Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:59:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need votes to get Sublime Text to accept Bitcoin  (Read 2512 times)
someguy123 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 01:28:53 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2013, 03:04:24 AM by someguy123

I know that a large part of the Bitcoin community are developers of some sort, and for those who program, Sublime Text is a popular choice for a highly extensible text editor, with many plugins.

One problem with Sublime Text, is that the only payment option when purchasing it, is PayPal  Cry

I've written a large, descriptive post on their suggestion system explaining why they should accept Bitcoin. It would be great if people could up-vote and comment on the suggestion so that it can be easily seen by the company.

http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/203342-/

I've also made a reddit post on /r/Bitcoin if anyone wants to up-vote that, or comment on it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1hz5ht/we_need_votes_to_get_sublime_text_to_accept/

It shouldn't be too hard for us to get the post onto the front page, these are the current highest rated suggestions:

To get anywhere on the front page of suggestions/ideas at the current time, is around ~400 votes, or to the top of the front page, we need  ~1800 votes.

It also helps if you retweet my post on twitter:
https://twitter.com/compgenius999/status/354777554370035713

EDIT: Wow. Just a day later and I find that we've already hit 317 votes, we're pretty close to getting onto the front page of suggestions! Thanks for all the support guys
Edit: and as I say that, we come to a standstill... 2 days later stuck at around 350 votes, and the reddit has barely budged from 180 upvotes.

misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:46:38 AM

I'm a huge fan of Sublime Text! I have used it on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:53:14 AM

I voted! Lets do this, I am good for a copy.

how much is it? i'd try it at the right price.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 01:54:42 AM

I voted! Lets do this, I am good for a copy.

how much is it? i'd try it at the right price.
It's free if you're fine with nagware, they expect you to buy it if you like it, but it's essentially an unlimited trial, no features limited, just an annoying popup every few saves.
Currently you can pay $70 for a licence (it's a bit high, but I think they're just expecting very few people to buy it), and you're currently limited to paying via Paypal.

BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:01:21 AM

Voted! Really like sublime text as an editor for c++ Smiley
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 04:19:15 AM

look nice may have to give it ago later tonight

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 06:30:42 AM

Wow. I come back a few hours later and see nearly 100 votes on the suggestions page, and to find the reddit post at the top of /r/Bitcoin

Great work guys, we're sure to convince Sublime Text to accept Bitcoin at this rate!  Grin

Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:36:13 AM

Does this guy still actively develop Sublime?  Seems like it's been on the same version number forever.  No thanks, I'll stick with Emacs.  Tongue

Edit: nevermind, I see that there is finally a version 3 in the works.  I might actually consider this.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:44:04 AM

I sent them an E-Mail asking if they would accept Bitcoins, they said no, i asked why then they sent this :

Well , probably more support would help.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 07:52:42 AM

I sent them an E-Mail asking if they would accept Bitcoins, they said no, i asked why then they sent this :

Well , probably more support would help.
Yeah, maybe the director will change his mind when he sees that a large part of ST users want to pay with Bitcoin.

Scrat Acorns

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:58:24 AM

+1

I use it daily.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:12:25 AM

what does it offer over notepad++ ?

does it debug?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pokerfan

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:59:35 AM

Voted!
dirtscience

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:20:23 PM

Sublime needs to accept Bitcoin, we demand it!
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 06:52:08 PM

what does it offer over notepad++ ?

does it debug?
It has tons of plugins for different languages. Pretty much anything you want already exists as a plugin.
There's definitely a few debugging plugins, I mainly write PHP scripts, so I have the sublimelinter plugin which tells me if I screw up my code, similar to most PHP IDE's
There's also plugins which act as intellisense for any language, helping to write your program faster.

It's theme-able and very extensible. It's also pretty light (although notepad++ is lighter, ST lags on some computers)

payme4work24

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

I know that a large part of the Bitcoin community are developers of some sort, and for those who program, Sublime Text is a popular choice for a highly extensible text editor, with many plugins.

One problem with Sublime Text, is that the only payment option when purchasing it, is PayPal  Cry

I've written a large, descriptive post on their suggestion system explaining why they should accept Bitcoin. It would be great if people could up-vote and comment on the suggestion so that it can be easily seen by the company.

http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/203342-/

I've also made a reddit post on /r/Bitcoin if anyone wants to up-vote that, or comment on it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1hz5ht/we_need_votes_to_get_sublime_text_to_accept/

It shouldn't be too hard for us to get the post onto the front page, these are the current highest rated suggestions:
https://i.imgur.com/8Xq6G2X.png

To get anywhere on the front page of suggestions/ideas at the current time, is around ~400 votes, or to the top of the front page, we need  ~1800 votes.

It also helps if you retweet my post on twitter:
https://twitter.com/compgenius999/status/354777554370035713

EDIT: Wow. Just a day later and I find that we've already hit 317 votes, we're pretty close to getting onto the front page of suggestions! Thanks for all the support guys

Very cool
payme4work24

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:09:31 PM

I voted already
adabits

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:49:57 AM

Not sure if the Sales Team understands that they will still be getting their USD. Or the director thinks the mailman is going to dump a sackful of these 'bitcoins' at his door.
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 01:49:41 AM

Looks like we've come to a bit of a standstill... Would be nice if people could upvote the reddit post some more, we've fallen from the frontpage of /r/Bitcoin, and we've stuck around 346 votes for almost a day now.

someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 03:03:22 AM

Still falling behind...  Cry
Almost no movement in the past few days

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: