Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Rig/Hi-performace machine  (Read 943 times)
fishy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:40:02 PM

Here's my proposed mining rig, with suggestions from the community from my previous thread.
What do you think?  Please post any comments, suggestions, concerns, etc.
This is probably not going to be for BTC, more for other alts which then I will convert into BTC.
GPU mining is pretty much dead for BTC now.. Undecided

Seagate Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB Hard Drive

MSI Z77A-G65 Z77 Intel Motherboard
can run 6 gpus issue free

6x AMD 7950 cards

Intel i7 CPU
(to mine primecoin and other cpu-only coins)

8GB RAM
(for scrypt mining)

Powered Riser cables

2x Industrial Box Fans

OS - Windows 8 (supports 6 GPUs and has better drivers)
or Linux?

Also, anyone know of a good PSU that can support all that hardware?
Enermax Platimax 1500W?

Thank you!

Also, do I need heatsinks or a case?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 11:44:23 PM

I would not spend that amount of cash for a GPU rig right now, save your money and either buy BTC directly through something like coinbase or buy into a asic group buy or buy 10 or mh/s equiv of usb miners.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
fishy (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:55:06 PM

I would not spend that amount of cash for a GPU rig right now, save your money and either buy BTC directly through something like coinbase or buy into a asic group buy or buy 10 or mh/s equiv of usb miners.

What about alt mining?
Based on the calculator with 1300 kh/s I would make about $1300 a year, LTC mining.
So about 3 years to get an ROI with LTC.

Alt mining may be more profitable

btceic

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:05:45 AM

What about alt mining?
Based on the calculator with 1300 kh/s I would make about $1300 a year, LTC mining.

Your not taking into consideration the cost of running that rig (figure at least $100.00 per month in electricity for 6 GPU's) or the increase in difficulty (whatever the crypto currency of choice is) when all of the current GPU rigs/farms move to LTC when ever the hell our ASIC's get to us in the next 2-5 months.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
fishy (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:57:34 AM

What about alt mining?

Your not taking into consideration the cost of running that rig (figure at least $100.00 per month in electricity for 6 GPU's) or the increase in difficulty (whatever the crypto currency of choice is) when all of the current GPU rigs/farms move to LTC when ever the hell our ASIC's get to us in the next 2-5 months.

Wow, $100 in electricity...

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:22:10 AM

What about alt mining?

And i don't think that PSU will work for all unless u do undervolt.  So you most likely will need dual power supplies.
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 01:35:45 AM

Also, do you know your way around a 1500 watt PSU, I hope you realize that most places do not have that kind of capacity at the wall, only the large type of outlets such as washer/dryer types can handle that kind of capacity.

You might want to contact an electrician about this.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:43:24 AM

How long do you expect alt-coins to be viable if all people do is trade them for BTC?

Why not just spend that $ and buy some ASICs?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
fishy (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:50:36 PM

Also, do you know your way around a 1500 watt PSU, I hope you realize that most places do not have that kind of capacity at the wall, only the large type of outlets such as washer/dryer types can handle that kind of capacity.

How about a solar farm?
Also, I don't want ASICs because then I can't mine scrypt.

nawazish1

Activity: 462

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:16:55 PM

How about a solar farm?

I am with you fishy. Just go for the rig and follow coinchoose.com you will definitely get your ROI earlier. people above are hardcore BTC supporters and they don't want anyone to get in to alts. The fact is Alts are also a part of crypto economy.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
fishy (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:29:15 PM

How about a solar farm?

I am with you fishy. Just go for the rig and follow coinchoose.com you will definitely get your ROI earlier. people above are hardcore BTC supporters and they don't want anyone to get in to alts. The fact is Alts are also a part of crypto economy.

Thanks!
Does anyone think a solar array is a feasible way to power the rig?

fishy (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

What about alt mining?

And i don't think that PSU will work for all unless u do undervolt.  So you most likely will need dual power supplies.

How do I under volt?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:47:28 PM

How about a solar farm?
You would need a huge solar farm with a lot of panels. It's not easy to generate 1500v with that. If you are already looking to spend a huge amount  of money I suggest buying an ASIC or investing somewhere.  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: