Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ship your old Items to Africa for bitcoins  (Read 1305 times)
sammydeeknight (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 07:43:23 AM by sammydeeknight

Hello Bitcoiners,

My profile can indicate that i am a newbie but actually it's been a while i've been in the Bitcoin space spending more of my time on Reddit, Social Media & slack groups. I know how crucial it is to earn and keep one's reputation in this space. So this post is a serious one.

I want to help more of folks here get more bitcoins buy selling their used stuff.

Do you an old computer, laptop, smartphone, TV, electronics, Play Station, Fridge or any other home appliance that you want to get ride of?

Do you have an old car, van, truck, pickup or Motobike that is occupying your garage?

Do you have a stash of old clothes, dresses, rugs, table-clothes that you want clear off?

I have the solution for you: Send them to Africa to be resold
. ( You can make a search and you will find out that anything, either new or used, that comes from US, Europe or Asia can be bought here).

Items can be mailed via post or shipped via sea.

You can even start a business venture on your own by collecting other people stuff and export them to Africa (I live here in West Africa & i'm not a "Nigerian Prince" ) to be sold. I will be very glad to do the salesman job for you here in Africa.

When The Items are sold the money will be sent to you in Bitcoins
BTC  .

PM me if you're interested for more details.

I know the value of trust so i will not play with it.

Waiting to start a new success-story with you

shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:26:48 PM

I guess most of the people wouldn't mind you here since they don't know if you could be someone to be trusted in conducting negotiations or any kind of transaction unless you prove to them otherwise simply trust is something not given but rather earned. So you should earn your trust to most of the people here in the forum by ranking up.

Khali94

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:58:27 AM

this what you propose already exists and it is called ebay
sammydeeknight (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:48:08 AM

An African proverb says:

"The fact that there is a well in the village doesn't prevent you for digging your own in your house"

Ebay is a centralized entity that imposes its rules on the users. Bitcoin  BTCBTCBTC has come to set us free from any form of centralization.

I've appreciated your point.

Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:43:21 PM

There are sites that can provide for it and as one user says that it is ebay and may online selling platform that anyone can used to. Not be rude but how could anyone trust that they will get btc when the things they shipped was bought from Africa and do the seller provide the shipping fee or just yourself?  So it would say that you're the middleman but how could you possibly earn, how much commission do you get to the sold products/equipments and etc.? I think you should be more specific to details mate.
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:07:02 PM

How do we do this with you and how do we trust you because you might have realized by now that the response to the post is quiet discouraging not because people would not want to offload this unused items but because they will like to deal with integrity and trustworthy people and inthe end realize that they are making an impact. If this cannot be achieved by this then people will not venture at all or will opt out
Best2Invest

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:57:14 PM

Why you not buy from us and send BTC directly and sell your stuff over there.

This idea is not working. What happend if stuff did'nt sell or takes 2 jears, of less that expected or lost or..  whatever. 
Everest01

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:23:22 PM

An African proverb says:

"The fact that there is a well in the village doesn't prevent you for digging your own in your house"

Ebay is a centralized entity that imposes its rules on the users. Bitcoin  BTCBTCBTC has come to set us free from any form of centralization.

I've appreciated your point.

This guy is damn right. I totally get the point of those refraining from trusting a perfect stranger because I also don't really trust this kind of people. Really don't want to be rude or something but the internet is a place full of scammers and these are the facts. However I think he at least deserves a chance to prove he's a legit and trustworthy merchant. I mean, you don't really have to spend millions to try and get in business with him. The idea of helping people in need while also earning some cents in the meantime is interesting imho. What do you other guys think about it?
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:18:10 PM

I've got you. Nevertheless why not try me by mailing one or two items to check whether i'll be reliable or not? You can come up on this forum to give a testimony about your experience with me...

I've even said that if someone want to come on the ground to get all the assurance i will be glad to host him/her.

Business-minded people build partnerships through trials and visits on the grounds.

Thanks for your feedback

The kind of service you want to offer is quite controversial if you ask me and its because of several reasons I will try to itemize.

1.  The issue of trust, which you have right noted as to reason because you are a newbie on the forum, I think its just too early to start this kind of thing before understanding the way the forum operates and what is applicable for a service like this.

2. Who determines the value of those item, the buyer or the seller or the middle man which you are playing here and how do you propose that conflict be resolved.

3. You ask that something should be sent to you first to determine your reliability, that I say its a red flag because no matter how small the item would be, its has value and what if you don't sell the goods within a reasonable time frame, how do you keep explaining to the seller even though you didn't intend to scam.

My suggestion is to set yourself up to buy these things you wants, do it with an escrow when you receive it, the escrow release the bitcoin and you can place whatever profit margin on it depending on the market condition. With this, you can make more profit and free yourself from even hassle of explanations to the owner as to why the goods is not selling fast or why the value has dropped from the agreed amount.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:45:42 PM

I've got you. Nevertheless why not try me by mailing one or two items to check whether i'll be reliable or not? You can come up on this forum to give a testimony about your experience with me...

I've even said that if someone want to come on the ground to get all the assurance i will be glad to host him/her.

Business-minded people build partnerships through trials and visits on the grounds.

Thanks for your feedback

The kind of service you want to offer is quite controversial if you ask me and its because of several reasons I will try to itemize.

1.  The issue of trust, which you have right noted as to reason because you are a newbie on the forum, I think its just too early to start this kind of thing before understanding the way the forum operates and what is applicable for a service like this.

2. Who determines the value of those item, the buyer or the seller or the middle man which you are playing here and how do you propose that conflict be resolved.

3. You ask that something should be sent to you first to determine your reliability, that I say its a red flag because no matter how small the item would be, its has value and what if you don't sell the goods within a reasonable time frame, how do you keep explaining to the seller even though you didn't intend to scam.

My suggestion is to set yourself up to buy these things you wants, do it with an escrow when you receive it, the escrow release the bitcoin and you can place whatever profit margin on it depending on the market condition. With this, you can make more profit and free yourself from even hassle of explanations to the owner as to why the goods is not selling fast or why the value has dropped from the agreed amount.
100% on the mark!
why not simply buy the goods here on the forum using escrow service and put your own sell price on it at your location.
you would know what items are best and most profitable to sell and at what sell price so all you need to do is determine your cost price.
I have items I can sell but there is no way i am putting them in a box, paying for postage and waving good buy with one hand and fingers crossed on the other.
I doubt anyone would take up your offer under the terms you ask.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

Please fix your topic message - do you mean used or unused? Because if we talk about old things - electronics, clothes and so on - if it's old - it can hardly be unused. Gorgeous idea, by the, I'd like to be in touch with such a project.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:17:49 AM

There are sites that can provide for it and as one user says that it is ebay and may online selling platform that anyone can used to. Not be rude but how could anyone trust that they will get btc when the things they shipped was bought from Africa and do the seller provide the shipping fee or just yourself?  So it would say that you're the middleman but how could you possibly earn, how much commission do you get to the sold products/equipments and etc.? I think you should be more specific to details mate.

Thanks for your point of view,
As i said it earlier on some sites link buyers may be in the same endeavor. However here is some of their flaws:
These are huge marketplaces where you as individual you are one of their hundred of thousands of users. You are a statistics. They can decide to ignore when issues pop up and it will not affect their  business. These are faceless corporate bodies that receive hundred of complaints everyday.

Many have been victim of ebay scamming: a fake buyer get an item sent to him/her and send a complain for refund to Ebay that the item is not in good shape as described. Instead of returning the item he has been sent the scammer sends some thing else and still manage to get his/her money back.

Search "Ebay is for suckers" and you'll find testimonies.

What we are building here is tangible business relationship.

On the commission issue i think the details can discussed on each case. The seller can decide to give me 1% or more. Am opened and flexible for suggestions on that point.

Regards
Should just use an escrow from the forum. There are many that would be willing to escrow that have made many deals in the past.

sammydeeknight (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:35:17 AM

Please fix your topic message - do you mean used or unused? Because if we talk about old things - electronics, clothes and so on - if it's old - it can hardly be unused. Gorgeous idea, by the, I'd like to be in touch with such a project.

THANKS Norinho for the feedback,

We are talking about used stuff. Old things (either broken or in good shape).

Let me PM you my email or whatsapp number for further discussions.

Regards
sammydeeknight (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:16:44 AM

Thanks for your feedback

Thanks for this thorough feedback,
Lemme address it
1. On the trust issue i've already address it..

2. THE SELLER IS THE ONE WHO WILL DETERMINE THE PRICE. As the salesperson, i can give him/her my view based on the reality on the ground.

3. For the timeframe this will not be an issue because Electronics coming from The west are very hot here because their quality. People are fed of buying China-made low quality stuff here. If the price is reasonable enough, they definitely go for it.

Thanks once again for the feedback  
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

The idea is great, honestly one of a kind.

I'm fairly sure that if you want to scam, you would do it some way which you can probably scam bitcoins directly instead of having to end up with some other person's junk, so i'd trust you with my old items comfortably since i don't need them anyways.

But the thing i'm worried about is actually the business model.

First, you have the shipping fees. Shipping from the US to africa will probably cost a fortune especially for a stash of old clothes that may weigh several kilos. That'll be the first setback. Then, you'll probably be purchasing BTC in Africa for a premium of upwards of 5-10%(zimbabwe and countries that have economic problems are worse), taking away from profits. Then sending the BTC to your client will probably cost you $10 in transaction fees.

All this hassle and cost for probably a couple hundred dollars worth of rewards, isn't worth it compared to selling locally.
RoxasXIII94

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:11:21 AM

yeah, this way of transaction has been discovered in early days
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:04:10 PM

Exactly. Ebay also ensures its customers both seller and buyers, it is really convinient service except of payment methods as for me. What about topic subject, I cant realize how it works. Do sellers have to send goods and pay for a post servise then just wait for result? What if no one will buy the stuff you sent?

dotcomwriter

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

The trade is available, the only exception is that it doesn't use bitcoin as means of payment. However, the reputation of West Africans have made it difficult trusting anyone from that region coz of the high instances of scams involving people from that area.

For quality cryptocurrency contents, kindly contact me. Thank you.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

Nice little venture you have here, but you're hustling backwards. You need to have a site with our pictures uploaded, complete the sale, send us the Bitcoin, then wait for our shipment. There is no other way, financially speaking. Good luck!👍🏽
sammydeeknight (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:04:39 PM

The idea is great, honestly one of a kind.

I'm fairly sure that if you want to scam, you would do it some way which you can probably scam bitcoins directly instead of having to end up with some other person's junk, so i'd trust you with my old items comfortably since i don't need them anyways.

But the thing i'm worried about is actually the business model.

First, you have the shipping fees. Shipping from the US to africa will probably cost a fortune especially for a stash of old clothes that may weigh several kilos. That'll be the first setback. Then, you'll probably be purchasing BTC in Africa for a premium of upwards of 5-10%(zimbabwe and countries that have economic problems are worse), taking away from profits. Then sending the BTC to your client will probably cost you $10 in transaction fees.

All this hassle and cost for probably a couple hundred dollars worth of rewards, isn't worth it compared to selling locally.

Hat down Magnento for your kind words 7 honest review of this project,
Let me address your worries that i've found legitimate.
First on the cost of shipping issue, there is no need to panic about the costs because there are low cost maritime companies that can do the work cheap.

On the Bitcoin premium issue, there is nothing as such in the country i live. It's not well known yet here so you can get it easily And the transaction fees are not up to $10. They are less per my experience.

Regards
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: