Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:25:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh great, another coin  (Read 608 times)
tddk (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:36:58 PM

I have a suggestion for a coin, but as i am not a programmer i need advice.

Basically its a ppcoin clone with a few differences.

1. The program should have a built-in voting protocol (one coin, one vote) so that you could split the coin like when companies split a stock. That is, when the value of the coin rises (hopefully) you could vote for a split to better enable small transactions. As i understand bitcoin, and bitcoin-like protocols the smallest transaction possible is fixed which i think is stupid as none of us can imagine how small transactions will be needed in the future.

2. Perhaps i havent understood the "proof of burn" principle, but would it be possible to demand the burning of one coin to unlock the wallet. Im sure we all worry a bit about wallet-stealing software but dont these programs simply try millions of combinations precisely because its free. If each guess cost one coin wouldnt that make it far more secure.

3. Is it possible to have the program come with a built-in i2p-router for better anonymity?

English is my second langauge so please forgive grammatical clumsiness.
Love to hear your thoughts.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:39:03 PM

We don't need 5 new coins a day sorry.
It is easy to clone a coin, and you can find easily some people interested, but I can't see any future for that Sad

bitcoin-ben

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:40:01 PM

Agreed, if we could get rid of some of the alt coins that already exist instead of making new ones then... you'd have my attention  Grin
ArthurBitcoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:43:31 PM

bitcoin is the first and best, the rest are noise at best, or pump and dumps at worst

...imho ...without doing any research at all   Grin
(just working on 5 posts! )
jasperIL2267

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:32:37 AM

I hate all these new coins emerging.
subvolatill

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:33:57 AM

I hate all these new coins emerging.
not only you hate them
morapick013

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:40:30 AM

So...Many...Coins.
villanfonsDC

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:12:01 AM

Boo I hate alt coins Sad
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:06:26 AM

Yeah just let us know early so we can pump and dump your crappy coin  Wink

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:08:43 AM

altcoins aint so bad. once you weave through all the fud, you can see the promise that some of these coins offer.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
dubiousfrog

Activity: 181

optical illusion

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:29:57 AM

for #2 you could easily just implement a system which slows down the brute-force attempts by disabling unlocking the wallet for 10 minutes after x amount of failed attempts?

Also more coins is a good thing IMO. Encourage experimentation, because the bitcoin of the future has yet to be invented -- and could be much better, case in point: Litecoin which is very promising indeed.

namu amida butsu
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:34:50 AM

for #2 you could easily just implement a system which slows down the brute-force attempts by disabling unlocking the wallet for 10 minutes after x amount of failed attempts?

Also more coins is a good thing IMO. Encourage experimentation, because the bitcoin of the future has yet to be invented -- and could be much better, case in point: Litecoin which is very promising indeed.

i encourage you to visit the alternate cryptocurrencies section often. their are far more advanced offerings available than Litecoin. You need to learn about proof of stake coins, as well as the inner workings of some new alts that have experimented with the parameters of the system for various end results. Also, you need to check out Primecoin, it just released a few days ago. Instead of using a normal algorithm it performs the scientific function of computing prime numbers to produce blocks, its revolutionary and the developer also created the Proof Of Stake system. I encourage you to continue to read and try to glean as much as you can. Several of the current altcoins will replace Litecoin and Bitcoin eventually, whether its in 6th months or 10 years.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
tddk (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:38:08 AM

But if you had malware on your pc wouldnt that mean that your wallet would be locked all the time as the virus would simply keep trying?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:39:15 AM

oh great, another coin.

bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:08:02 AM

altcoins aint so bad. once you weave through all the fud, you can see the promise that some of these coins offer.

Which is?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: