Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In the case of a large percentage drop  (Read 812 times)
teejaymuna

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:28:25 PM

You said it all. BTC is resilient, as seen from its history. If the value of BTC drops, I'll stick with BTC because I know I cant know any loss. It's only a matter of time before it will pick up again and I'll smile. I'll always be patient if BTC falls

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:32:54 PM

Hey, what action would you take if a large percentage drop occurs on btc. Would you ride it out with faith it would come back, or cut your loses at a certain point. In the past I've made the mistake of riding stocks down. I'm not comparing btc to stocks just using that as an example of past mistakes. At this point I might be tempted to ride it seeing how Bitcoin bounces back and has proven to be resilient. I don't want to be negative but it's good to look at different sides of investments

Unlike stock exchange, Bitcoin is backed by its community. Meaning the price is driven by the community. As long as the community wants to buy Bitcoin, it's value will remain. Many are hoping for Bitcoin to drop, that is in contrast of stocks. When Bitcoin drops many will just buy some more at a cheaper price. This has been a norm in Bitcoin community so when Bitcoin drops, it will recover with guarantee.
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:47:18 PM

Hey, what action would you take if a large percentage drop occurs on btc. Would you ride it out with faith it would come back, or cut your loses at a certain point. In the past I've made the mistake of riding stocks down. I'm not comparing btc to stocks just using that as an example of past mistakes. At this point I might be tempted to ride it seeing how Bitcoin bounces back and has proven to be resilient. I don't want to be negative but it's good to look at different sides of investments

In most cases, experienced traders and investors out there are hoping for Bitcoin to drop in value. This is for a short while. The reason is that they want Bitcoin to be cheaper at the moment so that they could purchase more Bitcoin at a lower price. So when Bitcoin crashed or drop tremendously in value, buy. Do not hesitate because Bitcoin will recover quickly.

But when the big cash happens investors will wait to buy at an even lower price because let's face it, after the big crash we are going to go into a period of maybe 1 or 2 years of decline in which time BTC will decline back to under $10,000. This is almost guaranteed because this amount of gains cannot be sustained for such long periods of time.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:59:19 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 11:30:59 PM by An0nyMoose

"My USD value rises". You must realize that by the time Bitcoin rises to $100,000 it will be used by everyone therefore you won't even need to cash out your BTC to fiat because you could buy anything with it. It is good that your Bitcoin is earned because it's better to work hard and earn your living then to get it easy where you won't or don't appreciate the money as much as when it's earned through hard work.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
accm092

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:51:23 PM

Well, your decision entirely depends on your outlook towards bitcoin and your risk taking capability. If I see a 30% drop in bitcoin price, I would happily buy more bitcoins to take the benefit of dollar cost averaging method. If I buy at that price, it will average out the buying price to a lower level and the profitability will increase. It will also keep my portfolio risk at a very low level. In one sentence, a large percentage drop will open a new window of opportunity to buy more bitcoins at a lower price point.

that is true, it will only depend on how our decision be made. maybe will look for the trend and hold it until in bounce back.
otherwise cut some bitcoin on your account just to make sure that you still have something if incase that rate is still down.
both decision are risky, it can be taken against us and missed some chances that we do when we do not trust bitcoin before.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:13:34 AM

IMO you should all settle a "stop loss" somewhere, a price you will sell if Bitcoin ever goes down to this price, I chose mine at $5,000 because I bought at $4,000 (so this is not actually a "stop loss" strictly speaking because I am not losing money in this scenario).
The stocks markets taught me that you should never hold something forever.
And try to diversify your assets, you can buy a few altcoins with potential in 2018.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:25:23 AM

Take a risk if you want to earn more but if you will are scared in loosing your capital and money the just sell your bitcoins. We don't know the future of bitcoin. We cannot actually predict that today it will goes up and soon it will goes down. We are just estimating what will happen and its up to us if we will hold or joy to the ride of others.
Mostly, some of beginners in trading are having a panick selling if there is a huge down to the price but the long-term investor are always happy with that scenario.
qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:30:40 AM

If it is a large percentage of the decline, it means that the bear market, if you want to watch may lose more.
spring07

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:48:20 AM

When price dips, it is nothing but good timing meeting with opportunity. It is the best time to buy more, hodl and pray for mooning.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:53:24 AM

FOR me I think that I would cut some of my losses if a considerable of precentage drops drastically but and this is a big but. I would cut my lossess but still ensure that i have enough left to stay steady amidst this and if it goes uo U can resell tl invest again

Y U MAD AT ME
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:56:38 AM

When price dips, it is nothing but good timing meeting with opportunity. It is the best time to buy more, hodl and pray for mooning.
Yes when the price dip it is the best time to buy because we know as the previous trend of price every dip there is a pump that can be reached a new all time high and enable every investors to gain a good profit.

amila_cs

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:00:43 AM

I saw somewhere that if you don't have the nerve to stand the 50% fall, you don't deserve the 500% gain it will have. So always have faith and hold your nerve. We can see many occurrences where BTC falls to a significant low but recovers over time. But you should be smart and manage your risk. Don't be that guy who go all in with BTC with their whole mortgage money

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
darkywis

Activity: 308

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:03:19 AM

For me, if your gaining profit already put some stop loss to prevent more losses and buy again if it drops hard.

awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:30:41 AM

There is no amount of drop that will make me to sell my bitcoin out of panic, panic selling has never helped any body some people say the want to sell to cut loses but not knowing that they are doing so out of inpatients. There was a time bitcoin was around 0.05$ and in a short period it price went as high as $19000 in 2017 so it bitcoin has the capacity to rise that way there is no problem with any amount of drop in price. And am ready to wait for it to rise again because bitcoin has the potential to rise at any point in time.
akiraminai

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:37:41 AM

The drop of bitcoin value is like a good opportunity. I will likely buy many bitcoins and hold it until the time it came back to it's feet and inflate again. These are the gambles that I will surely take on
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 05:20:04 AM

Bitcoin investment and stocks are two different things. Regarding to your question, if there is a large percentage drop into bitcoin I will buy many bitcoins. We can always see that as the price of bitcoin decreases, it will not take a very long time and it will increase again. Bitcoin's price drop attracts more investors to invest in bitcoin, making its price increase.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:35:01 AM

I think the people are wise and they are foresighted in the modern times first they think to the currency after that they invested in this currency So for my information the people will not drop the bitcoin and instead of all this they will choose bitcoin among the other crypto currencies for the businesses and profits. If the large percentage drops then the other people will come to join and buy bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
DexterRock

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:15:44 PM

After such a bull run to 19000USD many people who invested, pulled out their profits. That selling has caused this correction. Besides that the CME is now offering futures contracts on BTC/USD and 02 Jan report shows short positions 2.5 times higher than long. Volume is not high but shows caution to the upside... We'll see what happens next. No panic.
Keihell

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:09:02 PM

Never invest what you cant miss and afford to loose id say.
Riding it out will not worry you that much.
Me myself am planning not to sell when the price goes down.
Id even buy some more eventually... so im even hoping on it a little
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:17:28 PM

Since you used to trade on stocks, it is a must to point out a few things. First of all, investing in bitcoins and crypto currencies in general is totally different and has its own conditions and is probably nothing like what you used to do.

In stocks, price changes are nothing compared to what happens in crypto. If a broker starts losing and goes down by a large amount,  it'll probably stay like that or even take years and years till it recovers back up. Here it's totally different. If a coin goes down, that doesn't mean it's the end. If it has some potential and actually has a purpose it will surely get back up. It might take a few days to few months.

I guess you never saw stocks go up and down by 10% , have you ? Well, here it happens. That's why before you jump in and invest your money you need to understand what you're dealing with. Basically let me tell you a simple small advice according to all my previous experiences. NEVER SELL IN CRYPTO ON A LOSS. Whatever happens, don't do it. One mistake that I fell in a few times is buying btc while it's rising and then selling when it starts going down as I'm afraid of losing my money. Only to find that a month later the price is back up and even higher.

And I'm not just talking about the last month which was totally crazy. I'm talking about stuff from 2015 when I had a few bitcoins at $270 for a coin and sold them for about $250 each. Now talk about REGRETS. That's what I learnt. Since that time, whenever it goes down I buy. It's inevitable that it'll rise.

The wisest thing to do I'd say is buy whatever you want and totally forget about them for at least one year. Then check how much they are. I know it's hard but caring less about the price makes you less anxious and drives the idea of selling at a loss away.
i do not, repeat do not, compare crypto to stocks why do people jump on that's all the time, I was making an analogy, I guess I should always write three times I'm not comparing crypto to stocks instead of once or twice as this always happens I guess people just read bits of things these days
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: