we need to set more gwei than the normal transactions. Im also wondering that it become huge value, hope they can resolve this issues to normal transactions.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:14:11 PM

I have heard that it is a viral game, causing the eth network to clog, at the same time I think that no game should be able to congest a serious project like etherum on this scale.
[/quote

It's very surprising to me that a small little game like this can really "kill" 1/5th of the whole network.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:15:30 PM

For two days this topic became very popular and received about 15 thousand views. It's funny. Cats got in to the world of crypto currency))) I think soon this project will also be quickly forgotten by community. Or maybe we should create a Kittiecoin?)))

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:21:03 PM

I've noticed a lot of anger, frustration, and confusion towards CryptoKitties in the daily thread over the last few days (along with plenty of joy, wonder, and excitement).

For those who don't understand and/or lack the imagination, pretend for a moment that the ERC 721 tokens which represent all the individual kitties on the blockchain didn't represent cats at all. Imagine, instead, that they represented:

loot items in World of Warcraft
rare cards in online collectible card games
plots of land in Arizona
corporate stocks from Fortune 100 companies that trade on NASDAQ or the NYSE
Does that make more sense to you now? People aren't necessarily excited about the actual cats themselves, they're excited by the endless possibilties that this demonstrates.

Go look at the online marketplace they've created. Look at the user interface. Fire up your imagination and envision a world where 'digital drawings of cats' are just one of the many, many, MANY assets being traded in the Ethereum eco-system.

THIS is precisely what gives Ether its value: the ability to create, tokenize, and trade things on the blockchain. And this is the reason that CryptoKitties was deployed to the Ethereum blockchain and NOWHERE ELSE -- not Bitcoin, not Dash, not ETC (lol ETC). If you're mad about CryptoKitties, you're missing the whole point -- this isn't a distraction from the price, this is exactly the reason that ETH rose 5000% over the past year.

Yes, it's silly and it's goofy, but it's a proof of concept. It demonstrates to the world what is currently possible, RIGHT NOW, in the Ethereum eco-system. ETHEREUM, and nowhere else. It's not about the cats, it's about the future potential of the whole protocol.

Great post, I think this sums it all  up nicely..

I too, at first, was kinda mad, wondering what this silly thing was that's clogging up the network and stuffing up my trades.
After doing some research and hearing that people are making literally thousands in Ether off these things, my curiosity got the better of me and I had to find out what it was all about. I've now been glued to the Kitties for the last 2 days and must say, its actually really cute and addictive.

It has also been a great way to introduce Ethereum to my teenage stepkids. They've been helping me buy and sell Kitties all afternoon so it gave me a good chance to teach them about how the Ether wallet works and how to set the gas price etc. I think this is great for introducing crypto to new people who would otherwise feel daunted by it.

Anyway, I'm almost ashamed to say that I've spent 0.2 ETH today on digital kitties but I'm trying my luck at breeding some good ones..
We'll see how it goes  Cheesy Wink

Also...

Is there some link where I can get more info about this game? I am not referring to there official site(I read that already) but some game tips from people that are already playing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoKitties/
https://cryptokittydex.com/

cryptojanne

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:29:59 PM

How does one get the first kitten? Dont everyone start with one? Do i need to buy one? Sad
brelok777

Activity: 160

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:31:08 PM

Crypto-seals are crazy for the etherium network. They have already brought up the etherium network and continue to do so. Someone naturally earns on this. And I think that if this happens, it means that someone needs it.

Chippica

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:38:41 PM

How does one get the first kitten? Dont everyone start with one? Do i need to buy one? Sad

If you want to buy a kitty you have to install MetaMask first and than create an account at CryptoKitties. Of course you will need ETH to buy kitty, you will need it also for every other transaction. 

You can try to start with one kitty but they recommend to start with two so you can  breed them.
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:42:20 PM

Yes that's a game crypto kitties that's what I read in a google news last week and I really curious of how does it work in bitcoin. and if it is available in android device that we can easy use it.

Chippica

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:46:05 PM

Yes that's a game crypto kitties that's what I read in a google news last week and I really curious of how does it work in bitcoin. and if it is available in android device that we can easy use it.

I red somewhere it is not available for android or IOS
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:56:39 PM

I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?
I have no clue what it is, but I am 100% sure it is the reason why the Ethereum network is bery slow at the moment. I need to pay 50 Gwei in order to have a normal speed transaction. Even with that Etherdelta is giving errors.

You are right, this game devours 15% of the ether network, and already as the second day the ether network got up. I can not imagine if we allow several such projects to be launched simultaneously, we will bury the ether forever.
I think this crypto kitties reveal one of the weakness of ethereum network.  More of this kind will make the value of ethereum lower and worst may become zero.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

Crypto kitties is the world first blockchain games. In the game you collect and trade kitties I am really skeptical about the game as is ask you for your ethereum private keys
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: