Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to take it slow  (Read 975 times)
Frozenlock (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:37:58 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2011, 05:54:08 PM by Frozenlock

I believe most tech savvy people tech savvy people (and willing to care) have now heard about Bitcoin. Some don't like it, others have made religion out of it.  Wink

Now the focus should be on making the usage of Bitcoin easier and safer (Kudos to those who are doing this right now). This stage is even more important than the chicken/egg problem between buyers and sellers. If it doesn't work for the average Joe, neither will use it.

We have one shot at this.
If the common man get burned right now, simply to drive prices up, that's it - good game guys, see you never.
So, for those who wants to make national tv ads and other big events, please think about it twice. What would be the reaction of the common man hearing about Bitcoin, but then finding himself unable to get some? Worse, what if he succeed in getting some Bitcoins, but then they are stolen or he loses them?

Full disclosure: I have an important investment in Bitcoin. It saddens me to see the price drops, but to kill the project only for a pump and dump scheme would crush my soul.

Edit: corrected  Wink
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:43:36 PM

I believe most tech savvy people have now heard about Bitcoin. Some don't like it, others have made religion out of it.  Wink

Now the focus should be on making the usage of Bitcoin easier and safer (Kudos to those who are doing this right now). This stage is even more important than the chicken/egg problem between buyers and sellers. If it doesn't work for the average Joe, neither will use it.

We have one shot at this.
If the common man get burned right now, simply to drive prices up, that's it - good game guys, see you never.
So, for those who wants to make national tv ads and other big events, please think about it twice. What would be the reaction of the common man hearing about Bitcoin, but then finding himself unable to get some? Worse, what if he succeed in getting some Bitcoins, but then they are stolen or he loses them?

Full disclosure: I have an important investment in Bitcoin. It saddens me to see the price drops, but to kill the project only for a pump and dump scheme would crush my soul.
I don't think everybody knows about it, I think your dead wrong. I have talked to about 4 "tech savvy" people who don't know what it is, and honesty don't CARE to know. Not all tech savvy people are above the kool-aid.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:43:36 PM

I believe most tech savvy people have now heard about Bitcoin. Some don't like it, others have made religion out of it.  Wink

I doubt that. Out of all the "tech savvy people" i personally know, i have talked to a handful about bitcoins. None of them had heard about them before. None are using them right now.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:50:08 PM

You know, that tech savy ppl`s are WORKING. They are to BUSY. In most cases they know about some things, LATER than mainstream office plankton.

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:07:11 PM

You know, that tech savy ppl`s are WORKING. They are to BUSY. In most cases they know about some things, LATER than mainstream office plankton.

I agree, I have asked some of the IT people I know about it in casual conversation. Only one had an idea of what I was talking about. I don't think bitcoin has really commanded the spotlight yet, even with the online stories. Most people filter that out, inundated with information in general. It will only 'break through' if it pops up in mainstream media, and by that I mean actual printed articles and tv segments.

Guess we'll find out, we are still barely out of the woods here...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: