Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:32:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any altcoin that aims for constant price levels?  (Read 514 times)
Metus (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:54:26 PM

We know bitcoin is deflationary and freicoin is essentially inflationary. Is there any altcoin that perpetually creates coins and aims to hold price levels constant so that simply holding coins should theoretically produce no net benefit. I would assume the monetary supply would grow with some kind of measure of economic activity.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 03:28:29 PM

We know bitcoin is deflationary and freicoin is essentially inflationary. Is there any altcoin that perpetually creates coins and aims to hold price levels constant so that simply holding coins should theoretically produce no net benefit. I would assume the monetary supply would grow with some kind of measure of economic activity.

I believe the eMuni system basically has this concept in mind - there would it seems be a small amount of "lag" due to elasticity , but essentially it is aiming for this.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Metus (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:46:35 PM

I believe the eMuni system basically has this concept in mind - there would it seems be a small amount of "lag" due to elasticity , but essentially it is aiming for this.

Can you give me a link?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:18:42 PM

Can you give me a link?

yeah ahh sure its around here somewhere -

http://forum.emunie.com/threads/new-supply-demand-model-interest-and-inflation.111/

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: