Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] [Bounty] Primecoin Standalone CPU Miner Current: 3.5BTC  (Read 13917 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:42:19 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 11:10:53 PM by Vorksholk

Due to a coming GPU miner, this bounty has now been withdrawn!

Hello! I'm offering up 2.5BTC of my own money to the first person who releases a standalone CPU miner for primecoin that performs as well if not better than the primecoin implementation already in the client. Irritant has also pledged 1 BTC.

FAQ: "Why is ypool not getting this bounty?"
A: Does not run native on Linux (requires wine).
Requirements:
Compiled windows binary
Compiled linux binary (or put it in an easy-to-use git repository, we want to make this available to everyone)
Published source code (github preferred!)

If you want to add to the bounty, just respond in this thread. I'm not going to collect for the bounty, we can just send it to the winner when they win.

Reasons for a CPU-standalone miner:
Pooling computing power to leverage against luck
Ability to submit shares to pools, 'guarantees' income (smooths out the bumps, etc.)
Not all miners need a full blockchain and client, etc.

Cheers!

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 02:45:55 PM

Bump.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 02:56:30 PM

2.5 BTC to copy+paste code from the client? I would do it if I didn't think someone else would finish it first.

Basically. As long as it supports shares and would work with pools, that would be golden. And this bounty has been here all night, I thought it'd be done sooner xD.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:00:55 PM

2.5 BTC to copy+paste code from the client? I would do it if I didn't think someone else would finish it first.

Basically. As long as it supports shares and would work with pools, that would be golden. And this bounty has been here all night, I thought it'd be done sooner xD.
Right now, there is no established pooling protocol to follow.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:03:45 PM

Hey guys, I've been using ScryptMiner GUI to solo mine primecoins. It can submit shares and work with pools too. Cool

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:23:21 PM

Hey guys, I've been using ScryptMiner GUI to solo mine primecoins. It can submit shares and work with pools too. Cool
Do you mind sharing how you have managed to do that?
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:28:16 PM

How on earth?
shinkicker

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:29:11 PM

bullshit
oroqen

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:29:50 PM

bullshit
seconded.
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

Pools?...  Huh
mustyoshi

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:31:53 PM

How would a pool even do shares with a PoW like this?
Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:12:24 PM

what is bullshit? I simply meant the program was designed to work with pools and submit shares, I didn't realize that primecoin was not designed to use with pools. I still have been solomining using scryptminer which i believed was the initial intent of OP.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
shinkicker

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:01:37 PM

what is bullshit? I simply meant the program was designed to work with pools and submit shares, I didn't realize that primecoin was not designed to use with pools. I still have been solomining using scryptminer which i believed was the initial intent of OP.

So you're solo mining using scrypt for primecoin?
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:06:57 PM

How would a pool even do shares with a PoW like this?

Yeah, that's the tricky part. Perhaps a proof-of-not-prime of some sort? Seems like a high-bandwidth option...

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:15:51 PM

Pool support isn't up to the client/mining software, though, the pool software would need to be modified to support this. Having a standalone cpuminer fork would be a step in the right direction.

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:18:53 PM

Pool share can be implemented as lower difficulty prime chains, similar to hashcash proof-of-work I think.
Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:47:28 PM

I guess so, I didn't even check last night to see if it was scrypt or not(i've had a terrible cold the past week). My primecoin wallet says i've found 5 blocks already, and they are currently being confirmed, only my first block is at halfway to being fully confirmed. I was just in a rush to get mining last night and figured to use scryptminer for my CPU because it was the only standalone CPU miner i have. my cpu usage is at 100% on 6 cores and has mined for the past 12 hours. I found my first block almost instantly when i launched scryptminer using a solo mining config.

So is primecoin a scrypt coin? I am terribly confused by all of this now. Huh

willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:50:00 PM

Hello! I'm offering up 2.5BTC of my own money to the first person who releases a standalone CPU miner for primecoin that performs as well if not better than the primecoin implementation already in the client.

Requirements:
Compiled windows binary
Compiled linux binary (or put it in an easy-to-use git repository, we want to make this available to everyone)
Published source code (github preferred!)

If you want to add to the bounty, just respond in this thread. I'm not going to collect for the bounty, we can just send it to the winner when they win.

Reasons for a CPU-standalone miner:
Pooling computing power to leverage against luck
Ability to submit shares to pools, 'guarantees' income (smooths out the bumps, etc.)
Not all miners need a full blockchain and client, etc.

Cheers!

quoting for posterity.

just changing one of the loops to optimise the code a bit, or changing from -O2 to -O3 will satisfy the three requirements specified in your bounty.

Will

Ethera

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:50:13 PM

No, primecoin is not a scrypt coin, you are a cunt liar thou.

Welcome to negative reputation baby.
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:05:48 PM

I guess so, I didn't even check last night to see if it was scrypt or not(i've had a terrible cold the past week). My primecoin wallet says i've found 5 blocks already, and they are currently being confirmed, only my first block is at halfway to being fully confirmed. I was just in a rush to get mining last night and figured to use scryptminer for my CPU because it was the only standalone CPU miner i have. my cpu usage is at 100% on 6 cores and has mined for the past 12 hours. I found my first block almost instantly when i launched scryptminer using a solo mining config.

So is primecoin a scrypt coin? I am terribly confused by all of this now. Huh

You have found 5 blocks using a scrypt miner for primecoin?

There are two options here:

1. You are a liar.
2. You are quite literally, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, dumb as rocks.

So which is it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: