Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 09:09:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to report Spam?  (Read 643 times)
2048-bit (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:42:44 PM

I received this email through the PM service at bitcointalk.org that I didn't request.

You have just been sent a personal message by galvanbach98 on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Hello,
Welcome to the BTC-E Trading Bot. If your interested in the trial version or purchasing the full thing please visit the sales thread: htpps://bitcointalk.org.uk/index.phptopic=252907.0.htm

Also, if you would like to earn a nice .1 btc a week for adding the signature please visit the thread and tell Acnee I sent you!

Thanks!

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=******************

------------------
You are receiving this message because you are a member of the
Bitcoin Forum. If you do not want to receive further messages, you
can change your notification preferences here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;sa=notification
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;sa=pmprefs

If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reminder

Has anyone else received this?
Winterfrost

Activity: 714
Merit: 135

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:50:53 PM

I just got one too and reported it as spam to theymos.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:27:55 AM

Just got mine. I clicked the link. Not sure if I should have done that. A tad brainfried from the sun, for I just got in. Please advise.
2048-bit (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:16:02 PM

I don't think that there was a problem with clicking on the reply link as long as you didn't send any message.
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1329

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 04:21:19 PM

Team will look into this, asap.
Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:24:39 PM

This is the one that got me a couple days ago. Lost my old account. Reported it as compromised in the newbie section. Sorry I didnt post details. Tried to talk to thymos about it. No reply yet. So I am back in newbie jail. Dont follow that link. The reason I did not post details is I could not be sure that my problems were exactly from that message and I did not want to be accusatory to someone that didnt deserve it.
Sorry.

M

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
astrolabe

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:27:26 PM

I just got this

Btce-Bot is a top knotch trading platform that allows the user to trade 24/7 with auto trade option.  The bot is simple to setup and is supported by btc-e API keys. I offer a trial version, and only ask if you make a profit please buy full version for .2 btc. Visit http://www.btc-ebot.us/ for trial, and to purchase.

Thanks!
Desten_2

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:11:09 AM

This is the one that got me a couple days ago. Lost my old account. Reported it as compromised in the newbie section. Sorry I didnt post details. Tried to talk to thymos about it. No reply yet. So I am back in newbie jail. Dont follow that link. The reason I did not post details is I could not be sure that my problems were exactly from that message and I did not want to be accusatory to someone that didnt deserve it.
Sorry.

M

I've got a backdoor/trojan/spy ~15.07 with some wallet. 19.07 i've lost deposits on exchanges (stealer cancelled all orders, converted to btc and withdrawed to 176rSQx4ij439YuekdaTi2biaT5SPugnN5 from 2 exchanges by 3 withdraws). At the same time my profile here was stolen by same thief - changed email then password, so i cannot login and/or reset password and warn community in time. Digged lot of info about what happened and how, written to theymos fist by skype, then by icq/email, then registered here new account and written him message - no answers at all...

Deposits stealer are undetectable.
I downloaded new trojan (for experiments with him) that PM'd yesterday by "Trader2568". "In jail" i did some research. New trojan is undetectable too, uses .net2.0 compiler and legit MS vbc.exe (Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vbc.exe). It runs spyware (keylogger/clipboard capturer/screenshotter and even installer-capturer (i've installed hashtab to check md5 of vbc.exe...) - in his directory i've seen hashtab .dll's and so on. This backdoor opens remote administration of you machine and can do anything hidden from your eyes. So be very careful.
Trojan connected to private ip in US, California, Santa Rose. So, if someone close to this position... you can rip off this man.
If someone from admins/mods want more info to do something - then i can give some info about what happened in my situation and some info about current trojan/backdoor.

And please, admins/mods - return my old account back to me (change new email to my that i registered my account with, old nickname is Desten [like now but without "_2" at the end, and change password to something to prevent other party to log in [thief/stealer]).
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:54:22 AM

yes, and you click on report to admin? the most obvious thing to do? Roll Eyes
dfxygtreywa

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:36:11 AM

Got that email to