Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Women in the cryptocurrency industry  (Read 2527 times)
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:47:35 PM

Every so often I run into an article that talks about how few women are involved in this industry compared to men. My suspicion is that there are more women involved than anyone realizes; they're just not putting their gender front and center.

What do you all think?

https://moneyish.com/ish/all-the-reasons-why-women-can-be-the-future-of-cryptocurrency/

There is no way to measure gender involvement in the cryptocurrency world,except through assumption,I feel women involvement in tge IT space is low that migth be the reason for the assumption.

Bingo, plus men are usually bigger risk takers than women and as much as a lot of us feel bitcoin is a safe investment it most certainly is not. Women are on average more risk averse than men.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maxnetlabs

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:48:40 PM

Cryptocurrency is open/legal for both men and women. Its the personal interest
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:51:05 PM

The only woman I ever saw involved in Bitcoin had the BTC symbol shaved into her pubes.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
pootutus

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:03:01 PM

Usually in a new industry, men occupy the majority. This may be the more aggressive behavior of men. Women spend more time in their lives and their own families. In addition, in the encrypted currency circle, the IT industry is most closely related to it, while men in the IT industry have a very high proportion.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:17:56 PM

I think when bitcoin has started majority of the community member are men it is because crypto currencies before are more involved in activities more suitable for men but now as the market of crypto evolved womens got interested and started to join some of the activities with regards to earning bitcoin and I'm sure by this almost half of the population are women

xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:35:29 PM

There are not many women in tech industry in general. It is caused by many factors. More and more women start to become interested in technology. It is still very common to see men mocking women who are on engineering studies. I have no idea why would anyone think that women are less intelligent than men. Cryptocurrencies are still a fresh topic so no wonder why there are not many women. Even on Bitcointalk most users are men.
rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:49:17 PM

Why is this even an issue or a thought?  This is the 21st century and let there be no doubt women drive western society. Every bitcoin you own will eventually end up in a woman's hand, stop the shameless gynocentrism.
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:49:59 PM

On my opinion woman are more calm person and they don't try to show their power and etc they just doing money and that it but on my opinion there is more boys then girls

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
sgenuine

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:26:40 AM

Every so often I run into an article that talks about how few women are involved in this industry compared to men. My suspicion is that there are more women involved than anyone realizes; they're just not putting their gender front and center.

What do you all think?

https://moneyish.com/ish/all-the-reasons-why-women-can-be-the-future-of-cryptocurrency/

Women also have good analytical, computer skills and often more attentive than men. Only bound that I see is that women aren’t so risky like the guys so that’s why many of them don’t like business including cryptocurrencies.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:34:23 AM

What do you all think?

defenitely there's nothing arguments regarding wowen involving in the cryptocurrency, i think who to learn about crypto and have interest,
any kind of people know how the bitcoin as new currency are welcome.

I have to agree both. yes I am also a woman that loves cryptocurrency. I think there are lots of women here because moms who are only at home.taking care of their children has a great opportunity in bitcoin as they can be at home with their kids at th same time.earning extra income. but whoever we are women or men it doesn't matter as long as we are earning for our family. gender is not important in cryptocurrency business.
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:55:26 AM

I think cryptocurrency sees no gender. As long as you are interested on cryptos you are welcome to this business. Those are just assumptios that there are more men than women.
I am a woman and I am into bitcoin, soooo much. I am not a person who knows a lot about IT but I think what important is you understand how things work to make your own strategies.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:04:33 AM

What do you all think?

The world of Cryptocurrency doesn't really sideline the gender but will say it is a matter of personal interest. Ladies are mostly interested in the spendings and having businesses done physically. I do think and believe that most ladies' perception about bitcoin is abstract and this dispels them  off. I just tried relating it to my wife And sister as an illustration but they saw it really clumsy. I have leveraged on their ability to be phone lovers and blog readers which will help them in continuity.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:09:29 AM

Its not matter even theres more women or men on this industry. What matters most is that more and more people are being helped on their financial needs after joining bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
rfouziha

Activity: 160
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:10:52 AM

Women in the cryptocurrency industry is in big quantity only. Actually it is very comfortable job profile for them no need to travel stay at home and do this at their comfort. Main thing is the comfort timing I believe that most of the women in bitcoin forum they are doing it.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:13:14 AM

What do you all think?

I agree with you that many women involved in cryptocurrency industry but they not just put their gender in front and center.  Maybe, because still many culture treat women inferior than men.  But, the good thing is in crypto world, it sees no gender.  It gives equal opportunity to everyone. I am one of those many women whose benefited from this equal opportunity given by bitcoin and I really appreciate it.
Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:17:00 AM

In the recent reports and in news it was revealed that women's are not much interested in cryptocurrencies compared to men

Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:18:14 AM

This is not even a deal to have a deal with. Womens is also human so why bothered if women are in this such thing? This is work and there are no requirements or agreement that only mens are allowed to have work to earn bitcoin. We have to respect each other. Also, it might be more women are working on this or even investing and this. Who knows? We do not need to compare ourselves to them for the sake of bitcoin because again I repeat women are also humans and there are no requirements that only men are allowed to work for this. Respect, Grind, Gratitude.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

In the recent reports and in news it was revealed that women's are not much interested in cryptocurrencies compared to men
May be its because women doesn't know how to use cryptocurrenct. If there would be project like discount in parlor services or discount in products of they buy it using crypto, then Im sure that more women will get involve in the industry.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
wiser (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:13:58 AM

Interesting to read all your opinions.

I agree that there are more women involved in cryptocurrencies than most people think, and that they don't necessarily advertise their gender.

I agree that it shouldn't really matter, though it's interesting.

In my case, I picked a gender neutral handle (not deliberately as I chose my handle for other reasons). I got called "mate" and "he" a lot, and for the most part it wasn't really relevant to try to correct it.

Generally men are more interested in technology, coding, that sort of thing, and in that regard I'm not the exception. However, when it comes to the relational aspect of cryptocurrency, we women have an advantage. We tend to make connections because we're naturally relational and that gives us an edge over those who tend to be more narrowly focused on the technology.

It's also definitely true that cryptocurrencies provide an opportunity for income that is well suited for the stay at home mom. I personally have done all my crypto money making online. I've never gone to any sort of meetup, and I've worked it around my schedule which includes family and work and plenty of home management.

I personally never experienced any sort of discrimination or other kind of mistreatment for being a woman in this space. The only exception to this has been that I've occasionally been sent inappropriate pictures of sexualized women from men who undoubtedly thought I was a man and one who would enjoy such pics. Thankfully, most of the people I've encountered here of either gender are way more professional than that.

One of my favorite coins is DMD Diamond, so I do like to tell folks that Diamonds are a girl's best friend Smiley
errol94

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:44:30 AM

Women are less likely to take risks. This may be a good thing though. Read this journal "Gender Differences in Risk Assessment: Why do Women Take
Fewer Risks than Men?" http://journal.sjdm.org/jdm06016.pdf. If you don't want to, here's the abstract

"Across many real-world domains, men engage in more risky behaviors than do women. To examine some of the
beliefs and preferences that underlie this difference, 657 participants assessed their likelihood of engaging in various
risky activities relating to four different domains (gambling, health, recreation, and social), and reported their perceptions
of (1) probability of negative outcomes, (2) severity of potential negative outcomes, and (3) enjoyment expected from
the risky activities. Women’s greater perceived likelihood of negative outcomes and lesser expectation of enjoyment
partially mediated their lower propensity toward risky choices in gambling, recreation, and health domains. Perceptions
of severity of potential outcomes was a partial mediator in the gambling and health domains. The genders did not differ
in their propensity towards taking social risks. A fifth domain of activities associated with high potential payoffs and
fixed minor costs was also assessed. In contrast to other domains, women reported being more likely to engage in
behaviors in this domain. This gender difference was partially mediated by women’s more optimistic judgments of the
probability of good outcomes and of outcomes being more intensely positive."
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: