Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitties-good thing or bad thing ?  (Read 1716 times)
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

as much as this is kinda a random "shit-thread", the hive collective has actually come up with some good points Cheesy
-SCALABILITY.  things like this MAKE eth consider it, like one user said "imagine 50 games like this on ETH"
-Ponzi. people really will buy into anything in hopes to get rich, even if no purpose?
-Exposure. whether or not this "project" is worthless, its brings exposure to ETH

mass adoption of all coins helps holders

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
NaissuR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:58:50 AM

Right now ,it's clogging the network and forcing people to up gas prices but in the future ,do you guys think having a game that popular (crypto-pokemons ?)could be a good thing for ethereum ?

popular game = always good
its not a question Smiley
i hope that there will be more and more interesting things
maybe some game like hearthstone but where you can earn real money in crypto!
only by the number of the players in the game you can have a good active blockchain =]

romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:01:35 AM

Cryptokitties did a good thing for Ethereum network, even the fact it cause heavy traffic on Ethereum network and long queue of transaction. On the other side of stories, it was promoting ETH skilfully at digital world.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
mbakruroh

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

enterapp.io PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:29:40 AM

Cryptokitties did a good thing for Ethereum network, even the fact it cause heavy traffic on Ethereum network and long queue of transaction. On the other side of stories, it was promoting ETH skilfully at digital world.

although the cryptokitties are good but will be very influential when the coin is promotion where the promotion of cryptokitties disrupts the ethereum network and disrupts the transaction process of the users. but if it does work I think it will be good.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:47:34 PM

I think it is a good thing pointing to a bad thing - > the Ethereum scalability problem, which is not going to be solved soon. And if Ethereum can't solve it, then neither any of the platforms from the same generation would do it soon.

If they're not gonna solve scalability soon, Waves will overtake eth when they will launch smart contracts. For now let's see how WavesNG will turn

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: