Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:14:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are the dummies buying coins as soon as they come out ?  (Read 513 times)
fenican (OP)

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:02:22 PM

It seems that for every slightly innovative new coin there are a swarm of naive "investors" willing to pay a 50x premium for the coin relative to where it will ever trade on an exchange.

Why do they do this?  Is this a form of charity?

Or are they just dumb ?

Latest example is primecoin.  Why are people paying 10 LTC for coins that some guy minted in one night on an i5?  Guys - the value of that much compute power is maddeningly close to zero.  You're getting ripped off
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:19:07 PM

It seems that for every slightly innovative new coin there are a swarm of naive "investors" willing to pay a 50x premium for the coin relative to where it will ever trade on an exchange.

Or are they just dumb ?

Latest example is primecoin.  Why are people paying 10 LTC for coins that some guy minted in one night on an i5?  Guys - the value of that much compute power is maddeningly close to zero.  You're getting ripped off

And... where is the problem?... this is the free market base... Whether I have a product and another one have money to buy that product and both decide a good arrangement... I ask you... where is the problem?
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:27:24 PM

Your argument is spot on for clones, cloners, scryptclones, PoSclones, (*nearly* every coin released in the last 8 weeks) but XPM is something BRAND NEW from a well known developer who already has a "major" currency in the wild.

I'd say its worth speculating on, much more so than most!
daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:30:33 PM

Or are they just dumb ?

Latest example is primecoin.  Why are people paying 10 LTC for coins that some guy minted in one night on an i5?  Guys - the value of that much compute power is maddeningly close to zero.  You're getting ripped off

i asking you... is your money what they are spending on it???

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:31:02 PM

Or are they just dumb ?

Latest example is primecoin.  Why are people paying 10 LTC for coins that some guy minted in one night on an i5?  Guys - the value of that much compute power is maddeningly close to zero.  You're getting ripped off

Hilarious post, quite the inner struggle you are having..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: