Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still looking on charts?  (Read 1788 times)
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:13:02 PM

Look on the news instead:

Great news from Africa:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250027.0

Good news from China:
http://www.bitcoin-journal.com/the-chinese-bitcoin-economy-are-the-hundred-flowers-here-to-stay/

Good news for Bitcoin from Argentinia:
http://forexmagnates.com/bitcoins-soar-in-value-in-argentina-due-to-capital-control-laws-bitcoin-meetup-held-in-nations-capital/

Good news from Germany:
bitcoin.de is making good progress in forming a partnership with a bank
www.bitcoin.de

Good news from UK:
http://www.coindesk.com/hmrc-uk-bitcoin-exchanges-dont-have-to-register-under-money-laundering-regulations/

Promising news from the US:
The ETF plans from the Winklevoss brothers

But please refer to some TA to tell it may be a downtrend reversal.

Up we go again :3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:18:33 PM

Or not  Wink

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:18:39 PM

this is good indication but doesn't say exactly how much more valuable bitcoin is (or is going to be).

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:20:33 PM

Great news from Africa: ... Good news from China: ... Good news for Bitcoin from Argentinia: ... Good news from Germany: ... Good news from UK: ... Promising news from the US: ...

TA: The current trend will continue until it stops. At that point a new trend will form.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:28:00 PM

Nobody cares about news, its all about TA. (No seriously)

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:28:33 PM

Great news from Africa: ... Good news from China: ... Good news for Bitcoin from Argentinia: ... Good news from Germany: ... Good news from UK: ... Promising news from the US: ...

TA: The current trend will continue until it stops. At that point a new trend will form.

The good news is that that method never fails.
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:29:26 PM

You'd be surprised how many people will get mad at you if you say that.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:02:37 PM

I have been looking at all of these same news articles and thinking the same thing.  I am surprised that Bitcoin has not risen substantially from the positive news right now, but I guess it takes time for these things to catch up.  Also, people are probably too emotional about the drop in price and cautious about buying in again waiting to see if the price is going to move back up or down further.  I think some people will be disappointed when they are not able to buy back in lower though.  There is some great things happening and any of these things could cause a huge jump in price, perhaps one that will cause the price to never fall below triple digits again.  Just my thoughts.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
monkeybars

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:27:35 PM

I have been looking at all of these same news articles and thinking the same thing.  I am surprised that Bitcoin has not risen substantially from the positive news right now, but I guess it takes time for these things to catch up.  Also, people are probably too emotional about the drop in price and cautious about buying in again waiting to see if the price is going to move back up or down further.  I think some people will be disappointed when they are not able to buy back in lower though.  There is some great things happening and any of these things could cause a huge jump in price, perhaps one that will cause the price to never fall below triple digits again.  Just my thoughts.

The price is rising. Remember, in order to maintain an even price, due to mining, BTC has to beat its built-in 16% inflation. (Admittedly, the dollar is inflating too so it's jelly all around.)
zhangweiwu

Activity: 313

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:31:00 PM

Ah, what is TA? did a search in this forum; found no explanation.

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
marvinrouge

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:32:08 PM

technical analysis

looking at charts and predict with some effective techniques where will the price of BTC in the future
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:59:43 PM

I just don't see it. I mean, I'm holding some coins and I really want to see it. But I don't.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:22:47 AM

Technical Analysis. People think they can look at charts and draw lines and triangles on them with Fibonacci bands and which is only using past price action to predict the future. It's a self-reinforcing/confirming voodoo imo.

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:03:23 AM

@OP
So you're saying the Fundamental Analysis (FA) is good, why isn't the price moving, = buying opportunity, the liquidity in the market is created mostly by the TA traders, who overlook these FA.

[tinfoil hat] There are also the market manipulators, who are managing the distribution of Bitcoin they have deep pockets and have reasons for manipulating the price / managing making there wealth [/tinfoil hat]

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:14:21 AM

Technical Analysis. People think they can look at charts and draw lines and triangles on them with Fibonacci bands and which is only using past price action to predict the future. It's a self-reinforcing/confirming voodoo imo.

+1 because of course history repeats itself but not always, or rather sometimes does. One cant predict if someone is going to buy suddenly 10k bitcoins only looking at charts. That's why i think its stupid.

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:06:33 AM

+1 because of course history repeats itself but not always, or rather sometimes does. One cant predict if someone is going to buy suddenly 10k bitcoins only looking at charts. That's why i think its stupid.
I feel BTC is better choice for us to saving ,as I wrote this the exchange rate of GBP is new record low....and no signal show the trend will be reversed
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:58:25 PM

I have been looking at all of these same news articles and thinking the same thing.  I am surprised that Bitcoin has not risen substantially from the positive news right now, but I guess it takes time for these things to catch up.  Also, people are probably too emotional about the drop in price and cautious about buying in again waiting to see if the price is going to move back up or down further.  I think some people will be disappointed when they are not able to buy back in lower though.  There is some great things happening and any of these things could cause a huge jump in price, perhaps one that will cause the price to never fall below triple digits again.  Just my thoughts.

The price is rising. Remember, in order to maintain an even price, due to mining, BTC has to beat its built-in 16% inflation. (Admittedly, the dollar is inflating too so it's jelly all around.)

Bitcoin monetary inflation is down to around 11.5% right now, but your point is correct that it is still higher than the base USD inflation, and likely will be until at least the next halving (2017).

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:26:57 PM

So you're saying the Fundamental Analysis (FA) is good, why isn't the price moving[...]
Here we go, the giant $80 wall just broke.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:40:27 PM

Great news from Africa:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250027.0

Good news from China:
http://www.bitcoin-journal.com/the-chinese-bitcoin-economy-are-the-hundred-flowers-here-to-stay/

Good news for Bitcoin from Argentinia:
http://forexmagnates.com/bitcoins-soar-in-value-in-argentina-due-to-capital-control-laws-bitcoin-meetup-held-in-nations-capital/

Good news from Germany:
bitcoin.de is making good progress in forming a partnership with a bank
www.bitcoin.de

Good news from UK:
http://www.coindesk.com/hmrc-uk-bitcoin-exchanges-dont-have-to-register-under-money-laundering-regulations/

Promising news from the US:
The ETF plans from the Winklevoss brothers

+ 1

(but in the last weeks price went down despite of large media coverage and good news)
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

I have been looking at all of these same news articles and thinking the same thing.  I am surprised that Bitcoin has not risen substantially from the positive news right now, but I guess it takes time for these things to catch up.  Also, people are probably too emotional about the drop in price and cautious about buying in again waiting to see if the price is going to move back up or down further.  I think some people will be disappointed when they are not able to buy back in lower though.  There is some great things happening and any of these things could cause a huge jump in price, perhaps one that will cause the price to never fall below triple digits again.  Just my thoughts.

Bitcoin monetary inflation is down to around 11.5% right now, but your point is correct that it is still higher than the base USD inflation, and likely will be until at least the next halving (2017).

I had the same thoughts about that 11.5% inflation when I first look into it... but in later time when I think it again ,I feel nothing should worry about it ,since the fundamental of BTC is about less than 50K of people, it has numerous spacing for its to growth, and assume that 11% of its users base been increase with a year then it will be roughly eliminating the effect of inflation, and from self of view that this 11% increase of users base are 100% will be exceed ,thereby no inflation ,and still deflation.
As BTC is different then Fiats ,fiats relatively have roughly fixed users basis and BTC isn't...We can't compare those two different thing within the same theory.

Sorry for my poor English.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: