Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:26:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] bitroad.co.uk -- crypto marketplace -- electronics for bitcoins litecoins  (Read 4625 times)
Fallen666 (OP)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 11:02:50 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 12:14:16 PM by Fallen666

Hi guys

We are ready to present our project.

First who are we?

We are a bunch of people who want to help creating a solid backbone for the crypto economy. Our first step is this website, we'll start accepting Bitcoin and Litecoin but we might add other alt coins when they're stable enough.

Website is in beta testing at present so please leave feedback on your experience (even just browsing) either on this forum or at feedback@bitroad.co.uk.

We have years of experience dealing with issues in traditional e-commerce so logistics and customer service are not a problem. All problems that might occur will be dealt with in a quick and professional manner.

We do make a profit from what we sell. We want to create trust in bitcoin and litecoin so we rather offer a quick delivery in Europe and good customer service rather than best price.

That said if you are looking to buy electronics for Bitcoin or Litecoin, you need fast delivery and customers service this website might fit your needs, pick your item from our 10.000+ products catalog.

Key features

- Bitcoin and Litecoin accepted

- 24/48 hour’s delivery in Europe

- Automatic instant price adjustment

- Bitcoin payments using Bitpay

- Litecoins payments using custom module

Coming soon

- Multilanguage translations

- Better products display

- More coins

Please leave comments and feedback on our project, we put a lot into it because we believe that introducing crypto's payments to a "traditional" e-commerce website may help widespread diffusion of this new way of seeing money.

A new way that is, in our thinking, more fair.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Enjoy your trip down the BitRoad

http://www.bitroad.co.uk/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bitroad1

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:56:55 PM

Some implementation in our project

- Wholesale and professional, dedicated on demand quotation for professional equipment and bulk buy.
- Litecoin payment solution, start accepting litecoins on your website.
- Bugs fix

Thanks in advance for your feedback on our project

feedback@bitroad.co.uk

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 11:46:16 AM

After the first month on Beta test we are about to make major changes to our catalog as requested by many customers.

Changes includes

- Different supplier
- Worldwide shipping
- Wholesale prices
- Worldwide tracking

To reduce the final price we will manage logistics straight from PRC so we wil also update our terms of service.

We apologise for any inconvenience you may experience during this transition period.

Thanks to all our customers and visitors for the feedback provided.

Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:49:02 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 06:57:29 PM by Isokivi

I felt like taking the "leap of faith" on this service: Placed an order, got to pay and recieved an order confirmation. I'll post an update as I have more to share.

[edit1] Shortly after ordering I recieved an email asking if I would like my regular shipping upgraded to express, free of charge. Less than 24h after ordering I recieved (two different!?) emails stating that my package has shipped. One of them contained a tracking link. To my HUGE dissapointment the package has shipped from "SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC ". Making this service utterly useless as it's only benefit for me seemed to be that it shipped from within the Eu. So now I get to go down to a customs office, wait an hour while the officers there try to figure out under which of hundereds of different vat-codes does the shipment fall under. All of which are taxed and treated the same. Then I get to spend another hour explaining what a bitcoin is and how I payed. Then I get to pay 24% Vat. In essence making the whole effort a huge waste of my time as I could of have picked up similiar goods for roughly the same price locally.

tldr: I tought that a Uk business would ship packages from the Uk, arriving from China instead going to get raped by the local tax authorities.

[edit2] Package recieved, shipping and delivery were very fast. Contense of package is as ordered, or perhaps with an additional case for the tablet I ordered, cba. to check if it belonged to the item. I am happy to reccomend this service.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:00:38 AM

I felt like taking the "leap of faith" on this service: Placed an order, got to pay and recieved an order confirmation. I'll post an update as I have more to share.

[edit1] Shortly after ordering I recieved an email asking if I would like my regular shipping upgraded to express, free of charge. Less than 24h after ordering I recieved (two different!?) emails stating that my package has shipped. One of them contained a tracking link. To my HUGE dissapointment the package has shipped from "SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC ". Making this service utterly useless as it's only benefit for me seemed to be that it shipped from within the Eu. So now I get to go down to a customs office, wait an hour while the officers there try to figure out under which of hundereds of different vat-codes does the shipment fall under. All of which are taxed and treated the same. Then I get to spend another hour explaining what a bitcoin is and how I payed. Then I get to pay 24% Vat. In essence making the whole effort a huge waste of my time as I could of have picked up similiar goods for roughly the same price locally.

tldr: I tought that a Uk business would ship packages from the Uk, arriving from China instead going to get raped by the local tax authorities.

Hello,
I'm sorry for your disappointment, we ship all our products directly from China as specified in our delivery policy. I don't understand why you had to go to the custom office because the point of using our website instead of making a purchase directly from the manufacturer is that we provide assistance, warranty and you should just pay the import fees to the courier.
Import fees are different (if present) for every country and product type.
Again sorry for your inconvenience but in our delivery policy is clearly indicated that we ship from China and that certain countries are subject to import fees.
Thanks for shopping with us.

Isokivi

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:01:41 PM

Hello,
I'm sorry for your disappointment, we ship all our products directly from China as specified in our delivery policy. I don't understand why you had to go to the custom office because the point of using our website instead of making a purchase directly from the manufacturer is that we provide assistance, warranty and you should just pay the import fees to the courier.
Again sorry for your inconvenience but in our delivery policy is clearly indicated that we ship from China and that certain countries are subject to import fees.
Well actually I can skip the part where I waste my time at a customs office, and I'll propably do that. It just costs me another 31,43€, which can hardly be described as cheap.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:45:52 PM

Hello,
Well actually I can skip the part where I waste my time at a customs office, and I'll propably do that. It just costs me another 31,43€, which can hardly be described as cheap.

Our company is operating this way for many different reasons.

1 If we have to import and resend the items we will have to sell for a higher price

2 Cost of storage in UK is very expensive and we will have to add an extra on the products price

3 If you are not the direct  importer you will have no warranty on your item from the manufacturer

4 The delivery time will be longer

5 in many countries the import fees and tax is extremely low

Our delivery policy and the purpose of our service is clearly explained in the apposite section of our website

http://bitroad.co.uk/content/1-delivery

From your first post it seems that this was unexpected from you but this is not an hidden cost is fully explained in our policy.

Thanks for shipping with us

Isokivi

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:33:22 PM

1 If we have to import and resend the items we will have to sell for a higher price

2 Cost of storage in UK is very expensive and we will have to add an extra on the products price

3 If you are not the direct  importer you will have no warranty on your item from the manufacturer

Our delivery policy and the purpose of our service is clearly explained in the apposite section of our website

From your first post it seems that this was unexpected from you but this is not an hidden cost is fully explained in our policy.

I perfectly understand your reasons, I am only stating that this was a dissapointment to me. Consider this just open (and fiendly) customer feedback.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:41:30 PM

I perfectly understand your reasons, I am only stating that this was a dissapointment to me. Consider this just open (and fiendly) customer feedback.

Our customer feedback is very important to us as it is to explain to you the reasons behind our delivery procedure.
We have also tried an automated expense calculator but the differences between countries and products categories are just to big to provide any estimation.
Do you think we should give more visibility to our delivery policy?
Thanks for your feedback and trust

Isokivi

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:57:57 PM

Our customer feedback is very important to us as it is to explain to you the reasons behind our delivery procedure.
We have also tried an automated expense calculator but the differences between countries and products categories are just to big to provide any estimation.
Yes, the mistake was mine, but your site could be more clear on the issue at hand.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 09:27:23 AM

Yes, the mistake was mine, but your site could be more clear on the issue at hand.
I'll report to the dev team and ask for an indication to be inserted in home page.
Thanks for your feedback

Isokivi

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:57:35 PM

Package recieved, shipping and delivery were very fast. Contense of package is as ordered, or perhaps with an additional case for the tablet I ordered, cba. to check if it belonged to the item. I am happy to reccomend this service.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:56:51 AM

Our new design is finally online, thanks to all the people who made it possible.
Looking forward to an exciting new year.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 10:22:42 AM

a most interesting project indeed Smiley you have some cool products there

Too bad I'm pretty much out of spare funds because of the holidays, but I've bookmarked the site Smiley

If you ever need Dutch translations done, let me know Smiley
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 11:12:19 AM

a most interesting project indeed Smiley you have some cool products there

Too bad I'm pretty much out of spare funds because of the holidays, but I've bookmarked the site Smiley

If you ever need Dutch translations done, let me know Smiley

Thanks for your appreciation, our team has been very busy in the last few months and I'm very pleased of their work.
We always try to source high quality products and keep a reasonable price.
I will keep in mind about your offer but the percentage of Dutch people who speak English is so high that a translation is not planned at the moment.
Thanks for your interest in our project.

Kind regards

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 04:55:45 PM

Hello,

Because of Chinese new year celebrations we will suspend shipping from 29/01 to 04/02.

All orders placed before 27/01 will be processed as usual and delivered in the expected time frame.

Customer service will be active and all order in progress or in transit won't be affected

Thanks

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:22:15 PM

Your site has no SSL, and is suspiciously similar to chinavision.com where most item listings are word for word copies like the ThL-W200.

http://bitroad.co.uk/11561-5-inch-hd-quad-core-15ghz-android-42-phone-thl-w200-1gb-ram-8gb-internal-memory-black.html
http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Phones/Large_Screen_Android_Phones/5_Inch_HD_Quad_Core_1.5GHz_Android_4.2_Phone_ThL_W200_-_1GB_RAM_8GB_Internal_Memory_Black/

This is full of spelling mistakes and suspiciously similar to Chinavision again

Some problems with the Terms And Conditions
"Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures." You don't have SSL, so you violate your own policy.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Your site has no SSL, and is suspiciously similar to chinavision.com where most item listings are word for word copies like the ThL-W200.

http://bitroad.co.uk/11561-5-inch-hd-quad-core-15ghz-android-42-phone-thl-w200-1gb-ram-8gb-internal-memory-black.html
http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Phones/Large_Screen_Android_Phones/5_Inch_HD_Quad_Core_1.5GHz_Android_4.2_Phone_ThL_W200_-_1GB_RAM_8GB_Internal_Memory_Black/

This is full of spelling mistakes and suspiciously similar to Chinavision again

Some problems with the Terms And Conditions
"Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures." You don't have SSL, so you violate your own policy.

Dear moni3z,
Our website shares many products with chinavasion and the descriptions are the same you will find in many marketplaces including ebay.
The SSL is temporary disabled as communicated to our customer base because of server ip works.
Proper security measures are taken to ensure our customer privacy in this period.
We like to understand the reasons behind your criticism with our website which is currently the best service, not only in the Bitcoin economy, providing a direct shipping from Chinese manufacturer.
No other service can match our customer service, warranty and replacement policy as hundreds of customers worldwide can confirm.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

Info available on the website at http://bitroad.co.uk/content/4-about-us
We are also running promotions for the use of BitPay system in real shops currently in Italy and working on other countries
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-integration-partners

Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:41:46 PM

Looks good, I might buy something.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: