Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Forks really good for BTC ?  (Read 764 times)
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

Don't think to much for your own.
Let's make a discussion out of the box.

When there is a new fork people are so exiting because in this way they can split their BTC with a new Crypto.
Very lucky for you buddy!

BUT, is it really worth for the community? Or is it another way to speculate and try to gain extra money ?

I mean Bitcoin ha seriously issue and everyone know about it. You guess it: scalability, fees to hight, ect

Could the new forks really solve the issue?
Because if everyone see them as free-money it's definitely not worth it and BTC remain with its problems

What do you think ?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:30:34 AM

In my opinion no, i think the developer of new forked bitcoin just want to make profit, some of them have like a ton of pre minned coin and want to dump it as soon as possible. Cheaper fee faster transaction just a fake reason too.
And now almost every body that have little knowledge about blockchain tech can make their own version of bitcoin

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:44:54 AM

I don't think btc fork can affect btc in any way. Forking btc means they are creating a entire new altcoin and I don't think the creation of a new altcoin will affect bitcoin in any way. The developers  fork bitcoin to make a coin which has  better features than bitcoin with less transaction fees, faster confirmation etc. But I think all these forked coins are less decentralized than bitcoin because these forked coins have got a team behind it. 
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:56:32 AM

In my opinion no, i think the developer of new forked bitcoin just want to make profit, some of them have like a ton of pre minned coin and want to dump it as soon as possible. Cheaper fee faster transaction just a fake reason too.
And now almost every body that have little knowledge about blockchain tech can make their own version of bitcoin
At the moment the hard forks haven't had anything to improve of the existing foundation that Bitcoin has layed out, so I would agree that as of now there hasn't been any worthy forks. But, this can change and I'm all for improving on Bitcoin. Bitcoin has certain limitations which will need to be fixed, whether that's through soft forks or hard forks remains to be seen.

Both affect Bitcoin directly and indirectly. Hard forks tend to create a false hype around Bitcoin because of the 'free' coins that people are promised.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:57:02 AM

I really hate the "free-money" consept of every fork.
You have 1 bitcoin in your wallet that supports the fork and after the fork you have 1 bitcoin + 1 bitcoin s*it and the forked bitcoin has some value.You didn`t bought that altcoin,maybe you don`t want to own it,but there you go,it`s a like a gift.It`s like someone ,who owns a printing machine for fake dollars,gives you 1000 fake US dollars as a dift,just like that.You can sell the fake dollars for real dollars,but is this the right thing to do?

bear100

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:01:02 PM

I think in some point of view hardforks are good for Bitcoin. Because they show how stable Bitcoin is and how powerful its community. This might help Bitcoin to become legal in any country - great support.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:06:23 PM

All previous hard-forks spread fear in the community, which impacts the community negatively. But that isn't necessary dangerous to Bitcoin itself, the real danger is the switching of miners to different forks. This causes a lot of delayed transactions and extremely high fees, which makes the coin really unattractive for micro-payments. Also the attacks of fork's fans to the Bitcoin network slows the network down.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:07:28 PM

the forks that you see these days are not doing anything. all of them have been to make more money so far. i am nearly convinced that at least a couple of these forks have some whales behind them.
imagine you have at least a couple of hundred bitcoin. each fork gives you the same amount in that new token you created. selling each gives you a lot of profit, pumping each will also give you another huge profit. after a couple of pump and dumps you drop the project entirely and move on.
rinse and repeat and become a multi billionaire in a couple of years.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:11:05 PM

Yes, likely, so we can see some challengers who wants to dethrone BTC. If they're point is right. And no, because it's becoming like politics, where someone wants to get control of BTC instead of being one with the community.

francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

Forks are trying to make BTC to lower its value but they never succeeded BTC still making it to the moon.

Because of this Forks whales are becoming more richer because they are the only benefiting alot when Forks are coming. They make BTC dump so that they can buy more BTC and have new btc** coin.

bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:45:40 PM

I guess it will benefit bitcoin.
Because people will buy bitcoin to earn profit from the fork,
So this will affect the growth of bitcoin in marketcap.

MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:46:29 PM

the forks surely good to people holds the bitcoin in there wallets , so it's an easy incoming money .. and i see it's not have a direct effect in bitcoin . so it's good to all .
coinfirst

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:54:16 PM

If the fork can solve a problem, that may be worth to try.
lionelho

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:56:28 PM

We thought it's bad, however, looking at the price, we really find nothing bad now...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:58:55 PM

Don't think to much for your own.
Let's make a discussion out of the box.

When there is a new fork people are so exiting because in this way they can split their BTC with a new Crypto.
Very lucky for you buddy!

BUT, is it really worth for the community? Or is it another way to speculate and try to gain extra money ?

I mean Bitcoin ha seriously issue and everyone know about it. You guess it: scalability, fees to hight, ect

Could the new forks really solve the issue?
Because if everyone see them as free-money it's definitely not worth it and BTC remain with its problems

What do you think ?

The people who are promoting the forks will give enough reasons to support their position on the issue of solving problems, its not anywhere close because a lot of them claim to solve one problem or the other where the 4 coming out before January, are still looking to solve more problems and many more to come after that. I had mentioned that if everything is about problem I wonder how bitcoin had survived up to this moment that the problem didn't not even kill it from within.

Aside from the extra bucks its going to create to the pocket of people who had own some before the fork, I see no additional benefit they are bringing to the table. Every speculative news we have heard about adoption or ban of crypto currency, has always been about bitcoin and not the other versions. Which problem do they then to solve if not create more confusion for the community.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:00:44 PM

I think in some point of view hardforks are good for Bitcoin. Because they show how stable Bitcoin is and how powerful its community. This might help Bitcoin to become legal in any country - great support.
it is not stable in terms of its price, fees, transaction speed and users, bitcoin is not stable at all, what's the smooth stability for this coin is the popularity, on price increase and it's throne from being number one cryptocurrency of all time.

the forks surely good to people holds the bitcoin in there wallets , so it's an easy incoming money .. and i see it's not have a direct effect in bitcoin . so it's good to all .
But BCH did some direct minimal damage to its price last month, that time some folks and small-time whales are switching to BCH but unfortunately it didn't last and turns out to be a dump and FUD it really triggers bitcoin to go for 10k plus, the rest are just free coins or free money.
Vastraint

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:04:13 PM

the forks that you see these days are not doing anything. all of them have been to make more money so far. i am nearly convinced that at least a couple of these forks have some whales behind them.
imagine you have at least a couple of hundred bitcoin. each fork gives you the same amount in that new token you created. selling each gives you a lot of profit, pumping each will also give you another huge profit. after a couple of pump and dumps you drop the project entirely and move on.
rinse and repeat and become a multi billionaire in a couple of years.

Well I guess what you said is the benefit of forks, through us just being smart can get a huge profit on it. And I also agree that some whales are behind them to make profit. But at least we still can benefit a little bit on forks through receiving free of them, and I can see it as an opportunity that we shouldn't miss. And maybe, this upcoming fork is different than before, so let's see.  Smiley

Happy Miner

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:08:00 PM

Most forks die in a couple of years, they already have little influence on bitcoins. If the first forks could still affect the value, then the subsequent could not change the value of bitcoin.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:09:36 PM

If you're an alt coiner that is unhappy with BTC but don't want to invest additional money it's a godsend. You now potentially have an alt that does everything you were missing from BTC without spending a single Satoshi.

Current hardforks being mostly pump-and-dump schemes without bringing anything new to the table is a negative, of course, but I don't see much harm done as long as the community stays clear of them for the most part. The crypto community has survived so many "investment" schemes that it really doesn't matter anymore. Just be careful out there.

In the end I still think that any real innovation will either become part of the core implementation or as part of a wholly new alt altogether. I don't see much input coming from hardforks unfortunately, but that might change in the future.
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:14:51 PM

These recent forks are nothing but a quick way to make money. They are no different from pump and dump altcoins. They might say they are trying to solve issues, but they want to make money first and foremost.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: