Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Futures - December 10. Will it Rise or Fall?  (Read 2627 times)
taiem1407

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:49:30 AM

In December I thought it was up to $ 16k and fell down. I hope it returns to 9k $ .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:01:44 AM

That will remain to be seen after the first day of bitcoin futures as many predicts some more surge on the price of bitcoin. Some online news report that bitcoin futures will help stabilize the volatility of the bitcoin price, does it means that wild price swings will be a thing of the past? No one know what lies ahead for the bitcoin as it enter new chapter by means of bitcoin futures.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:10:11 AM

There will be endless delays with the SEC, etc. which drop the price.

60659 📦
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:15:19 AM

That will remain to be seen after the first day of bitcoin futures as many predicts some more surge on the price of bitcoin. Some online news report that bitcoin futures will help stabilize the volatility of the bitcoin price, does it means that wild price swings will be a thing of the past? No one know what lies ahead for the bitcoin as it enter new chapter by means of bitcoin futures.

indeed so far no one knows what will happen to bitcoin in the future but surely we all hope if bitcoin will still exist to help economy of its users to become better in terms of finance and for that of course in need of support from various parties so that bitcoin always grow and develop as valuable digital currencies.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:29:58 PM

There will be hedge funds betting for and against bitcoin.

Certainly the one from Novogratz will bet on a rising. And the ones lead by GS and JPMorgan will bet on a fall.

But we dont know for sure how this really works in its internals. Basically they use leverage in CME for their bettings, but when buying real bitcoin, they will buy in exchanges like Bitstamp and hence they can only do what a whale would do.

In gold, they keep the price down, because gold is held in custody by the State and the banks. They have a monopoly on it. Now for bitcoin, 90% of it is concentrated in the hands of the whales, which are 1% of users. So those funds will keep buying lots of bitcoins to increase the price first, so that they can tempt the whales to dump their stashes, and only then they will short what they have bought.

I was fearing a short right off the bat, because we never know if these funds were hoarding bitcoin, secretly and for a long time, turning them into whales themselves. But most probably is that they werent doing that, as their criticism points to a regret of not buying (as most coinhaters do, they always act emotionally). So maybe the price will go up until it reaches around 30k and then one or two whales try to dump to buy a truck full of lambos. Only then we will have a crash, going back to 10k levels.
atrmill

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:29:14 PM

Nothing will happen on December 10th. The price will continue to rise to the fork. And maybe before the New Year. I hope that there will not be a sharp drop in prices.

Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:31:51 PM

Basically they use leverage in CME for their bettings, but when buying real bitcoin, they will buy in exchanges like Bitstamp and hence they can only do what a whale would do.
Why would they need to buy real bitcoin, when contracts will be settled in fiat?
exponential

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:36:51 PM

Basically they use leverage in CME for their bettings, but when buying real bitcoin, they will buy in exchanges like Bitstamp and hence they can only do what a whale would do.
Why would they need to buy real bitcoin, when contracts will be settled in fiat?

Because if they want to short the market they can artificially inflate the price by buying shitloads of it and driving the price up.  Once the price is high they can short it, dump what they bought and then do it all over again.  There's some graphic floating around that says this.  Is it true? Who knows.  Does it seem like it could happen? Perhaps.
inturist

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:32:03 AM

The US Futures Trading Association (FIA) has prepared an appeal to the Securities and Exchange Commission to postpone the launch of bitcoin futures trading.
The draft version of the document was at the disposal of the Financial Times. According to the publication, it should be sent today, December 7.
According to the FIA, the launch of bitcoin futures trading will not be accompanied by proper transparency   Huh Huh Huh
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:47:33 AM

There will be hedge funds betting for and against bitcoin.

Certainly the one from Novogratz will bet on a rising. And the ones lead by GS and JPMorgan will bet on a fall.

I'm not so sure about that. Firstly, you have to consider time frames. Novogratz predicted last month that Bitcoin would end the year around $10,000. So for all I know, he expects a significant correction from this latest leg of the rally.

Also, JP Morgan seems to be pivoting quickly. They said a few days ago that Bitcoin could join Gold as a reliable, long-term way to store wealth, suggesting that it would become a traditional asset class. Jamie Dimon may not like it, but I don't think he wants Chase left in the dust by other banks. Goldman Sachs announced today that they are planning to clear bitcoin futures for clients as new contracts go live in the coming days. Bank of America just won a patent for a cryptocurrency exchange system.

The banks are waking up, and it seems like they want a piece of the action more than anything else.....

btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:53:06 AM

Simple question. Do you think bitcoin price will rise or fall first week after they start bitcoin futures (betting on btc)?
it's very difficult to speculating about this. when bitcoin futures starting in few days this will start a new bitcoins condition.
since bitcoin keeps rising, people keep following the trend to buy bitcoin, I do not expect bitcoin to crash, but also anxious that this trend will be parabolic.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:44:52 AM

Simple question. Do you think bitcoin price will rise or fall first week after they start bitcoin futures (betting on btc)?
I read many speculations about that here in forum mostly they say that bitcoin was continued moving up by month of December and I think that was true because bitcoin now rapidly going high not like few months ago. But it is still prediction of bitcoin that no one knows, because of being volatile of bitcoin the rice is not stable.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:33:56 AM

Futures trades are usually bots and this will make huge sell orders on the market.
Bots will not always buy without any indicator signals. So Yes i am waiting a huge correction on 10 december
Arvz

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:28:19 AM

Today is now december 8, and bitcoin price still rising. I bet until next year, the bitcoin price will still rise because of its popularity. No doubt that the bitcoin will cotinue to rise.
Joe200

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:28:17 PM

The futures will trade FIVE days per week. Whose genius idea was that? Get ready for wild price swings on the weekends!
chacha66

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:16:11 PM

I have to agree with the negative comments here on the page. These guys are vultures, the worst kind on gamblers. They can bet on ups or downs. If they can make profit off a fall they will facilitate that fall with all there might-news-media-radio-enet , you name it. These guys are dogs, nothing more. The more you dont understand the price rises and falls , the more you lose. You get out. Then they entice mom and dads who have no fu£$n clue what there doing into the game. And they continue the journey. We will bit£h online about corruption but to what end ??
Finding a way to burn these slashers would be a beautiful thing  .

It makes me f"ckn sick reading comments here about what goldman/jp morgan  ect are probably going to do like technical analysis of these hyenas is gonna work. Up until 09/12/2017 BTC was a true free market. Wall street is the antithesis of the free market. They are the corporations , some people mix this with capitalism. They are wrong.Corporate company are the death of free market trading.  They are a monopoly . You have no idea what there going to do     and if you try   this BTC gig if finished   and you with it .

Peace x
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:27:31 PM

Nothing will happen on December 10th. The price will continue to rise to the fork. And maybe before the New Year. I hope that there will not be a sharp drop in prices.

The fork should be considered as the main actor right not for the bitcoin. How a lot of forks come in a row. it's up to 5 forks coin will be blowing up to the public in a few weeks later. How people will try to buy the more bitcoin as much as they can. This day the price has fallen but it will be back again in the future. At the same time with the fork and many people will try to accumulate the free bucks from the bitcoin.
How it brings the more attention again to the bitcoin soon.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:46:01 PM

I prefer to consider bitcoin futures has nothing to do with bitcoin as they create a contract based on fiat currency, all the transactions using fiat currency instead of really invest in bitcoin. However, bitcoin price will increase over time, no matter what they say about it. But contract holders can do something about the price, right? If some people bet the price will rise to a certain point, they will buy bitcoin on some exchange to affect the Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR). So, bitcoin price maybe increases even higher for the first phase of bitcoin futures, but it may drop back on the second round as the investors will sell their bitcoin to gain profit and simply bet on lower price.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:44:15 AM

They say it will rise this dec 10, but maybe will bump a little on hardfork because there is another coin coming that is super bitcoin. We all don't know what will be the exact amount will bitcoin be. But let's all get ready on hard fork on Dec 15.
jwpoke

Activity: 91

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:04:45 AM

The only thing I know is if the price drops to support level, lots of people will buy in. Lots of new buyers standing by to get in. Look at all those new accounts on coinbase. It's gonna be bumpy either way.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: