Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:55:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin price varies on different Exchange?  (Read 193 times)
tkcoin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:49:51 PM

I assume this question apply to stock market too? Price on coins are different on different Exchange?  However the price difference should not be much, and the price change constantly.  Therefore I should not worry about it?

Coinbase has high fee.
LocalBitcoins has scammer.  Price is set by the seller?  It means price could be very different than market?

Seems like many people use Poloniex, Bittrex?
aestrum

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:56:23 PM

Price differences are normal. They usually reflect fees on deposit/withdrawals as well. So if you try to buy on one exchange, and sell on another, you should also add withdrawal/deposit fees on both exchanges. Once you do that, you usually see that fees will cover all price differences.
psmachado

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:13:49 PM

The main question here is not the "price" but how much you want for your coin. For example, the oficial price can be 11000 but you may want 12000 for your bitcoin, this is why prices on localbitcoins are higher and why the price to buy and sell on exchange is different.
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:56:05 PM

I assume this question apply to stock market too? Price on coins are different on different Exchange?  However the price difference should not be much, and the price change constantly.  Therefore I should not worry about it?

Coinbase has high fee.
LocalBitcoins has scammer.  Price is set by the seller?  It means price could be very different than market?

Seems like many people use Poloniex, Bittrex?

You're talking about arbitrage. There's so much big money in BTC today - institutional investors with tends of course millions plus the experience and software to capitalize - the you can be fairly certain that there isn't any arbitrage opportunities for the little investor.
alexn3620

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:48:23 PM

Yes, most use exchanges. It's convenient, it's fast, courses are always better than in exchangers. But most exchanges are centralized, and this is a problem, because your money is owned by the exchange. At one point they can disappear. Angry Angry Angry There are many examples of similar ones.
trolliban

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:52:03 PM

Basically higher fees mean higher security, low fees should turn a yellow light on you... And yes, fiat currency exchanges also handle different prices for currencies, there will always be slight differences in price
Johann Strauss

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:38:26 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 03:17:18 PM by Johann Strauss

Coinbase has high fee.

There seem to be many factors at play here which account for the price differences between exchanges. For example, at Bitfinex, the Hong-Kong exchange, the Bitcoin prices were a way higher than elsewhere earlier the last year because they had been cut off from fiat channels. People couldn't withdraw fiat and had to buy coins at a premium.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: