Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You sold your BTC today for $15 but tomorrow your BTC will be selling for $50.  (Read 4048 times)
slippyrocks (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

respecttheslider

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:58:10 AM

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:03:52 AM

lol
killer2021

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:12:00 AM

and i bought them  Grin Grin

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
digigalt

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:16:20 AM

I'm by no means a bitcoin troll, but there's absolutely nothing to substantiate the claim that bitcoin will rise to $30 let alone $50. We've obviously seen $30 before but I don't think we'll see it again - at least not for a while.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:37:15 AM

Yeah we deffinatly need bussiness that are trustable, reailable and provide a constant service to stablize the worth of bitcoins. All these one dollar Candy, or alpacha socks wont cut it, That just backs up the bitcoins a couple of bucks.More Retailers!!!
qualia8

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:41:57 AM

Yeah we deffinatly need bussiness that are trustable, reailable and provide a constant service to stablize the worth of bitcoins. All these one dollar Candy, or alpacha socks wont cut it, That just backs up the bitcoins a couple of bucks.More Retailers!!!

hey, don't knock the socks!  just got my first pair today and they are darn comfy!

$50 tomorrow?  If by 'tomorrow' you mean an indefinite period of time within a range of five years, i'm with you!
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:46:04 AM

Once the gambling industry gets in gear I'm sure there will be nothing to worry about.  I bet there are lots of gears turning behind the scenes.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:46:39 AM

nakowa

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:49:41 AM

I even speculate that someday in the future one BTC worth $1000...

HOWEVER, I don't understand why can't other sell BTC now?
killer2021

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:55:27 AM

I'm by no means a bitcoin troll, but there's absolutely nothing to substantiate the claim that bitcoin will rise to $30 let alone $50. We've obviously seen $30 before but I don't think we'll see it again - at least not for a while.

Well, the fact of the matter is that bitcoin is based entirely on supply/demand moving the price up or down. So you saying that the price probably won't reach 30 or 50 is the same as saying it will reach 30 or 50. There is nothing to substantiate either claim.

As more people use bitcoin, price will go up.

As more people leave bitcoin, price will go down.

More or less.

As for my personal view, I believe that bitcoin has alot of upward movement potential to it.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
hawks5999

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 06:56:00 AM

hey, don't knock the socks!  just got my first pair today and they are darn comfy!

$50 tomorrow?  If by 'tomorrow' you mean an indefinite period of time within a range of five years, i'm with you!

I think that kind of prediction should officially be referred to as a "Nagle" on the bitcoin forums.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:09:40 AM

Once the gambling industry gets in gear I'm sure there will be nothing to worry about.  I bet there are lots of gears turning behind the scenes.

Not trying to hate but my point was mainly products and services that people would regularly purchase with fiat/credit cards. Such as major electronics HD TV, monitors, stereo systems, home appliances(blenders, power mixers, maybe lightbulbs?), uhh lets see what else... Idk but things that will "backup" the currency to a set BTC rate.

If we had retailers like the omes stated above they could have a set BTC price that would change at the most of 6 month intervals, this in theory would back up the btc back to the standard it was ment to be backed by which is actuall worth.

So lets say i sell a pretty good computer for 53 BTC if bitcoins conversion rate drops to $10 or even $5 the price would stay the same at rate of 53BTC. BUT XENLAND, THEN PEOPLE COULD BUY IT FOR CHEAPER!!

Yeah so what? The products are allready invested for the next 6 months so it depends on when the supplier cashes out(if the supplyer needs to, maybe one day everything will be spent/bought bitcoins so suppliers could pay and purchase their products from wholesalers in bulk for cheap prices).

If more btc bussiness had this model the bitcoins would stablize becuase their would be less conversions and more bitcoin cash flow between the bitcoin adoptors.

Respect. Tell me what your opionion is on this theory becuase ive been seriously poundering about it for a couple of months
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:19:46 AM

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:29:07 AM

We need that a lot of Bitcoins be sold at $17 or less. We need them to be spread among others. So, hoarders, let them pass! .. Smiley

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:30:39 AM

I Lol'ed

cmh

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:36:19 AM

Bitcoin value should go up because it can be used to make anonymous, untraceable transactions on the internet. There is really no other way to do that right now. Only a small fraction of people (us) even know about bitcoins. Demand will definitely go up. Supply is limited. Price going up. Yay! Any professional economists to confirm?

Being able to buy socks and toothpaste with bitcoins won't make any difference for the value of bitcoin. People can just use $'s for that.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:55:21 AM

Bitcoin value should go up because it can be used to make anonymous, untraceable transactions on the internet. There is really no other way to do that right now. Only a small fraction of people (us) even know about bitcoins. Demand will definitely go up. Supply is limited. Price going up. Yay! Any professional economists to confirm?
Being able to buy socks and toothpaste with bitcoins won't make any difference for the value of bitcoin. People can just use $'s for that.

Was going to bold some of that text, but its all relevant.

Once the price becomes more stable (as it seems to be doing) and converting BTC back to your local currency becomes more transparent to the user, then more people will take advantage of holding bitcoins for virtual transactions as opposed to paying service, transaction and exchange fees charged by the current organizations.

The price will not go anywhere near $30 for a while, as the network is over saturated with miners (like myself) who still need to cash out to cover hardware and electricity costs. Once mining becomes no longer profitable, then we will a drop in the influx of cheap bitcoins, and so long as as they become more widely accepted, then we will see their value slowly increase.
chungy

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:04:04 AM

I even speculate that someday in the future one BTC worth $1000...

HOWEVER, I don't understand why can't other sell BTC now?
One day in the future (assuming Bitcoin doesn't crash and burn), it'll be meaningless to even speculate how much Bitcoins are worth compared to the US dollar, or any other currency.  It would be akin to buying $1 USD for $10 ZWD and thinking it's a great value because 3 months later, you can return that $1 USD for $1,000,000,000,000 ZWD.  Tongue

As in, when Bitcoin becomes the worldwide currency everywhere, other currencies, that are still hanging around, would be effectively worthless.
Justsomeforumuser

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:18:22 AM

I'm willing to not just sell all my current BTC (all three of them!) for 50$, but I will also promise to sell you the next 20 BTC I will / would mine for that fixed price, regardless of whether it goes over 50$.

I would also promise to only ever sell to you and at that price for the next 12 months should I manage to exceed 20 BTC generation in that timeframe.

Offer to you, and everyone else in the BTC community. Like a futures trade.

Ah what the heck, I'd even do it for 40$, just to give you that 10$ extra cream on top that is in the thread title.

Any takers?

Ho-Hum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: