Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] EasyWinBuilder - The Easy Way to Build Bitcoin on Windows  (Read 50064 times)
greyman

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:41:31 AM

Hello,
I would like to thanks the EasyWinBuilder creator, it's unbelievable that it works. ;-)

For a reference, this is what I did:

1. Clean install of Win7 x64 Professional to VMWare Player.
2. Unzip EasyWinBuilder to c:\bitcoin-0.8.5-EWB
3. start c:\bitcoin-0.8.5-EWB\contrib\easywinbuilder\__all_easywinbuilder.bat

BTW, might I ask, what steps should I do when I want to build other version of bitcoin src, or use this to build some altcoin? (Dogecoin for example). It is sufficient to just replace the src folder with another source file and recompile?
Apocalipsis

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:56:24 AM

Hello,
I would like to thanks the EasyWinBuilder creator, it's unbelievable that it works. ;-)

BTW, might I ask, what steps should I do when I want to build other version of bitcoin src, or use this to build some altcoin? (Dogecoin for example). It is sufficient to just replace the src folder with another source file and recompile?

You can build any altcoin that you want,BUT scrypt altcoins(litecoin,etc.),won't compile perfectly.(it's from my experience with compiling on EasyWinBuilder)
greyman

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:12:57 AM

You can build any altcoin that you want,BUT scrypt altcoins(litecoin,etc.),won't compile perfectly.(it's from my experience with compiling on EasyWinBuilder)

So what is the proper way to build them on Windows, then?
Apocalipsis

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:25:44 AM

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide&s[
greyman

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:34:04 AM

Uff, seems I can start from scratch then, they even use other folder path to libraries....anyway, why this isn't a part of official documentation, it could speed up the development a lot.
Apocalipsis

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:34:23 AM

Uff, seems I can start from scratch then, they even use other folder path to libraries....anyway, why this isn't a part of official documentation, it could speed up the development a lot.

Because nobody wants new forks)))
phelix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:56:50 PM

Hello,

most scrypt coins work just fine. problem is some altcoin's makefiles / .pro files differ in a few places which needs some adjustment. Latest Litecoin might have some more problems, though.
NilamDoc

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:20:16 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 09:33:38 PM by NilamDoc

@templar77: probably the grumpycoin makefile.mingw is a little bit different from bitcoin/other altcoin so that it can not find the libs. compare it to bitcoin, could be you only need to replace a couple of "=" by "?="

I tried to compile bitcoin 0.8.5 using the EasyWinBuilder script on a fresh Windows 7 32 bit gave the same error as @templar77 got. I did not change any files from bitcoin src.

I changed the set_vars.bat
@set BOOSTSUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-1_54
 to
@set BOOSTSUFFIX=-mgw48-mt-1_54

It was able to build the bitcoind but failed to compile bitcoin-qt

Development Only
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:57:01 PM

@templar77: probably the grumpycoin makefile.mingw is a little bit different from bitcoin/other altcoin so that it can not find the libs. compare it to bitcoin, could be you only need to replace a couple of "=" by "?="

I tried to compile bitcoin 0.8.5 using the EasyWinBuilder script on a fresh Windows 7 32 bit gave the same error as @templar77 got. I did not change any files from bitcoin src.

What can be the reason?
post the whole output
NilamDoc

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:35:23 PM

What can be the reason?
post the whole output

to

Development Only
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:40:27 PM

What can be the reason?
post the whole output

to

That could mean that you are using mingw gcc 4.8 which is bad.  try this on the msys shell (or command line):
>gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.6.2    // <--- this is what it should say

If it says something different then you got the wrong version of mingw installed...

greyman

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:20:05 PM

That could mean that you are using mingw gcc 4.8 which is bad.  try this on the msys shell (or command line):
>gcc --version

If it says something different then you got the wrong version of mingw installed...

Yes I also have this experience, I had installed 4.8 before, and it didn't compile. But what causes this incompatibility of the newer version?
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

>gcc --version

Yes I also have this experience, I had installed 4.8 before, and it didn't compile. But what causes this incompatibility of the newer version?
IIRC:
1. Everything (including all libs) needs to be compiled with the same version
2. Some parts don't compile well with 4.8
NilamDoc

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:49:56 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 01:25:27 PM by NilamDoc

That could mean that you are using mingw gcc 4.8 which is bad.  try this on the msys shell (or command line):
>gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.6.2    // <--- this is what it should say

IIRC:
1. Everything (including all libs) needs to be compiled with the same version
2. Some parts don't compile well with 4.8

After download mingw, I had installed the gcc from the ming menu, which I should not do. I am trying to run the batch file again and check for compile.

I was able to compile both bitcond and bitcoin-qt with a fresh windows 7 x64 version and the script.
https://github.com/phelixbtc/bitcoin/archive/0.8.5-EWB.zip

Excellent work!

Development Only
GeorgeL

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:56:16 AM

Nice tutorial. Perfect work from Phelix.

But still not working for me on my test alt coin.

Can I find here someone who can help me to compile EXE wallet (later MAC and LINUX).

I offer reward in MECs. How about 50 MECs for each wallet?

Thank you and PM me please.

Ich spreche auch Deutsch.
teamhulvat

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

Hi to you all, firstly I want to thanx a lot to help our 3days torturing of compiling qt  Huh
we are almost at the end of it, but our bitcoin-qt.exe wont launch, it just says "program bitcoin-qt.exe stopped working"

To make it work we had to change following first, to overcome ERROR:

to

changed 46 to 48, then procces continued further and both files were created succesfully

OK so heres what we got now:
bitcoind.exe is working fine
but bitcoin-qt.exe stops as said above

any idea?

thanks a lot
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:37:34 PM

Hi to you all, firstly I want to thanx a lot to help our 3days torturing of compiling qt  Huh
we are almost at the end of it, but our bitcoin-qt.exe wont launch, it just says "program bitcoin-qt.exe stopped working"

to

changed 46 to 48, then procces continued further and both files were created succesfully

any idea?

thanks a lot
you got the wrong version of mingw installed. It won't work with mingw 4.8, you need 4.6
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:40:04 PM

There seems to be an issue that leveldb is being compiled without proper multithreading support....  maybe this is causing the crashes on litecoin and some other altcoins. I will try to find the time to take a look at it.
teamhulvat

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

to

any idea?

thanks a lot
you got the wrong version of mingw installed. It won't work with mingw 4.8, you need 4.6

Ok i want to try uninstall mingw 48 and after that instal mingw 46 but now i have an error on building deamon: libwinpthread-1.dll is mising

I thing the best way will be new clear windows instalation and next try to do everything again.

But i´m not sure how to install mingw 46, if i download installer, it want automaticly install mingw 48. Can you help me how to do it?

Thank you a lot :-)
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:20:20 PM

to

any idea?

thanks a lot

Ok i want to try uninstall mingw 48 and after that instal mingw 46 but now i have an error on building deamon: libwinpthread-1.dll is mising

I thing the best way will be new clear windows instalation and next try to do everything again.

But i´m not sure how to install mingw 46, if i download installer, it want automaticly install mingw 48. Can you help me how to do it?

Thank you a lot :-)
on the second window of the installer you must deactivate the checkbox (as it says in the text in the cmd box)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: