Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: just bought bitcoins on the market at 77.44 USD  (Read 1481 times)
triib4l (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:32:00 AM

well tell me guys have i made a major mistake here or what price seems to be plumitting
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:41:50 AM

good thing you invested in btc, major bad thing you didn't bother to read up on some simple stock stuff.

triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:48:26 AM

good thing you invested in btc, major bad thing you didn't bother to read up on some simple stock stuff.
agreed help a brother out, is the price going to bottom out before it gets better = major loss for me
lassincha

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:03:53 AM

No one really knows how the price will behave. Hopefully in long term it will go really high, so if you are planning to hold your coins, you shouldn't really worry what happens on short term (less than 5 years).

Oh and btw even if price plummits, you won't make loss before you sell your coins. So it doesn't really matter if price goes down before it starts going up again... Smiley
triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:20:13 AM

No one really knows how the price will behave. Hopefully in long term it will go really high, so if you are planning to hold your coins, you shouldn't really worry what happens on short term (less than 5 years).

Oh and btw even if price plummits, you won't make loss before you sell your coins. So it doesn't really matter if price goes down before it starts going up again... Smiley
thanks hopefully it bounces back soon
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:35:54 AM

well tell me guys have i made a major mistake here or what price seems to be plumitting

It's painful to read questions like this. Let us assume that we knew the answer to your question: this would freeze all of the BTC sales. Why? Because nobody is going to go out of their way to lose money on purpose, knowing that the prices are dropping. Therefore nobody would buy and the prices would remain stationary.

For future reference, before you spend a cent on something you should learn what it is you are dealing with; if you don't, your possible BTC loss is going to be the least of your worries.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:43:29 AM

Wait a few years and sell = profit

canderoi

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:54:46 PM

It's painful to read questions like this. Let us assume that we knew the answer to your question: this would freeze all of the BTC sales. Why? Because nobody is going to go out of their way to lose money on purpose, knowing that the prices are dropping. Therefore nobody would buy and the prices would remain stationary.

For future reference, before you spend a cent on something you should learn what it is you are dealing with; if you don't, your possible BTC loss is going to be the least of your worries.

People are eager to buy things. I always ask myself why we are so afraid of spending time with search and learn before doing something.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:57:12 PM

Wait a few years and sell = profit

When bitcoin takes over the world, there'll be far less or no need/desire to buy fiat with it anyway. Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:00:23 PM

When bitcoin takes over the world, there'll be far less or no need/desire to buy fiat with it anyway. Smiley

Maybe. Eventually.
But then, I will be dead for ages, so why should I care?

synchris

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:30:21 PM

it will get better for sure. just hold on!
Kaemon

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:34:53 PM

Howdy (first post),
It would seem purchasing BTC is better than mining it at this point, but it's going to be for the long haul, you would probably do well to set a reasonable rate of return and once you hit that, sell just so you get an idea of fees, transaction time, (if it actually goes through, etc...).

I'm as new as new can be, so I've been mining a bit, then moving my meager Bitcoins around to see how long things take, which sites seem decent and which ones seem fee heavy (might be useful once you decide to cast out all your millions of BTC) Cheesy.

Good luck, I hope those of us that are very late to the game can at least have a bit of fun and learn more about what is arguably one of the most interesting things to come down the pipe in quite awhile.
Lillith81

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:55:53 PM

It will be mid-July before BTC's pick up value, and plateau to the better realm again. I'd say there's maybe a week.. 2 weeks tops before bitcoin value doubles and steadies up there (I'm guessing around $140AU/BTC for a steady average). Only saying this because here in Australia we've just had our end/start of financial year and most stocks, shares, and world currencies tend to get shaky and plummet. 

Generally between midnight and 9:30am Aust. EST on July 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will be the best time to buy shares and stocks as this is when it will be guaranteed the cheapest time period. After this tradable currencies and stock markets slowy begin to steady themselves and become slightly more predictable and reliable, and gradually climb - peaking a little above the value prior to price plummet, and settling into a steady plateau until maybe mid-September at most.

Eventually arrogance, ignorance and greed will catch up, and then all government controlled currencies will notably recognized as useless and worthless as the governments who control them, BTC will spike majorly to what most will consider unspeakable major high and then finally we, the people, will control the man who controls us now  Grin and maybe it might even be the first step to world unity and peace  Grin  BTC  Grin
dirty dog

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:22:20 PM

If you think the market is going to go down you best sell now and take the small profit
fumble

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:31:32 PM

I bought some at $102 and then some more at $83.  Almost bought more at $70 but missed out.
chairforce1

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:55:03 PM

if you are interested in what may happen i would check out the speculation thread

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:14:44 AM

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr i sold the ones i got at 77 before the rise to 100 then bought more at 91 and its dropping again LOL i'm a novice and just cant win here
MasterSplinter

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:01:32 AM

I would say that was a good buying price considering that the price fluctuates so much. I think bitcoins value will rise dramatically in the near future. My advice would be to buy when low whenever you can.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:04:44 AM

It's either a mistake or a good move.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:55:31 AM

I think bitcoin is a good long term investment
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: