Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize scam  (Read 3157 times)
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:43:44 PM

lot of airdrop was a scam. the project always without a motive and has no whitepaper to read.. sometimes it was to good to be true with what they said about the token. using a new brand account also look cannot be trust.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:48:14 PM

lot of airdrop was a scam. the project always without a motive and has no whitepaper to read.. sometimes it was to good to be true with what they said about the token. using a new brand account also look cannot be trust.
Yes there are many airdrops and many scam to attract investors. In these you have to be good about it in searching the good ones. Also with ico check the feedback about their project if good or not.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:08:00 PM

Just like in airdrop for example, If i want to join the air drop , Ill make sure to read all detail about airdrop, and check the project manager, I preferred to join if campaign manager are in high rank mode or else if he or she falls to newbie or jr member, it makes me bother an ask question about, Does the campaign manager is reliable,? If there i find answers to my queries then ill go on:)
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:27:23 PM

How to recognize a scam site is to pay attention to the offer of a bid site given the intent of the reason or not, how the system works whether clear and logical, and lastly how long the site was standing.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:17:14 PM

Yes there are many airdrops and many scam to attract investors. In these you have to be good about it in searching the good ones. Also with ico check the feedback about their project if good or not.

I agree. You have to be very attentive
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:20:26 PM

You can recognize a scam by carefully reading if there are reports about it having an unusual behavior. If a website doesnt have a ( https:/ ) in front, before the actual name of the website, it might be a phishing scam.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:51:51 PM

You can recognize a scam by carefully reading if there are reports about it having an unusual behavior. If a website doesnt have a ( https:/ ) in front, before the actual name of the website, it might be a phishing scam.
Really? Interesting to know! Why so?
cutiepieangel

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:57:36 PM

Additional, a promise high return of investment. this is so ridiculous so many dumb person will risk their money in promise to give them a higher return of investment.
Golubhargava

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:08:33 PM

Additional, a promise high return of investment. this is so ridiculous so many dumb person will risk their money in promise to give them a higher return of investment.
Really interesting to why so.
canadiancrypto

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:19:53 PM

Well they're pretty easy to discover. No team, bad spelling, bad marketing, no SEO, fake followers, fake attention, nobody has heard about them, no whitepaper, bad response rate, bad reputation on other forums, known scammers running, etc.
learner 7

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:33:31 PM

Well they're pretty easy to discover. No team, bad spelling, bad marketing, no SEO, fake followers, fake attention, nobody has heard about them, no whitepaper, bad response rate, bad reputation on other forums, known scammers running, etc.
I think with time people will pay more attention to these items that you wrote ...
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:42:17 PM

i dont think scam projects are easy to be recognized nowadays, new ICOs recently has been so easy to be done and easy to get pass the eyes of investors no matter how good investors, we can only see them very few through unusual in their whitepaper and their roadmap, they may not taking care anything about their ICOs or always delay at everything, but these are just small parts of a scam ICO, there are many things that we can not find out which one is scam.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Lama_in_da_house

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

I think with time people will pay more attention to these items that you wrote ...

They already should actually
yadwoa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:47:02 PM

If team members find it hard to explain concept of the project ,then it gives me a red flag that something fishy about the project. Most important if your questions are not answered , then I start to think of scam.
X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:48:56 PM

Scams in ICO are quite hard to detect. I think it needs a lot of years and or experience to consider a project as a scam. Even more so, this does not guarantee that you'd be an expert right away.  Whether you have tons of experience and awareness of how to detect scam, you would still have to based it on research, the consensus of others, and your gut feel.  Researching by asking questions to find out more about an ICO helps a lot and equally helpful is if you are getting responses fromthe project teamabout it.  There is the question still of whether they are truthful with their responses so again, this is where seeking other's feedback comes in handy.  After which, you then use your gut feel and sound judgment to rule it out as scam or not.  After all, it's your money on the line.

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:04:18 PM

Well, I can't say that those you've given signs are correct but yes that might be a helpful one indeed. I read some ICO on their ANN threads, websites and really for the composition of the team but I am merely on teams because some of it can be faked so easily but I am deeply researching every details they have just like webinars or discussion because it turns out that is true. But on the other hand I read some successful ICO's too even though they are not showy on public but have good concepts yet still they make it and still running. Deep research really is a must and reading some reviews and articles.
Smpdytz

Activity: 122
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:07:17 PM

Yes many of airdrops are scam and its very difficult to find whether it scam or not so never give your private key in MEW .and also be careful when you buying an ico before invest in ico read their whitepaper and watch the reviews of experienced crypto investors
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:58:41 AM

I only think that if something is too good to be true then it smells kinda fishy. When they promise too much and it's all on their mouth, but not with actions, well you might consider that a scam.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:28:32 AM

I only think that if something is too good to be true then it smells kinda fishy. When they promise too much and it's all on their mouth, but not with actions, well you might consider that a scam.

agree =)
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:43:33 AM

All your points are definitely valid.

I would add an additional one, the one raised by Cialdini in his book on manipulation. He stated something like this (I don't have the exact quote available): you know, it is really hard to tell if someone is taking advantage of you or not. But there is something common in all the situations like this. It is a gut feeling that you are manipulated to do something you don't want to and you can feel it as a tightness in your gut.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: