Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need votes to get Sublime Text to accept Bitcoin  (Read 2512 times)
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

The thing is, someone needs to take action and provide the company with a solution that will just work.
And with action I mean contact them directly and showcase a payment processor able to handle the
integration for them, bank account approval and providing them with cash in their bank for every
"Bitcoin sale".

In my mind it doesn't matter how many votes they'll get from people wanting them to accept Bitcoin,
just look at Dropbox ? This won't change their mind because they will have to allocate "developers"
to make this integration with Bitcoin and set up their own system for this, in which no company with
a business to run would even think of. Furthermore they will have to allocate personal to manage
the exchange of these Bitcoin to cash in the bank, and this would be a full time job because of the
price fluctuation and volatile nature of the Bitcoin market.

But anyone who wishes to take on this task are welcome to contact me, and we can set up a demo.
I won't say on BIPS, since I will probably just be shunned for suggesting my own company, but a
solution based on BitPay, Coinbase or BIPS.

If we can show them how easy it really is to accept Bitcoin by using services already build to manage
From Checkout, Invoice, Bitcoin receive, To Conversion, Bank wire transfer. I think we will manage to
get any company out there using Bitcoin. This is the way I have been "promoting" Bitcoin in the past 2 years.

Regards
Kris
someguy123 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:54:05 AM

The thing is, someone needs to take action and provide the company with a solution that will just work.
And with action I mean contact them directly and showcase a payment processor able to handle the
integration for them, bank account approval and providing them with cash in their bank for every
"Bitcoin sale".

But anyone who wishes to take on this task are welcome to contact me, and we can set up a demo.
I won't say on BIPS, since I will probably just be shunned for suggesting my own company, but a
Generally when I attempt Bitcoin evangelism like this, I always suggest BitPay and Coinbase, as I did with this suggestion. Of course it would probably be better if a company worked with them directly, such as when  Coinbase reaches out to companies like Humble Bundle  encouraging them directly, likely with much better support material than I have at hand. Maybe it would be more successful if there was more material available on reaching out to companies to add Bitcoin support to their payment options, possibly an all-in-one page explaining the legalities of Bitcoin in the US, all the positive effects they would achieve by adding Bitcoin, as well as an unbiased explanation of payment processors such as Bitpay, Coinbase, and BIPS.

Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:32:11 PM

"Bitcoin sale".

Generally when I attempt Bitcoin evangelism like this, I always suggest BitPay and Coinbase, as I did with this suggestion. Of course it would probably be better if a company worked with them directly, such as when  Coinbase reaches out to companies like Humble Bundle  encouraging them directly, likely with much better support material than I have at hand. Maybe it would be more successful if there was more material available on reaching out to companies to add Bitcoin support to their payment options, possibly an all-in-one page explaining the legalities of Bitcoin in the US, all the positive effects they would achieve by adding Bitcoin, as well as an unbiased explanation of payment processors such as Bitpay, Coinbase, and BIPS.

You understood my point clear as day, and this is exactly what BIPS did when reaching out to Flattr and brought it to fruition.
someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:09:47 PM

This started off so well, would be nice to see this get somewhere.

someguy123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:37:45 PM

We're close to slipping off the front page now  Embarrassed

dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 12:19:42 PM

Are there any news about buying sublime with bitcoin? I am trying to do that via snapcard but it is not walk in the park.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: