Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft 2 Tournament  (Read 1484 times)
MasonIII (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:04:53 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2011, 08:34:00 AM by MasonIII

Hey, I had been thinking of this, but was inspired in the end by the crysis 2 tournament post.  How many people would be interested in a sc2 tournament?  

Tournament Style:

Round 1:  Round-Robins with either 2 or 4 groups.  If it is 2 groups, then top 2 people per group move up, if it is 4 groups then top person from each group moves up.  These will be best of 3, replays will be sent to me for verification.

Semifinals: Best of 5, loser chooses the map.

Finals: Best of 7, winner gets 60% of the total pot, loser gets 30%.

I'm thinking of 0.5-1.0 BTC for entry/buy-in costs but that could go up or down.  Finals winner would get 60% of the total entry amount, the 2nd place winner would get 30% and I'd get 10% for hosting, verifying games, and running the tournament.  

All of these numbers are just ballpark estimates depending on how responsive people are to this.  If you are interested or have comments, just leave a post or something and if enough people are interested, I'll get everything set-up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gade202

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:05:25 PM

I'd be interested! Grin

anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:36:25 PM

Announce this on teamliquid.net and see who you get. I'd imagine a lot of them would love to play for money.

I'd definitely be interested in watching Cheesy

MasonIII (OP)

Activity: 328

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:11:53 PM

Ahaha, how many on TLO would have bitcoins though?  I don't really want to deal with actual cash.... leads to problems possibly and stuff. Not a bad idea though.
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:41:07 PM

You'd be surprised about TL and bitcoins:

I sponsored a tournament on TL (with prize in bitcoins) and they were ok with it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=190866

Pretty funny that he 25 BTC prize for 5th to 8th is now worth more than 2nd place of that tournament, haha.

And if you want to bet on GSL, check out BTCSportsBet.com   Grin
bitbetter

Activity: 70

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 02:00:13 PM

Hey, I had been thinking of this, but was inspired in the end by the crysis 2 tournament post.  How many people would be interested in a sc2 tournament?  

Tournament Style:

Round 1:  Round-Robins with either 2 or 4 groups.  If it is 2 groups, then top 2 people per group move up, if it is 4 groups then top person from each group moves up.  These will be best of 3, replays will be sent to me for verification.

Semifinals: Best of 5, loser chooses the map.

Finals: Best of 7, winner gets 60% of the total pot, loser gets 30%.

I'm thinking of 0.5-1.0 BTC for entry/buy-in costs but that could go up or down.  Finals winner would get 60% of the total entry amount, the 2nd place winner would get 30% and I'd get 10% for hosting, verifying games, and running the tournament.  

All of these numbers are just ballpark estimates depending on how responsive people are to this.  If you are interested or have comments, just leave a post or something and if enough people are interested, I'll get everything set-up.

I posted this in the Crysis post as well. I'm working on a site that would make it easier to set up games like this. There is a calendar where you can schedule the games, set your availability, all sorts of fun stuff. Come give us a look-see, it's free! I can set you up a hosting account if you PM me here or just fill out the form on the site. Hope you guys utilize this resource!!

We are adding a dedicated bitcoin wallet for the hosts, but right now we are using instawallet for the buy-ins. However, you can use whatever service you like obviously.

http://bitpoker.biz

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
done

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:36:39 PM

Starcraft 2 very cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: