Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:58:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Warning - Unproven, Untested, Overrated  (Read 369 times)
Sachinist (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:39:59 AM

Funny seeing so many sheep following green arrows like a bounteous alpine farm without doing any research whatsoever  Grin

First of all, IOTA is a great new idea but that's all it is right now. It's an idea and the network is still reliant on a 'co-ordinator' based on proof of work.

What this means that the IOTA network is centralized in operation. Thus far, there has been ABSOLUTELY NO proof that IOTA can function as a distributed decentralized network.

There are some pretty damning accusations that the developers rigged the coding in a way that allows them to spend anyone's coins but I won't go into that.

Bottomline is IOTA is completely unproven, untested and centralized right now. There is absolutely no proof that it will work or even if it works whether the network can ever be secure.

Also, they didn't 'partner' with microsoft but microsoft and other companies simply offered to test out an IOT implementation for data sharing with their devices.

Full disclosure - I bought 100 MIOTA, not because I believe in IOTA but I believe in the great uneducated masses to turn me a profit of 5000% before I cash out on that tiny risk-free investment.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:42:48 AM

Speculation is interesting. When IOTA is on a rally, nobody cares about IOTA's "wrong balance" problem any more. And when the price is down, everybody will start to yell the same old problem again and again.

bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:54:13 AM

I sold my iota. I took a bit of profit. Could have been higher but I'm happy with any profit. Enough to pay my rent for a month. I'll wait for another dip and buy in. Realized profits are better than fictional risky profits. I trade with btc, so either way, I win since btc just keeps going up against the $. The goal is to gain btc, not $.
About fake news seem like people don't care about it when price crazy go up and it seem the reason make Binance crash.

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:52:13 PM

I think this is the wrong position. IOTA is not overrated; I would say that it is underestimated even! Yes, it cannot be mined (IOTA is a P2P network consisting of machines), but it is traded perfectly and it is an alt to make investments into. IMHO
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:02:52 PM

I don't know why people regard every single rising altcoin like something that will revolutionize the crypto environment forever. It's just an altcoin that is going up right now, nothing less and nothing more. So invest if you like, follow the trends and cash out whenever you are in the green.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: