Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:04:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin/VTC - Do i store in Legacy or Segwit Wallet ??  (Read 200 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:50:43 AM

Hi

I want to transfer my VTC to my ledger but unsure whether to store it in Legacy or Segwit ??

All my BTC is in Segwit.

Anyone commect on this ??

Cheers
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:35:18 PM

I want to transfer my VTC to my ledger but unsure whether to store it in Legacy or Segwit ??
All my BTC is in Segwit.
Cheers
It's up to you if you want to use the Segwit features or just stay on Legacy. But for me it is better that you use Segwit addresses in all types of cryptocurrency you want hold in Ledger nano s or any wallet that supports Segwit, because it has cheaper transaction fees and faster transaction time. But if the wallet/exchange that holds your Vertcoin (the wallet where the funds will come from) doesn't support Segwit it is safe to send your coins first to Legacy address on your Ledger then just create new Segwit address and transfer your Vertcoins there.
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:19:49 PM

All my BTC is in Segwit.
Cheers
It's up to you if you want to use the Segwit features or just stay on Legacy. But for me it is better that you use Segwit addresses in all types of cryptocurrency you want hold in Ledger nano s or any wallet that supports Segwit, because it has cheaper transaction fees and faster transaction time. But if the wallet/exchange that holds your Vertcoin (the wallet where the funds will come from) doesn't support Segwit it is safe to send your coins first to Legacy address on your Ledger then just create new Segwit address and transfer your Vertcoins there.

Cheers, had to do as above as Binance did not support Segwit withdrawal.

Got to transfer my IOTA now....Think MyEtherWallet supports it with Ledger.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: