Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deja vu?  (Read 624 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:26:39 PM

Nah. At worst I see a mild correction just before the day CME allows entities to start trading Bitcoin futures. Currently we're dealing with an increasing adoption that doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. Back in the days it was an actual bubble where the market should never ever have touched the $1000 level. This market is completely different where there is more money than ever flowing into this ecosystem. Japan and South Korea are pushing the entire market towards newer highs, and that's just 2 countries being responsible for so much growth. Imagine how things will be when we have 10 or 20 countries contributing in a similar way....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PricklyPear1

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:44:15 AM

I don't understand how to work futures with bitcoin. I understand why this technology works on a commodity exchange, but the Forex market is absurd. It seems to me that this idea will fail. It seems to me that it will be unsuccessful attempt to stabilize the price of bitcoin. Now everyone wants to ride the bitcoin.

You can see one of my previous posts on this. Essentially, hedge funds need a way into BTC and the current price doesn’t facilitate that. The futures market will open and these guys will take out a massive short position on the expontential BTC price right now. When this run up breaks down, the hedge funds will make huge cash profits on the decline. Come Feb/Mar 2018, the price will stabilize at its price bottom (my est is around $6-8k) and the hedges will either buy BTC off the exchanges behind the scenes or take out a new long position and wait for the next big run up in a few years.

Wow you think $6-$8k is incoming in a few months...boy will you be surprised when its pushing $20k at that time instead of $6k hahaha.

Your premise is also faulty. You're saying the current price doesn't facilitate them getting into BTC. But then you're saying they're gonna take out massive shorts in futures. Those futures ain't gonna do a damn thing to the bitcoin price since the futures market is entirely separate from the bitcoin market. They can short futures all day, it won't affect the price of Bitcoin in the slightest. And if you're saying well they are gonna crash the price themselves, then they gotta buy up a ton of bitcoin beforehand, and I wish them luck trying to keep an exploding market down in which they only have a tiny piece of that market haha. Even if you say they've been buying up Bitcoin in order to short for a while now. Okay, great for them, then can try it the first time and they will either succeed or fail, but then to try it again they'll have to buy up a bunch more, but this time at much higher prices than the first time they bought. So it'll cost them a lot more money to do this, which will push the price even higher, getting even more people into the game, making it even harder to bring the price down low on their own. This is not a winning bet!

Your other faulty premise is that this run up is going to suddenly just end. Last time I checked organic user adoption is increasing rapidly, not slowing down. This isn't like 5-6 years ago when the market was tiny and a few big whales decide to sell and the price crashes all the way down and nobody knows what Bitcoin is so there is no new money coming in, or even 2013 when a single traumatic event causes a big collapse for a long period of time. Adoption has and is growing too far and too wide and too quickly for the price to suddenly crash to 50% or less and stay at that value. We know this because the price has crashed several times this year, and it never stabilized at low prices for more than weeks. These days crashes only get to like 20-30% down and stay there for no more than a few hours haha. Good luck convincing millions or even tens of million of people to not buy immediately at deeply discounted prices!!

Not looking to convince anyone. My opinion is rooted in standard BETI analysis. I’ll send you a PM in late Feb early Mar.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:38:03 AM

So we are sitting at 12.5K just like we were sitting at $1,242 in nov of 2013, Afterwards we saw a crash to low of $200 in march 2015, Are we expecting a crash down to 2K over a period of next year? just like it happened back then? My fingers are crossed on this one, I hope it doesn't happens but my spidey senses are tingling. Telling something big is coming up.. Either bad or good, only time will tell.. Are you guys sensing something too?

First, I don't know that Spiderman is also investing in Bitcoin. Lol. Kidding aside, yes only time will tell. We cannot assume that what happened before will happen again this time but we cannot also disregard the possibilities. Let's just be happy for now for the success of Bitcoin. If ever crash will happen, it is another opportunity to get more Bitcoin at a cheaper price.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:53:21 AM

So we are sitting at 12.5K just like we were sitting at $1,242 in nov of 2013, Afterwards we saw a crash to low of $200 in march 2015, Are we expecting a crash down to 2K over a period of next year? just like it happened back then? My fingers are crossed on this one, I hope it doesn't happens but my spidey senses are tingling. Telling something big is coming up.. Either bad or good, only time will tell.. Are you guys sensing something too?

First, I don't know that Spiderman is also investing in Bitcoin. Lol. Kidding aside, yes only time will tell. We cannot assume that what happened before will happen again this time but we cannot also disregard the possibilities. Let's just be happy for now for the success of Bitcoin. If ever crash will happen, it is another opportunity to get more Bitcoin at a cheaper price.

lol, that was epic Smiley but i really believed in op because anything is possible in bitcoin though i also believe in the saying that past dont hold the future and yes we must then accept if what will happen to bitcoin , whether it will crash or not. lets just be happy and embrace on what will be its destiny yet there were still tons of coins out there that we can use as a good alternative option next to bitcoin. people will then switch on them and resulting for their values to increase and pump just like what happend to bitcoin since it was first introduce to the public.
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:17:41 AM

Forgive me, i have not even understand a single word of what you have posted in there, can you translate it to
real english please?
I think you understood enough  Roll Eyes

Of course not, the price is not going to drop to that price, you should know that people is not going to do the same,
*people are not..

See what happens when you want to be a grammar Nazi? Things start to fall on your face.

Update: Just to let you guys know, I get nervous when things start to feel familiar, The 10x increase made me feel nervous. Anyway the trend is looking upwards. See you guys at $125,000 Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: