Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:40:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO you think RIPPLE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE ??  (Read 2980 times)
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:09:21 AM

Is the rippleUSD on Bitcoin Charts the ripple system?

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/USD.html

173 BTC traded in the last 30 days is not very much...

Use ripplecharts.com

although XRP value is pretty much sinking to the ground atm.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 12:29:41 PM

I have a question about the operation of Ripple for the purpose of cross-chain-trading.

Suppose I have BTC in my wallet and want to send it to someone 'conditionally' on them sending me Bitstamp.BTC  without having to trust any other party other than BitStamp once the transaction is complete.

I don't want to go first because I don't trust them.  They don't want to go first because they don't trust me. 

So I want to implement atomic cross-chain trading with Ripple.    Is this possible and what would be involved?

You get bitstamp.BTC from bitstamp. You can send them to any bitcoun address from you ripple wallet.

P.S. It is much better to ask ripple related questions on ripple forum.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:24:24 PM

far too early to say it is not even open beta yet
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:09:00 PM

Only time will tell.

Disclaimer: I'm an OpenCoin employee (since July 9, 2013)

But of course they hired you...because they are smart enough to know talent.  Congrats bro and I mean that!  It's continued good decisions like this that amplify my belief in OpenCoin.

On topic...In my view, one of the biggest hangups for many bitcoiners, is they are unable to view Ripple from any view point other than BTC vs XRP.  Ripple is so much bigger than one currency.  Sure it contains a built in currency to prevent spam and sure, that currency may or may not be valuable one day.  But unlike BTC, XRP does not have to be valuable for the Ripple network to be successful.  In fact, it doesn't matter at all, what the value of XRP is, as it relates to the Ripple network.  

Ripple is a payment network, a protocol that will transform payment rails forever.  It will fundamentally change the way we transact with currencies and each other.  In addition, it will provide the legitimacy and mass adoption, single crypto-currencies will likely never achieve on their own.  

Me being able to pay a vendor or business in crypto and them receive funds in any fiat currency they choose, is simply amazing.  And all in seconds.  Not minutes or hours.  Now average Joe user, doesn't ever need to actually learn or even deal in crypto, but crypto users benefit from the ability to transact with any business connected to the network, regardless of that business' stand on crypto.  

It continues to be my view that naysayer Bitcoiners are going to look at their BTC wallets soon and thank Ripple.   Wink

Disclaimer:  Ripple is AWESOME!

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:08:03 AM

Ripple makes that possible if it gets accepted ubiquitously. In my opinion, the big financial-service brands ought to feel about ripple the way the record labels felt about Napster.

I love Ripple.

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: