Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:54:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Understand how to secure bitcoin in wallet  (Read 374 times)
kasperF (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:23:28 PM

Dear all,
Newbie in the Bitcoin world, and cannot understand how the Bitcoin wallets work, hope this is the correct place to post..

After I had bought some Bitcoin, I figured out that I needed a wallet, so I have created one.
And then the mystery starts, is it possible to transfer Bitcoin to the wallet after they are bought, and in case, how is this done? (have a Bread wallet)
And please, (I know it's a lot to ask for) explain in detail for dummies  Smiley

I have bought Bitcoins at Gdax (Coinbase) and Cex.io.

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:30:56 PM

I am unfamiliar with the Bread wallet, but in most wallets you can go to something like "Receiving addresses" or something like that, where your wallet will give you a Bitcoin address that was generated by that wallet. Then you will need to go to your exchange and withdraw the funds (again unfamiliar with the exchanges), where you need to place your Bitcoin address where the exchange will send you your bitcoins.
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:58:54 PM

Dear all,
Newbie in the Bitcoin world, and cannot understand how the Bitcoin wallets work, hope this is the correct place to post..

After I had bought some Bitcoin, I figured out that I needed a wallet, so I have created one.
And then the mystery starts, is it possible to transfer Bitcoin to the wallet after they are bought, and in case, how is this done? (have a Bread wallet)
And please, (I know it's a lot to ask for) explain in detail for dummies  Smiley

Thanks in advance
Keep bitcoins on the exchange is dangerous, they allways attacked , so after buying it is better to display them on cold offline wallets, for example, Ledger Nano S, it is easy to use and is the most secure https://www.ledgerwallet.com/
hateplesent

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:26:57 PM

Dear all,

Thanks in advance

using normal bank system you need bank money

in bitcoin you need wallet (bank)  bitcoin  (money)

Gdax (Coinbase) and Cex.io. is only exchange sites to get bitcoin and one of the famous way to get bitcoin
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:26:38 PM

Best way to secure your bitcoins would be to get them
out of an exchange and buy a hard wallet such as Nano
Ledger S, copy the secret key in different places and
now you don't have to worry about your bitcoins as
long as you have a backup of your private key.

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:11:45 PM

You don't need to make such expenses.
If you have small amount mobile wallet (f.e Bread) will be sufficient.
You just find receive adress let's find withdraw section in your exchange and paste your adress there.

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:28:04 AM

It's very similar, find your Bitcoin address on Bread wallet, copy it and just use it for withdrawal from exchange. Can you tell me, which part of withdrawal from exchange to bitcoin waplet exactly isn't clear for you.
And I recomnend to read this thread about types of Bitcoin wallets and how to secure your funds:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

Doozle

Activity: 17
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:29:45 AM

I am not familiar with bread wallet but I highly recommend offline wallets such as USB or paper wallets. They are much safer than online wallets.
yausundy

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:39:45 AM

Now bitcoin is too expensive, large sums of money put offline wallet, small funds in online wallets
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:56:28 AM

If you are holding Bitcoins you are already having a wallet as the address you are holding Bitcoins in is generated from a wallet.
To transfer the coins to a particular wallet you should first download a specific wallet in your PC/smartphone  and then generate  a BTC address and then transfer the coins to that address. I recommend Mycelium and Electrum as they are secure. After downloading the first thing you should do it create a backup of the wallet and keep the passphrase/private key in a safe place. After that receive the BTC in your wallet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lastinghellish

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

You can make use of various offline wallets to safe-keep your bitcoins. You can also opt for the hardware wallet which is the most secure type.
roberthus

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:14:28 PM

Dear all,

Thanks in advance

using normal bank system you need bank money

in bitcoin you need wallet (bank)  bitcoin  (money)

Gdax (Coinbase) and Cex.io. is only exchange sites to get bitcoin and one of the famous way to get bitcoin

those are the wallets you recommend?
cogtransgender

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:59:02 PM

If you want your investment to be secured, especially if you are not going to check in a while, then you should have a hardware wallet where you can store them safely that it wouldn't decrease its value.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:34:05 PM

If you are holding Bitcoins you are already having a wallet as the address you are holding Bitcoins in is generated from a wallet.
To transfer the coins to a particular wallet you should first download a specific wallet in your PC/smartphone  and then generate  a BTC address and then transfer the coins to that address. I recommend Mycelium and Electrum as they are secure. After downloading the first thing you should do it create a backup of the wallet and keep the passphrase/private key in a safe place. After that receive the BTC in your wallet.
I lost my private key at least twice, when I kept it on my computer, my hard disk burned, and once I wrote it down, I lost the note paper. That's why I lost a lot of Bitcoin. I think now Bitcoin banks need to be opened.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:47:15 PM

I lost my private key at least twice, when I kept it on my computer, my hard disk burned, and once I wrote it down, I lost the note paper. That's why I lost a lot of Bitcoin. I think now Bitcoin banks need to be opened.

Bitcoin was developed to be able to transfer money between people without banks...
If you do the necessary steps to secure your coins you'll be fine. Always keep your seed (the words generated with your address/wallet) at several safe places just to make sure that you have backup if you are in need.  But first of all, read and learn, to understand the basics of the whole thing and the risks you have to face in order to save your funds. Do your own research and ask for help from the community.
Keep your coins safe as you would keep your real money in real life.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:08:26 PM

Secure it in different wallet like blockchain,mycelium or in hardwallet actually i use 5 wallet for the security of my btc because their have private keys another thing always save the keys for more good i think also if your newbie read some topics here in beginners and help there's a lot of knowledge about crypto you can learn while you earn by doing that kind of move.

hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:19:22 PM

There are quite a few ways to store your bitcoin on the wallet because the current types of purses have very high security. You can choose from online wallet (Coinbase, Blockchain), offline (Electrum, mycelium), hardware wallet (Trezos, Nanos) ... These wallets have private key and security system. Same high, remember not to share your private key to anyone because you can lose everything.
oviudiu

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:23:36 PM

Dear all,

Thanks in advance

It's quite simple actually, just send the bitcoin to the public address you newly created and you are all set. Depending on how much you paid for the fee, the money will get to you faster or slower.
Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:06:26 PM

yes, i agree with you, and i also keep in some wallet, i think, without using security jug our wallet will be safe, with note. we do not forget to delete the password after opening the wallet. because many people forget to remove the password again, and this will be exploited by hackers.
keep in mind little things can also make your bitcoin lost.
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:20:57 PM

Yes of course you can transfer from exchanger to your personnal wallet but the fee will be applicble.
Make sure you know the time of transaction like recently the transction is very slow so dont make yourself worry if the transction confirm very slow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: