Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant have I been scammed ?  (Read 462 times)
Tenderribbs (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:38:02 PM

Hello

I'm new to the board so a big hello to all of you ! Well I'm also new to bitcoins as a matter of fact I sent my first money-gram to Bitinstant about four days ago. In their defense I did enter the wallet address wrong so I had to email them the correct address but haven't heard from them and they won't reply to my emails. If you guys have any advice I would appreciate the help. Peace
firstlast

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:16:03 PM

Wallet addresses use a checksum, so it's almost impossible for a typo to produce a valid address. You're most likely okay.
Tenderribbs (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:17:16 AM

Thanks  for the reply . They did send an email the day after saying the transaction had failed so I sent The correct wallet address.  It's been almost 5 days now and they won't reply to my emails. I'm going to just try and forget about it there's nothing I can do anyways . I was just wondering if they were reputable . Thanks again
tesselate

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:57:57 AM

Yeah 5 days means they're probably lost forever
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:01:56 AM

I haven't used them personally.  But i know a lot have.  I would try their support again.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:14:07 AM

Caught in the same trap right now.  I've used them several times for quite a bit of USD, and this is the only time I've had a problem.  The lack of communication is reprehensible.  I'm already setting up other accounts to use once these shenanigans are over.

It's certainly related to their Mt.Gox issue that's posted on the website, and as evidenced by expanding your "Pending" order on the account page.  Dozens of "Mt.Gox Transfer Errors" under the order details.

:speculation mode:
Probably a lot of buying into the recent dip - orders were placed at or near the recent bottom (Friday/Saturday).  BitInstant either didn't didn't have funds in place at Mt.Gox, or are stuck waiting for a funds transfer to occur.  Once their stock BTC got wiped, they had no choice but to pull the plug to protect themselves from rising prices.  

After their funds go through, they'll fill most, if not all of the backlogged orders at the now higher price.  
:speculation mode off:

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: