Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaxx wallet missing funds  (Read 461 times)
Ianmck777 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:42:05 PM

Hi all
I am after some good advice
I tried to transfer funds from my Jaxx wallet to my coinbase wallet on the 10/11/17. Five days went by then the funds reappeared back in my jaxx wallet. The next morning (15/11/17) the funds disappeared again and the funds haven’t been seen since.
I am new to bitcoin and I have noticed on the Jaxx wallet the transaction has a number. I clicked into it and it takes you to another site. The transaction says it has 2 outputs, the 1st is spent and the 2nd larger sum is unspent. It has been confirmed by 6+ miners.
Does this mean the money has been lost in the blockchain as the mempool is full or has the money disappeared and my mobile wallet been hacked.
Advice needed
Thanks
Ian
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:50:46 PM

I tried to transfer funds from my Jaxx wallet to my coinbase wallet on the 10/11/17. Five days went by then the funds reappeared back in my jaxx wallet. The next morning (15/11/17) the funds disappeared again and the funds haven’t been seen since.

We don't have enough information here to determine what happened. You didn't say, but I assume nothing ever arrived in your Coinbase account, right?

Funds disappearing and reappearing in the Jaxx wallet is not unheard of. It's very glitchy and unreliable; I recommend against it. For a lightweight BTC wallet, I recommend Electrum, which doesn't experience those kind of issues.

I am new to bitcoin and I have noticed on the Jaxx wallet the transaction has a number. I clicked into it and it takes you to another site. The transaction says it has 2 outputs, the 1st is spent and the 2nd larger sum is unspent. It has been confirmed by 6+ miners.
Does this mean the money has been lost in the blockchain as the mempool is full or has the money disappeared and my mobile wallet been hacked.

To confirm what happened, could you post your Coinbase deposit address and the Transaction ID# in your Jaxx withdrawal history? Then we can check on the blockchain what happened, because it sounds like the funds were already sent and confirmed.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 09:25:19 PM

This is probably due to the buggy jaxx wallet.
"Bitcoins" can only be spend completely. Partial payments are not possible.
If you have 1 BTC for example, and want to send 0.2, then the TX looks like this:
Input1: 1 BTC
Output1: 0.2 BTC
Output2: 0.8 BTC, where Output2 goes to a change address automatically generated by your wallet.

I would recommend you to do the following:
  • Export your private keys out of the Jaxx wallet
  • Import your private keys into an usable wallet (e.g. electrum)
  • Send your coins to a new address/wallet  (for security reasons, you don't want to have your private keys floating around in your ram giving attackers free money)

To confirm what happened, could you post your Coinbase deposit address and the Transaction ID# in your Jaxx withdrawal history? Then we can check on the blockchain what happened, because it sounds like the funds were already sent and confirmed.

Its not necessary to post the TX id. (DannyHamilton doesn't like to see people giving up their privacy!  Roll Eyes)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: