Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:53:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What alt coin should take notice too  (Read 607 times)
cursednova (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:32:36 AM

Well I was wondering what alt coin I should dedicated the 3 computers I have too. I tried to mine bit coins earlier but between 3 computers im only getting around 315mh. I don't care about the exchange rates mostly its just too see who can get the most coins of one alt currency in my computer club.

So my question is what currency is new and I could invest my time too because once we choose one the winner gets 1000$ on December 27th and there are about  63 of us in my class.

So pm me or post here because it has too be an alt currency with smaller is better as long as its going to stay awhile

Anyways Comment Away
Gary Gigax

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:37:51 AM

DGC all the way bra it's been like rapid fire shares accepted and watch >> cryptsy its been rollling out like a christmas tree!!!!!!DGC issa bangerrrrrr
cursednova (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:40:47 AM

ok ill download it and give it a go I will have to suggest anything you guys post to my teacher but it seems interesting
beachlurker

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:49:08 AM

primecoin -> primecoin.org

AND

ppcoin -> ppcoin.org

Both from the same developer (Sunny King), guy is a genius.
Gary Gigax

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:57:12 AM

ok ill download it and give it a go I will have to suggest anything you guys post to my teacher but it seems interesting

ohhh no dont do that just go on cryptsy and get addresses there unless you are good with security...~^~DGC~^~moon bound
Gary Gigax

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:58:42 AM

primecoin -> primecoin.org

AND

ppcoin -> ppcoin.org

Both from the same developer (Sunny King), guy is a genius.

ya man isn't that one an asic mined type coin!!???~~~niceee
Winterfrost

Activity: 680
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:02:14 AM

...its just too see who can get the most coins of one alt currency in my computer club.

Is there a rule against creating your own alt currency and mining that?

Edit: nevermind, that's answered in the OP. I suck at reading. Carry on. Smiley

Gary Gigax

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:04:20 AM

...its just too see who can get the most coins of one alt currency in my computer club.

Is there a rule against creating your own alt currency and mining that?

what whi trusts this guy where u from?...lol
cursednova (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:49:11 AM

I'm from the united states and I am looking for a fairly simple one because its a race for 1000$ so I think I will go with DGC since we are only aloud to use the computers we currently own to start the race.

Thanks for everyone's replies and  talked to my teacher she has explained and we have agreed that we will do this one... another goal is we have to setup pools and create various types of lotto and fassuts so i'm very exited.

Considering its summer I'm sure the 1000$ will be very nice when Christmas comes because our summer school is unique.

So We get started July 10th look for a horde of insane teenagers mining DGC! Trying to win 1K Cash :-D

WISH ME LUCK!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:52:21 AM

should of told him something easy like infinite coin. he'll never  get squat solo mining dgc with 315 k/h

edit: i actually agree that he should atleast give primecoin a go since its cpu only. plus it has scientific value since it finds really large primenumbers

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Cyberclones

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:17:31 AM

primecoin would be my suggestion but in all honesty anyone can really mine it at the same time as whatever they mine. I lost like 5kh when I started to mine it as well and I'm sure I have made that back in in primecoins.
Gary Gigax

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:28:41 AM

I'm from the united states and I am looking for a fairly simple one because its a race for 1000$ so I think I will go with DGC since we are only aloud to use the computers we currently own to start the race.

Thanks for everyone's replies and  talked to my teacher she has explained and we have agreed that we will do this one... another goal is we have to setup pools and create various types of lotto and fassuts so i'm very exited.

Considering its summer I'm sure the 1000$ will be very nice when Christmas comes because our summer school is unique.

So We get started July 10th look for a horde of insane teenagers mining DGC! Trying to win 1K Cash :-D

WISH ME LUCK!

BTC>LTC>FTC>DGC>  Shocked =) have fun
Gary Gigax

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:32:31 AM

Thanks for everyone's replies and  talked to my teacher she has explained and we have agreed that we will do this one... another goal is we have to setup pools and create various types of lotto and fassuts so i'm very exited.

WISH ME LUCK!

whatever you do don't even think of hacking the school computer to mine gp ~ not cool  =) LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: